Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #29
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
What the heck to you mean after Saturday? I hate to break it to you man, but you already have it and pretty bad.
Fair point
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #30
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Got the SD Card cleared off and downloaded Cosworth Toolbox last night. Should be good to go for plenty of PDR footage from the Starting Line School on saturday. Wonder If I should take the tablet in case the instructors have a chance to look over the Cosworth data from some runs with me.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #31
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Got the SD Card cleared off and downloaded Cosworth Toolbox last night. Should be good to go for plenty of PDR footage from the Starting Line School on saturday. Wonder If I should take the tablet in case the instructors have a chance to look over the Cosworth data from some runs with me.
I definitely would. Worst case they don't want to, but if they can look at it and even better compare a run where you drove to one where the instructor drove would be really helpful. It's a teaching tool they will rarely ever have access to since most cars don't have anything remotely like this. Even without the Cosworth Toolbox the on screen data like steering angle and throttle position are great ways to see what is happening during a run and they can help you correct those mistakes. I say go for it, and share some videos and a review of the school with us after it's over. Are you going to the Autocross the following day there?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #32
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I definitely would. Worst case they don't want to, but if they can look at it and even better compare a run where you drove to one where the instructor drove would be really helpful. It's a teaching tool they will rarely ever have access to since most cars don't have anything remotely like this. Even without the Cosworth Toolbox the on screen data like steering angle and throttle position are great ways to see what is happening during a run and they can help you correct those mistakes. I say go for it, and share some videos and a review of the school with us after it's over. Are you going to the Autocross the following day there?
I'll definitely post about it here. I'm definitely looking forward to it. No on the Sunday Autocross, but I'm planning to go to the first event at ZMAX.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #33
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

The 1LE made me feel like a track hero! I ran fastest student lap of the Day! See my thread for PDR footage and my thoughts on the SCCA Starting Line School at Darlington Raceway on 2/18

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484835
Old 02-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #34
Extreme Dimensions

Drives: 2016 1ss Camaro
had a track day at fontana aka aaa speedway but it got rained out boo! was going to be my first one in the new car but oh well!
1-714-278-8000 EXT 17
andrew.bettridge@extremedimensions.com
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #35
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
If you're in the DC, VA, MD area, this is the WDCR Solo Season Event schedule:

Upcoming Events

APR 1* Kart/Novice School
Apr 1 - Apr 2 · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

APR 23 Season Opening Practice
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

APR 30 Championship Event #1
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

MAY 6 Test and Tune
Sat 7 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

MAY 13 Championship Event #2
Sat 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUN 4 Championship Event #3
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUN 25 Championship Event #4
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUL 8 Level 1&2 School / T&T
Sat 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUL 16 Championship Event #5
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

AUG 20 Championship Event #6
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

SEP 24 Championship Event #7
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

For more info, check out @WdcrSolo, WDCR Solo on Facebook, or http://www.wdcr-scca.org/events/autocross

These are the dates for Autocrossers Inc Dial-In Days. I will get to some, but not all. its basically a test and tune for those who may want to get some extra seat time.

AI, which has been putting on autocrosses for over forty years, will host four Dial-In Days over the course of the 2017 season. Instead of holding typical autocrosses where competitors get a limited number of timed runs in pursuit of awards at the end of the day, Dial-In Days offer a smaller number of participants the opportunity to spend a day working on both their cars and their driving skills in a more relaxed atmosphere.

Restricting the number of drivers to just twenty-five means those drivers will have plenty of track time to experiment with setup changes over the course of the day. While those drivers will be expected to work some portions of the day, the balance is theirs to get in as many runs as they wish during the hours that the course is available. All runs will be timed so those drivers will be able to track their progress as they fine-tune their cars over the course of the day.

A typical AI Dial-In Day will have the following format: the day will be broken into half-hour segments starting at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m. Before the course goes hot in the morning, drivers will choose three half-hour segments to work course to ensure displaced cones are reset and the track remains safe to run. Any time those drivers are not working, they are free to make as many runs as they like.

While the AI Dial-In Days are intended for experienced drivers to work on their cars and their driving, AI committee members – some of the most experienced drivers in the region – will be around and available to help with car evaluation, setup changes, and limited driver coaching.

The dates for AI’s Dial-In Days are as follows:

Sunday, April 9 (likely the earliest opportunity to get on course in the new year)

Saturday, May 20

Sunday, August 6 (just in time to fine-tune before the Solo National Championships)

Saturday, October 14

The Dial-In Days will be held at Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, Maryland.

For more info http://www.autocrossersinc.com/site/

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 03-02-2017 at 08:18 PM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #36
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
East coast got hammered with snow (hope everyone is ok) and Michigan is still covered with snow still as well, but track season is around the corner in Great lakes area, so I wanted to post some of the track day events coming up in March / April, not too far from Michigan.

03/18 NASA @ NCM https://www.nasaproracing.com/events?region_id=16
04/01 10/10th @ Putnam Park http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/ap...am-park--.html
04/08 MVP @ NCM http://www.mvptracktime.com/id92.html
04/14 3 Balls @ Gingerman http://www.3ballsracing.com/track-day-registration
04/21 NASA @ Mid-Ohio https://www.nasaproracing.com/events?region_id=16
04/27 NCM HPDE day
04/28 Audi club @ Grattan

I'm signed up for 3 balls event at Gingerman (4/15), and am considering NASA at Mid-O or Audi club at Grattan.

Anyone interested?
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #37
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
East coast got hammered with snow (hope everyone is ok) and Michigan is still covered with snow still as well, but track season is around the corner in Great lakes area, so I wanted to post some of the track day events coming up in March / April, not too far from Michigan.

03/18 NASA @ NCM https://www.nasaproracing.com/events?region_id=16
04/01 10/10th @ Putnam Park http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/ap...am-park--.html
04/08 MVP @ NCM http://www.mvptracktime.com/id92.html
04/14 3 Balls @ Gingerman http://www.3ballsracing.com/track-day-registration
04/21 NASA @ Mid-Ohio https://www.nasaproracing.com/events?region_id=16
04/27 NCM HPDE day
04/28 Audi club @ Grattan

I'm signed up for 3 balls event at Gingerman (4/15), and am considering NASA at Mid-O or Audi club at Grattan.

Anyone interested?
I'm planning on the 3 Balls Gingerman 4/13 and 4/14. I just haven't signed up yet. Only one month to go, this snow has to get out of here!
Old 03-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #38
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
I'm planning on the 3 Balls Gingerman 4/13 and 4/14. I just haven't signed up yet. Only one month to go, this snow has to get out of here!
Great! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing 1LE in action. I'll be there on 14th.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #39
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
Great! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing 1LE in action. I'll be there on 14th.
Ok, I signed up for both days, put myself in Group 2 as usual since I don't like their group 1 loose cannon situation with no point bys. Fingers crossed the weather is at least above freezing. April track days are always a crap shoot.

I look forward to seeing how the 1LE does too!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #40
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Ok, I signed up for both days, put myself in Group 2 as usual since I don't like their group 1 loose cannon situation with no point bys. Fingers crossed the weather is at least above freezing. April track days are always a crap shoot.

I look forward to seeing how the 1LE does too!

Yeah, I'll be running in group 2 as well. Couple more people on this forum seem to be regular at 3 balls event and run in group 2. It would be fun to line up a few Camaros for a session.

Is it April yet???
Old 03-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #41
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
A 2 day event at Gingerman on 14th sounded awesome, but too early in the season for me to get my act together. I'm giving some thought to the Memorial Day Weekend event at Gingerman with Autointerests. They say they run normal direction on Sat, and reverse on Sunday, which sounds like an interesting challenge.

I'm trying to work it all out as a family vacation with the wife and kids "taking in the sights" in Grand Rapids while daddy goes off to play at either Gingerman or Grattan. I did Gingerman last year as a family trip to the beach, so I'm hoping I can make Grattan work out this year, but hoping to do both.

Ideal season: Granttan once, Gingerman once, Waterford: at least 1 track day, and at least 1 Bracket Race. So far I've got the Waterford Track day booked for June. Need to get the family calendar worked out for the rest. Knowing there might be some other forum members there would definitely make it more interesting.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #42
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
For anybody in the Northeast who is looking to get a little experience with autocross-
Evolution Motorsports Phase 1 Driving School is at Metlife Stadium on April 2nd. Currently only 21 people signed up, and I am the only Camaro (so far). For $265, you get 24 runs with instructors. A bit pricey, yes, but it should be a good experience for anybody, whether novice or experienced.

April 2
Metlife Stadium (East Rutherford NJ)
Evolution Motorsports
Autocross School
Evolution Motorsports Phase 1 Driving School
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote