#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-03-2016, 01:49 AM   #43
mcynet

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Locally? Who cares? (The people you beat may...)

Nationally, the spoiler will kick you out of FS, and so will the 6pots.

--kC
The spoiler won't kick you out will it? I thought It is a factory option now,

The front facia extention and ground effects option 's come installed on the car. They still aren't released for ss distribution any other way.

So will those things move you out of FS?...

What about Installing the brake vents that came in the trunk?

(OLD CAR)2014 Camaro 1LE, 2SS, NPP Dual Mode Exhaust, K&N Air Filter. E3 Catch Can. z28 Grill, and 1LE Badging
mcynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #44
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Spoiler is dealer installed. Yes, it's an option, but AFAIK, it's put on at the dealer. Haven't yet found otherwise. Just like 6pots, you CAN order them, but if they're not put on at the factory, it kicks you out.

Brake vents are legal because they were shipped with the car as OEM and in the manual.

Front facia and GFX are also dealer installed, unless something has changed since I last looked about 30ish days ago... If they are factory, would love to see proof.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #45
mcynet

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Spoiler is dealer installed. Yes, it's an option, but AFAIK, it's put on at the dealer. Haven't yet found otherwise. Just like 6pots, you CAN order them, but if they're not put on at the factory, it kicks you out.

Brake vents are legal because they were shipped with the car as OEM and in the manual.

Front facia and GFX are also dealer installed, unless something has changed since I last looked about 30ish days ago... If they are factory, would love to see proof.
I know you can't get the GFX from the dealer, you can only order them with the car, the dealer I spoke with said there was a problem with the performance kits. The holes don't fit properly unless you get them from the factory, so the part number has been on back order for months. Only way to get them was to order them on. The car... That's what they told me. If they are not legal, I need to cancel my order.... Anyone have an answer from chevy. It is not an advantage it just makes the car look cool.

(OLD CAR)2014 Camaro 1LE, 2SS, NPP Dual Mode Exhaust, K&N Air Filter. E3 Catch Can. z28 Grill, and 1LE Badging
mcynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #46
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
I doubt anyone will have an issue with it. I think it is an appearance mod that has no discernible impact on performance. If anything the extra weight could negatively affect handling.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #47
Imp
Dodges all the cones

For those that do national level events, it would be a problem. Local? Who cares.

It seems like all those options are still dealer, and not factory, installed mcynet...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442843

In other words, dealers lie to make a sale. Tell them that if they are dealer installed, it makes a difference in a big way to you and why you are buying the car. Because I do national events, it would have to be factory installed and not dealer installed. As for "who would know", well, that's everyone.

--kC
Old 03-03-2016, 04:39 PM   #48
Z3papa

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 ZCP
Quote:
For those that do national level events, it would be a problem. Local? Who cares.

It seems like all those options are still dealer, and not factory, installed mcynet...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442843

In other words, dealers lie to make a sale. Tell them that if they are dealer installed, it makes a difference in a big way to you and why you are buying the car. Because I do national events, it would have to be factory installed and not dealer installed. As for "who would know", well, that's everyone.

--kC
You're right but it's unfortunate to think you'd have to consider taking these parts off the car just be legal.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #49
Imp
Dodges all the cones

It's a fine line. Allow them, and what's next t? To the point you have to allow everything
Old 04-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #50
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
This Mustang guy is really anticipating seeing these 6th Gen's out in FS (and eventually STP).
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote