Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 06-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #1
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
BRR-SCCA @Danville Airport

Had my first event in a loonngg time this weekend. It was definitely a lot of fun just wish we could have had more runs with the small amount of people we had there compared to the 150+ cars and 6+ runs my friends further up north get.

Best run was 57.684 plus 2 cones, so 61.684 in the end... Car felt great, but just gotta get more seat time with it and I should be faster with time. All my cones were hit on the passenger side, so I need to work on that and maybe go outside more. There was nothing else in my class other than a G37 that was a second slower, but no cone hits...

Some action shots

Last edited by AdvanSuper; 06-20-2016 at 08:22 AM.
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
Nice!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Seemed like a pretty easy and fast course.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
AdvanSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
Seemed like a pretty easy and fast course.
Yea, just gotta clean it up and get faster

What classing are you in with those mods?
Old 06-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
Ian SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanSuper View Post
Yea, just gotta clean it up and get faster

What classing are you in with those mods?
Cam-C

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 06-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
AdvanSuper

Quote:
Cam-C
How's the competitiveness in your area for it? Probably staying FS until I get the car down to a science then go from there.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #7
Ian SS

Quote:
How's the competitiveness in your area for it? Probably staying FS until I get the car down to a science then go from there.
Not a whole lot of cars running in San Diego in FS or Cam-c, but the ones that do are quick. Few 5th gen 1LE running good times.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 06-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #8
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Not a whole lot of cars running in San Diego in FS or Cam-c, but the ones that do are quick. Few 5th gen 1LE running good times.
Thats a shame there aren't as many people running in those groups. I was running FS with Will, John B, Matt and Sidney last year before moving here to NC. Will is a fantastic driver in his 13 1LE and I think he goes to events up in El Toro as well as San Diego. (and maybe elsewhere) It looks like Sidney is doing rather well this season too good for her!

AdvanSuper it looks like it will be a bit of a drive for you but if you can swing it you should seriously consider coming down to Charlotte for at least one event at zMax. The facility is fantastic and HUGE we rarely ever have courses that are under 65 seconds for street classes. This weekend runs were 70 seconds plus. We are having a 2 day event on July 9th and 10th. If you sign up as novice you will get 5 runs each day you sign up for. Here is there Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ If you think you might want to come let me know!

And here is a look at what this weekends course was like. (and to give you an idea of how great the facility is)
Old 06-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #9
AdvanSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Thats a shame there aren't as many people running in those groups. I was running FS with Will, John B, Matt and Sidney last year before moving here to NC. Will is a fantastic driver in his 13 1LE and I think he goes to events up in El Toro as well as San Diego. (and maybe elsewhere) It looks like Sidney is doing rather well this season too good for her!

AdvanSuper it looks like it will be a bit of a drive for you but if you can swing it you should seriously consider coming down to Charlotte for at least one event at zMax. The facility is fantastic and HUGE we rarely ever have courses that are under 65 seconds for street classes. This weekend runs were 70 seconds plus. We are having a 2 day event on July 9th and 10th. If you sign up as novice you will get 5 runs each day you sign up for. Here is there Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ If you think you might want to come let me know!

And here is a look at what this weekends course was like. (and to give you an idea of how great the facility is)
[u2b]lDFbt5SLlv8[u2b]
Yea, ZMAX is a bit of a trek for me. I've been keeping my MotorsportReg search to 120 miles max to be around 90 minute drive time. I will be in Gboro this weekend though for the Triad event. Depending on what's going on I'll see about the ZMAX event in July. Is that event on MotorSportReg or somewhere else? The CCRSCCA website events are pretty dated.

Do you mean 5 additional runs on top of what's already given?

That looks like a pretty fast layout too and the cones look so much more wider apart lol. The course I ran was so freaking narrow plus the visibility issue haha.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #10
Egon

Quote:
Yea, ZMAX is a bit of a trek for me. I've been keeping my MotorsportReg search to 120 miles max to be around 90 minute drive time. I will be in Gboro this weekend though for the Triad event. Depending on what's going on I'll see about the ZMAX event in July. Is that event on MotorSportReg or somewhere else? The CCRSCCA website events are pretty dated.

Do you mean 5 additional runs on top of what's already given?

That looks like a pretty fast layout too and the cones look so much more wider apart lol. The course I ran was so freaking narrow plus the visibility issue haha.
CCR-SCCA does everything though their Facebook page now, https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ the website as you have noticed is a little out of date. Events are usually up on MotorSportReg a few weeks before the event so it will probably go up sometime next week if you want to sign up. (I highly recommend it!)

Novices will get 5 runs total, but if things aren't running late by finishing time there may be "Fun Runs" for $1 each.

The courses at zMax are a good bit faster and longer than I have seen at other locations just due to the openness of the venue. The course they set up for you at Danville is what I call a "Miata" course for smaller and nimbler cars. That makes it especially challenging for newer drivers in bigger cars like the Camaro. (5th and 6th gen alike) You will feel like you have more breathing room at zMax and you may be more confident in pushing the car a bit harder.

We usually have 4 core guys in FS at each event (2 S197s an M3 and my 5th Gen) plus a few others that travel here just because of the facilities and a reputation for good course layouts. We had 7 cars registered for FS this weekend as well as 3 other Camaro's signed up as novices, one of them was a 6th Gen SS like yours. You can usually expect to hit 60mph if not higher most of the time and each lap will be around 65-80 seconds depending on your skill level. We also have a lot of guys that have been to nationals that will be more than happy to help instruct you.

Let me know if you are thinking of going. I will try and save a good parking spot for you and get you a ride with me or some of the other FS guys if you want. Hope to see you there!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #11
AdvanSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
CCR-SCCA does everything though their Facebook page now, https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ the website as you have noticed is a little out of date. Events are usually up on MotorSportReg a few weeks before the event so it will probably go up sometime next week if you want to sign up. (I highly recommend it!)

Novices will get 5 runs total, but if things aren't running late by finishing time there may be "Fun Runs" for $1 each.

The courses at zMax are a good bit faster and longer than I have seen at other locations just due to the openness of the venue. The course they set up for you at Danville is what I call a "Miata" course for smaller and nimbler cars. That makes it especially challenging for newer drivers in bigger cars like the Camaro. (5th and 6th gen alike) You will feel like you have more breathing room at zMax and you may be more confident in pushing the car a bit harder.

We usually have 4 core guys in FS at each event (2 S197s an M3 and my 5th Gen) plus a few others that travel here just because of the facilities and a reputation for good course layouts. We had 7 cars registered for FS this weekend as well as 3 other Camaro's signed up as novices, one of them was a 6th Gen SS like yours. You can usually expect to hit 60mph if not higher most of the time and each lap will be around 65-80 seconds depending on your skill level. We also have a lot of guys that have been to nationals that will be more than happy to help instruct you.

Let me know if you are thinking of going. I will try and save a good parking spot for you and get you a ride with me or some of the other FS guys if you want. Hope to see you there!

I'll hit you up via PM if I decide to register... Which I may... Are you a salesman?

I'll keep a look out on MotorSportsReg and I did join the group, but seen nothing posted for the July event yet.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
Egon

Quote:
I'll hit you up via PM if I decide to register... Which I may... Are you a salesman?

I'll keep a look out on MotorSportsReg and I did join the group, but seen nothing posted for the July event yet.
They just posted the event up on Facebook today. https://www.facebook.com/events/1631109793800227/ And here is the link to sign up over on MotorSportsReg http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...tocross-811631 Hope you can make it!