Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Zl1 Style Tail lights

I’d like to get rid of the red tail lights on my 2018 SS and replace them with the Zl1 style ones, but the OEM ones are ridiculously priced! I’ve seen a few non-OEM ones on eBay and Amazon for about half the price but I’m not sure of the quality. I don’t want to just put a vinyl sticker over them or a darkened lens. I want the more clear look that the OEM ones give. And, I don’t want any of the ones with crazy sequential turn signals. There’s a set of them on Amazon by a company called Atoplite for $298. They look good and the reviews are good, except they appear to be less bright. Anyone buy aftermarket non-OEM tail lights that look like OEM and work well?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
caSStro18

These are the ones I saw on Amazon.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
While I can't directly speak to your question, I DO agree with not using tint or decals, not going sequential, etc. etc.... I picked up my smoked/ZL1 tails off craigslist. Used Searchtempest to look nationwide, and found 'em up in Ohio. Got 'em for about $350, and they're flawless. Most buyers/sellers understand Paypal, and it does really protect you as the buyer especially. At the time, there were 3 sets. 1 was brand new and never used, one was really cheap and functioned, but had a lot of wear and scratches, and then the set I got.

Not a TON of them out there, but they come and go. Patience is a virtue!
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
https://wildhammermotorsports.com/ca...eneral-motors/

Wildhammer. Sponsor and great customer service. Don't forget the third tail light. OEM is worth it and he may offer a deal.

Last edited by Chris C 1SS 1LE; 12-01-2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Info
Chris C 1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C 1SS 1LE View Post
https://wildhammermotorsports.com/ca...eneral-motors/

Wildhammer. Sponsor and great customer service. Don't forget the third tail light. OEM is worth it and he may offer a deal.
I’m sure that’s a good price, and I know OEM is the best way to go, but it’s a little out of my budget right now. I can’t believe how much they’ve gone up in price just in the last several months. I thought they used to be closer to $400-450 at one point, but I could be mistaken.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
I’m sure that’s a good price, and I know OEM is the best way to go, but it’s a little out of my budget right now. I can’t believe how much they’ve gone up in price just in the last several months. I thought they used to be closer to $400-450 at one point, but I could be mistaken.
If you check the wild hammer site you’ll see the oem part was discontinued - I saw that the oem taillights are out of stock on a lot of sites at this point. I don’t know why GM would be discontinuing parts for cars that are only 3-4 years old but it does seem like they aren’t as available as they were 3 months ago
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
If you check the wild hammer site you’ll see the oem part was discontinued - I saw that the oem taillights are out of stock on a lot of sites at this point. I don’t know why GM would be discontinuing parts for cars that are only 3-4 years old but it does seem like they aren’t as available as they were 3 months ago
So it wasn't just my imagination! They were discontinued September 1st. Interesting. Well, that kinda sucks. Guess I either bite the bullet or take a chance on the $300 after market one on Amazon.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #8
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
When I was looking to get these lights it was difficult to find them. Because of this I pulled the trigger and placed the order. They’re not cheap but I didn’t want to miss out.

OP hopefully you get your lights. I see Phastek stil has them for the same price I paid in September.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561560

At the time Phastek had no stock on the third brake light and Wildhammer did. Looks like Wildhammer has two sets of the tail lights left. Shew!

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...tail-lamps.htm

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...eneral-motors/

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #9
Abubaca

I emailed a few places about buying these tail lights new from GM. Both Phastek and another GM parts warehouse told me the "discontinued" status was temporary due to the strike.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #10
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I emailed a few places about buying these tail lights new from GM. Both Phastek and another GM parts warehouse told me the "discontinued" status was temporary due to the strike.
That makes sense. Maybe I’ll wait and see if the prices go back down a little. It’s not like the red ones look really bad or anything. Just wanted to change the look up a bit. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
Abubaca

I actually like the red....but on Red Hot, they just get lost and the smoked/clear really breaks up the large rear profile.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #12
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I have the ones from Amazon. No problems, perfect fitment.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #13
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r View Post
I have the ones from Amazon. No problems, perfect fitment.
How’s the brightness? I saw that one reviewer said they were MUCH less bright than OEM.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #14
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
I had OEM on my first FIFTY and decided to go a different direction on this car. Half the price and I love them. GM can keep the ZL1 lights I like these ones better. Sequential, LED, and fit fine. Search Ebay

LED Clear Smoked Tail Lights For Chevrolet 2016 2017 Camaro Chevy Rear Lamps

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote