Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 11-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #57
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Old 11-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #58
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
So someone posts something that goes against forum policy and then they get butthurt when their post is deleted? Did you or did you not understand that there are forum rules?

It's like, 'I"m going to bitch and moan because I wasn't willing to comply with the rules I agreed to comply with....'

Although, to be fair, I do this everyday. :P I agreed to do the speed limit, but I break it on a daily basis and bitch about it being so damn low.
I just look at Speed Limits as opening suggestions... we suggest you go 75mph...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
Old 11-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #59
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
The highest speed limit on this island is 60... :P

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
Old 11-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #60
Old Skool Mitch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS (Sold)
I have to agree with the OP. I've had a few buddies banned from this forum simply by disagreeing with a long time member. I'm a member of several private forums ranging from firearms to yoga and non are as strict as this one. Bottom line, private forums have a lot of rules and certainly no free speech. It's really simple, we must abide by the rules or risk being banned.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #61
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Personally I still can't believe this thread is still going.

Posting about a warning message and flaming a mod is a big no no.
Lol. I thought it was going to be deleted promptly after posting...but it has not been.

So Thank You Moderators for that!

A good healthy discussion comprised of agreements/disagreements and some name calling. Nothing wrong with that
Old 11-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #62
Old Skool Mitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm2Reality View Post
I thought it was going to be deleted promptly after posting but it has not been. So Thank You Moderators for that! A good healthy discussion comprised of agreements/disagreements and some name calling. Nothing wrong with that
Agreed. I don't see any rules being broken. America is still one of a few countries in the world today where people can have an opinion and not be hauled off to jail, or worse, killed. Unfortunately we live in a PC world today thanks to all the silly laws and rules. We can't even look at someone without be interrogated by a Police Officer. Lord forbid you compliment a woman, she will call in the National Guard as harassment hauling your butt off to the county jail. Opinions should be valued, the good and the bad so long as nobody is harmed in any way. Thank you.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #63
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
No one is more pro free speech and anti whiny priss than me friends. But this isn't about free speech or hurt feelings. If I'm asking 50k for my 1LE and 100k for my z51, that's my business. Shoot me a PM and say "hey man, interested in your car, but your price is stupid, are you willing to ask a reasonable price?" Otherwise, who died and made you the price whisperer? Why do I need you to constantly comment on my post bitching about my asking price? That's just being a pest and you should be warned for that.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #64
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Here's the thing about free speech...unless the government is forcing you not to speak, you've got free speech.

Voluntarily coming onto an internet forum, signing up while knowing that there are certain rules governing behavior and then getting mad when you break those rules and suffer the consequences just doesn't seem to fall into the same realm...

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
Old 11-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #65
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Here's the thing about free speech...unless the government is forcing you not to speak, you've got free speech.

Voluntarily coming onto an internet forum, signing up while knowing that there are certain rules governing behavior and then getting mad when you break those rules and suffer the consequences just doesn't seem to fall into the same realm...

Well you see, the funny thing is, I was not aware I broke any rules until way after I made the post. I signed up and have been a contributing member for years. Crazy me...not sure what I was thinking responding to another crazy post on a forum.

And I have to add...just based on the views/replies...I don't think I am the only one in this boat...or maybe many want to see the small boat I am in?
Old 11-20-2016, 02:25 AM   #66
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Your title, Is it from personal experience? or something you read?
Old 11-20-2016, 02:52 AM   #67
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Mitch View Post
I have to agree with the OP. I've had a few buddies banned from this forum simply by disagreeing with a long time member. I'm a member of several private forums ranging from firearms to yoga and non are as strict as this one. Bottom line, private forums have a lot of rules and certainly no free speech. It's really simple, we must abide by the rules or risk being banned.
Of course, I don't know their particular circumstances, but from what I've seen thus far, it's not that people express disagreement, but how they express it that gets them banned.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:17 AM   #68
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Well you see, the funny thing is, I was not aware I broke any rules until way after I made the post. I signed up and have been a contributing member for years. Crazy me...not sure what I was thinking responding to another crazy post on a forum.

And I have to add...just based on the views/replies...I don't think I am the only one in this boat...or maybe many want to see the small boat I am in?
LMAO @ this one. Not sure you're reading the thread, because most are not in agreement with you.

You obviously didn't like someones price, broke rule #5 and crapped on their FS thread. Kudos to the mods for cleaning that up.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #69
Old Skool Mitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't think I am the only one in this boat?
I agree but it's a private forum with a lot of private rules. There is no free speech here. We must abide by the rules or leave. I personally think this forum overly politically correct if you will and I know a few guys who got banned for disagreeing with the masses. My advice is try avoid posting when you see conflict or if the majority agrees on something passionately, just remain silent because you will not win here if the majority is against you. Good luck.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #70
Old Skool Mitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Not sure you're reading the thread, because most are not in agreement with you.
I disagree. I think some folks observing here may be reluctant to post in fear of being banned simply because of fear of disagreeing. Like I said before we have a small Camaro Club in my area and some of my fellow Camaro enthusiast friends were banned from this forum. They did not elaborate why, but they are stand up adult guys who I know personally. Fathers, volunteers, LEOs, etc.

Closed Thread