Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 08-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #85
DeepestGray

Drives: 2.0t m6 NGM, 2000 v6
It seems like there are a lot of people that really want the 1le package and really don't need it. I've made this argument about the 5th gen cars before but after driving an ss vs 1le I realized I was wrong. In the 5th gen the 1le package turned a pig into a sports car and you could feel it driving down the road.. And that made the package worth it even for people who don't track their cars imo. But in the 6th gen are you really going to be able to tell 1le between ss if you're not driving at the limit? I have the feeling for most people the answer will be no they can't. Only time will tell but I think for that reason the price of the package may not be justified compared to last gen. Part for part sure I understand completely but when it comes down to the driving experience?? If the car doesn't see track time I just don't see the point. A LOT of people just seem to want this car because it's a step above the SS and they can't afford a Z. Just like the last 1le. If your car doesn't see the track and you have to a faster Camaro then why not spend the 6.5k extra on a supercharger? If you don't drive your car like a race car everywhere than this is probably a way better way to spend your money, have fun, and go fast. Everyone is free to spend their money how they want but I really wish a few more people would stop and think, "what's the point of a track car that doesn't see the track?"
DeepestGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #86
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharabs View Post
When Al said the 1LE package was going to cost a little more than the 5th Gen, I was hoping for it to be around 5K. However, looks like he meant 1LE package on V6
I just think people made too much out of that comment. In the grand scheme of how much the car costs overall I'm fairly satisfied. The 1SS 1LE will be about $1k less than the MSRP on a 2SS with MRC and NPP, and with respects interior creature comforts is pretty close to a 2SS. Meanwhile you gain the eLSD, the very cool wheels, the huge 305 section rear tires and whatever the bigger front tires are, some very cool looking aero stuff for appearance etc.

To me it's a great value package. I think the best thing for GM to do would have been to make the HUD and the Recaros a separate package, probably would have lowered the price by around $1k to do that and could have sold the package for $5500 which would have 'felt better' compared to the previous price of $3500 on the 5th Gen. But the reality is that the 6th Gen 1LE package just has way more stuff in it than the 5th Gen did, and as a result it cost more. This isn't surprising to be honest. That has been their philosophy with this car in general [more content, for more money].

When you consider though that the 6th Gen 1SS has similar performance to the 5th Gen 1LE, maybe we can start to understand why they are charging more for the base car, and if as predicted, the 6th Gen 1LE performs similar to the GT350, maybe we should realize that although it isn't cheap, it represents a tremendous value for a sports car enthusiast.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #87
randypipe

Drives: Muscle
Can someone show me in the official release that Recaros are included in 1le package
randypipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #88
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Sometimes I wonder If the Camaro team comes on here and looks at these thread pre-release. They pick a number we come up with between what we think is a little excessive and whats completely outrageous and then they laugh and laugh....

but muh content...but muh performance....but muh H2H against the M4

And before you elitists get on me I can afford it just fine. I just think GM is getting greedy. I don't care how much this or that option is retail either since that's completely irrelevant.

I'll likely still buy it. OK I'm done crying till tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #89
aestil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Sometimes I wonder If the Camaro team comes on here and looks at these thread pre-release. They pick a number we come up with between what we think is a little excessive and whats completely outrageous and then they laugh and laugh....

but muh content...but muh performance....but muh H2H against the M4

And before you elitists get on me I can afford it just fine. I just think GM is getting greedy. I don't care how much this or that option is retail either since that's completely irrelevant.

I'll likely still buy it. OK I'm done crying till tomorrow.
Forget the head to head performance vs the M4, what about the expected performance vs a GT350 which is $55k. I'm not a huge fan of being raked over the coals, but it's hard to expect a business not to get as much money as possible for the value of the item they are selling.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #90
aestil

Quote:
Originally Posted by randypipe View Post
Can someone show me in the official release that Recaros are included in 1le package
Camaro SS 1LE Highlights
6.2L LT1 V8 rated at 455 horsepower, and 6-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
Magnetic Ride Control
Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
Unique forged-aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for Camaro
Brembo brakes with new 6-piston monobloc front red calipers and 2-piece rotors
Track cooling package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
Dual-mode exhaust system
RECARO front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique 3-piece rear spoiler
Available Performance Data Recorder

http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/art...-packages.html
Old 08-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #91
randypipe

Drives: Muscle
$36995 does not include $995.00 destination So does'nt that make MSRP $44,400 before
tax,tag,title?
randypipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #92
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepestGray View Post
It seems like there are a lot of people that really want the 1le package and really don't need it. I've made this argument about the 5th gen cars before but after driving an ss vs 1le I realized I was wrong. In the 5th gen the 1le package turned a pig into a sports car and you could feel it driving down the road.. And that made the package worth it even for people who don't track their cars imo. But in the 6th gen are you really going to be able to tell 1le between ss if you're not driving at the limit? I have the feeling for most people the answer will be no they can't. Only time will tell but I think for that reason the price of the package may not be justified compared to last gen. Part for part sure I understand completely but when it comes down to the driving experience?? If the car doesn't see track time I just don't see the point. A LOT of people just seem to want this car because it's a step above the SS and they can't afford a Z. Just like the last 1le. If your car doesn't see the track and you have to a faster Camaro then why not spend the 6.5k extra on a supercharger? If you don't drive your car like a race car everywhere than this is probably a way better way to spend your money, have fun, and go fast. Everyone is free to spend their money how they want but I really wish a few more people would stop and think, "what's the point of a track car that doesn't see the track?"
For me, I do not track my cars (yet) but the 1LE would be my perfect daily. In my mind it represents everything that a true sports car should be "out of the box" and personally I wouldn't change much. Just the availability of the Recaros would make me want it if nothing else (my current car has them and they're amazing). Between the better brakes, MRC, active exhaust, wide wheels, Recaros, and HUD this car once again IMO is perfect from the factory. My current Mustang is a base model "performance pack car" so I have 6 piston brembos (Brembos front only ), 19x9.5" wide rear wheels (yawn), some other small things, and had to order my Recaros as an option. Then there is exhaust...the new 5.0s factory exhaust note is pitiful. I think my Pontiac G6 back in 09 was louder at idle and acceleration lol. Fast forward to the 1LE and I can get all that in a factory package along with extras like the HUD, brembos on all 4 corners, active exhaust, and MRC on what is a "base model or 1SS". It is a car I can drive off the lot, tint and be pretty happy with until I feel the itch and need to do a tune/intake or a cam swap. Sure it may be overkill on most days, but for someone who enjoys keeping their warranty and still having a fast car that they can beat on every day the 1LE is an awesome bargain in my eyes. Oh and I would love to hurt the feelings of some GT350 owners
FlashBang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #93
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Due to the options set, The 6th gen 1LE probably lines up closer to a 5th gen 1LE 2ss... Guess it all depends on how you skin the cat.

at $6500, that's a pretty good deal when you compare it to what it would take to replicate the package. MRC and NPP alone would cost $2600 on a SS. That extra $3900 is getting you a lot, vs a 1SS with MRC and NPP.
Yep. Essentially a 1SS with MRC, NPP, and 6 piston upgrade is all you can get before you eclipse the $6500 1LE package price. Then you would be stuck with trying to sell your original 4 piston setup for some more cash and even then you are still missing the following 1LE specific parts

(Cost to add to standard SS either factory or aftermarket)
- Electronic LSD (N/A)
- Perf. Traction Managment (N/A)
- Wheels/Tires ($2500)
- Springs, Swaybars, and Bushings (TBD)
- Front Splitter ($610)
- Blade Spoiler ($450 EBAY)
- Recaros (N/A)
- Suede wheel and shifter (N/A)
- Satin finishes

Also you don't get to opt for the Perf. Data Recorder. All in all I think the package is fairly priced if you want anything more than just 1LE wheels/tires on a standard SS.

Last edited by mjk3888; 08-08-2016 at 04:42 PM.
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #94
aestil

Quote:
Originally Posted by randypipe View Post
$36995 does not include $995.00 destination So does'nt that make MSRP $44,400 before
tax,tag,title?
You are correct, it is $44,400 before TTL.

Just for comparison a 2SS with MRC and NPP is $45,490 before TTL, so this is the comparison I've been looking at. I wanted the 1SS 1LE to come in under a 2SS with MRC and NPP, which it does by about $1k. Feels like they got the pricing of the car right to me.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #95
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
wouldnt you have to compare the price of a 5th gen 2SS 1LE to the new 1LE? The only thing the new one doesnt have that the old one had is heated seats.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #96
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic1 View Post
. Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure in one of the 1LE threads you predicted a package cost of $3895, so would it be fair to say YOU did not expect $6500? Seems like you're piling on this guy just for saying the new version is priced out of his acceptable range.
I never, ever predicted a price that low...I wish that is what it was. My point was that $3000 shouldn't make or break your purchase. Wait and save as I said, as there are too many people living beyond their means. I was far from piling on the guy. If it came off that way, my bad.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #97
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Considering I still see 1 SS 6th gens in my area from low to mid 40's, I can't imagine anyone is actually driving out of the dealership for $43,000 like so many are saying.

Not now anyway. If so, why would you buy 1SS or 2SS?

It will be interesting to see what people end up actually paying to get some of the first ones.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #98
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Exactly! I will be trying to get out the door for $43k!
I would love to hit that number. Not sure if it will be doable though?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote