Cars name is Ellie
Attached Images

zts_gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 12:36 PM   #58
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily1LE View Post
Incredible the flexibility you guys get in other states. In IL we can't do anything. Can't intermix letters and numbers (numbers must be at end), and if you pick a non-standard IL plate, say a Bears or White Sox plate, the max is 5 letters. Can't even try to get creative, and by now everything is taken.
Thats ok. I REFUSE to give Illinois any more money than I have to. Between Chicago and Springfield, they mismanage every dime they get!
Old 10-10-2023, 04:39 PM   #59
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
I had to hang up my BLUPRNT plate this month since it expired on my bday and I moved to Arizona. Unluckily my vanity name plate was already taken here. So my new plate will be 1OF1LE (One of One 1LE) whenever that comes.
At least you got out of this godforsaken state. I kick myself daily for deciding moving back wouldn't be all that bad. Yep it is....
Old 10-11-2023, 12:16 AM   #60
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
At least you got out of this godforsaken state. I kick myself daily for deciding moving back wouldn't be all that bad. Yep it is....
Haha this my first time moving out of the state and I must say, I do miss alot of things about it but there are things I dont miss. I dont see myself coming back based on these reasons: 1) SNOW (I feel like the seasons are too short there) and 2) Car Insurance (I dont get why it's so high) I pay half the cost out here in AZ. However AZ do get it back from DMW but still. Oh and 3) the ROADS are so much better and less construction. It always seems to be orange cones somewhere in MI however it is home and I will always root for all my MI sport teams no matter where I go.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 07:08 AM   #61
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Haha this my first time moving out of the state and I must say, I do miss alot of things about it but there are things I dont miss. I dont see myself coming back based on these reasons: 1) SNOW (I feel like the seasons are too short there) and 2) Car Insurance (I dont get why it's so high) I pay half the cost out here in AZ. However AZ do get it back from DMW but still. Oh and 3) the ROADS are so much better and less construction. It always seems to be orange cones somewhere in MI however it is home and I will always root for all my MI sport teams no matter where I go.
Congrats on the move, brother. I feel the same way about New Jersey where we used to live and good ole' Tennessee that I don't ever intend to leave. Truth to be told, though, roads aren't universally crappy in NJ, there were some nice freshly paved ones up there, too... but then the INSANE amount of salt and brine they spray destroy those fast.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 08:55 AM   #62
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Quote:
I lived in Florida for nearly 30 years (most of my adult life). I adopted the Gators, Bucs, Lightning and Rays within about 3 years. At this point, I consider.myself a Floridian more than a Michigander. Never got homesick for Michigan. I really am not a sports fanatic like I was years ago. I can't stand to watch Big 10 football. Give me SEC football any day.
You ask why (maybe you don't) I moved back? Mother in law with dementia... Tried to turn her into a snowbird and that failed. She can't handle changing routines. Really thought it was going to be a temporary move but at this point, it's looking permanent. Florida is getting too expensive for what I had and I would have to get less than I want to move back. I could maybe look at South Carolina, north Georgia if the time comes I could move before I feel I'm too old to. I'm already in my 70's....
Old 10-11-2023, 10:51 AM   #63
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Congrats on the move, brother. I feel the same way about New Jersey where we used to live and good ole' Tennessee that I don't ever intend to leave. Truth to be told, though, roads aren't universally crappy in NJ, there were some nice freshly paved ones up there, too... but then the INSANE amount of salt and brine they spray destroy those fast.
Thank you! TN is a good state! If I had to choose based on my job that would be one of them. My family love to go to Gatlinburg so much, they should buy a cabin by now. I prefer Nashville over that but it still a nice place to go and visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
I lived in Florida for nearly 30 years (most of my adult life). I adopted the Gators, Bucs, Lightning and Rays within about 3 years. At this point, I consider.myself a Floridian more than a Michigander. Never got homesick for Michigan. I really am not a sports fanatic like I was years ago. I can't stand to watch Big 10 football. Give me SEC football any day.
You ask why (maybe you don't) I moved back? Mother in law with dementia... Tried to turn her into a snowbird and that failed. She can't handle changing routines. Really thought it was going to be a temporary move but at this point, it's looking permanent. Florida is getting too expensive for what I had and I would have to get less than I want to move back. I could maybe look at South Carolina, north Georgia if the time comes I could move before I feel I'm too old to. I'm already in my 70's....
Aww man God Bless your Mother in Law, I understand what you're going thru. I am in the same situation now except with my Father In Law. The good thing is that he has siblings and his wife to look over but we check in every other day to see hows he doing. It would be a hard move for him to come out to AZ based on the stage he's in plus he's quite aggressive with people. Hopefully Michigan is not too permanent and you can escape and move to SC or NC. I pray everything continues to go well over there for you guys! I know that life circumstances is not easy.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:13 AM   #64
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Quote:
Thank you! TN is a good state! If I had to choose based on my job that would be one of them. My family love to go to Gatlinburg so much, they should buy a cabin by now. I prefer Nashville over that but it still a nice place to go and visit.

Aww man God Bless your Mother in Law, I understand what you're going thru. I am in the same situation now except with my Father In Law. The good thing is that he has siblings and his wife to look over but we check in every other day to see hows he doing. It would be a hard move for him to come out to AZ based on the stage he's in plus he's quite aggressive with people. Hopefully Michigan is not too permanent and you can escape and move to SC or NC. I pray everything continues to go well over there for you guys! I know that life circumstances is not easy.
It's a terrible disease. She's 92 and physically in really decent shape. Moves around fine. Just can't think, reason or anything like that. She needs to be told what to do all the time. Luckily she's not aggressive.. Reasonably happy. She can't remember what she ate within minutes of finishing a meal. She does know who we are along with my dog. He helps a bunch. She'll get all twisted about needing to go to her home she no longer has. I'll get him over to her and he gets her mind off the old house and on him. There are a few ways I don't want to leave this earth and dementia is right near the top.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:30 PM   #65
m1cha3l

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 6 Speed
SSSTICK
m1cha3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #66
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
XLR8NXS
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 11:38 AM   #67
F0RMULA

Drives: 1SS 1LE
F0RMULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 07:12 PM   #68
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0RMULA View Post
This is the best plate!
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 05:47 PM   #69
Jason Mellon

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE & 2023 1LE
Vanity Plate

One of 2 previous Savages
Attached Images

Jason Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:15 PM   #70
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
I got my vanity plates 35 years ago... my last name, big surprise it wasn't already taken HAHA. Back then my car was stolen, but I was able to recover the totaled car, with plates unscathed. Since then, I've received 2 revisions of the same plates, so I have three different NJ plates with my name on them. I'm currently driving with my oldest plates.
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote