Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Anyone switch from a 6th gen camaro to ATS-V?

Does anyone have experience with switching from a 6th gen SS to an ATS-V or vice versa? Ive owned many F-bodies in the past (01 Camaro SS, 02 Z28, 99 WS6) and my previous vehicle was a 06 GTO. When I purchased my 6th gen I was actually looking at getting a 2016 SS sedan. It just happened to be during the seatbelt recall issue and there was a stop sale on them. I was hopping to get a 4 door car as it would have made things easier with having a child. I waited 2 months for the seatbelt issue to be resolved and it never happened so I bought the Camaro instead. I love the car but there seems to be some really good prices on low mile ATS-V's now. Saw one at barret jackson palm beach go for mid 30's with low miles and theres some locally at the 40k mark. Curious if anyone has any first hand experience and what the differences are between the two. Thanks
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
Michael2000

Drives: .
I don't have personal experience, but since they are on the same Alpha platform, they should some similar driving characteristics. It might be a bit of a shock going from a V8 to a V6.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:37 PM   #3
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I don't have personal experience, but since they are on the same Alpha platform, they should some similar driving characteristics. It might be a bit of a shock going from a V8 to a V6.
They make 464hp and 445tq ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
If you need a 4 door car similar to the Camaro that’s what I would get. Either the SS or that.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:02 AM   #5
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
The ATS-V gets a lot of hate because it has a horrible cockpit for such a top tier trim from a "luxury" brand. It has the same hollow plastic center stack the Cadillac Equinox (XT5/SRX) has and the instrument cluster looks like it could've come out of a Colorado pickup. The performance is real and the looks aren't bad. If you wait 6 months for the CT5 to be unveiled and the firesale on CTS/ATS models to start, you'll be looking at a new one for 10-12k off.

Cadillac is already sending out 10k off coupons to current Escalade leasees because they are trying to closeout that inventory before they announce that replacement as well.

I wish GM would scrap the Impala (good car, but poor equipment across trim levels) and do a SS sedan replacement to fill the void from both. If they give it broad appeal styling that has a lean toward performance, they can get back government/LE sales and compete with the Charger.

With all the troubles I've had with my 6th gen, I'm seriously thinking of switching to something else and I'm pretty down on GM's latest design language across the board.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:53 AM   #6
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Hard to believe they scraped Gm/Holden Chevy SS its a great car that was reasonably priced.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:22 AM   #7
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfiles View Post
They make 464hp and 445tq ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
V8's sound a lot better, and are a lot smoother than a V6. You also are not dealing with turbo lag with the V8.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #8
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
Hard to believe they scraped Gm/Holden Chevy SS its a great car that was reasonably priced.
Because automakers dont want to produce car in Australia anymore because of highly labor with tax cost.
Plus, buyers just want SUVs over than cars.

GM has made mistake for SS was that only V8 version.
It wasn't like Pontiac G8 before Pontiac was gone.

ATS sedan will be discounting, and JDN has leaved Cadillac.
I think GM would only focus trucks and SUVs
Old 05-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #9
45LongColt

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
I went the other way... from a CTS-V to the ZL1. I loved the V though, never had a single issue with it and it was a beautiful car with way more appointments and upgrades over the ZL1.

45LongColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #10
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Souces tell Reuters, there’s a specific list of cars up for consideration to be terminated. Those cars are the Chevy Impala, Chevy Sonic, Chevy Volt, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac CT6, and Cadillac XTS.

The surprise here is the Chevy Volt, which, while not a huge commercial success, revolutionized the green car industry. While other automakers are scrambling to come up with more plug-in hybrids and EVs, it would seem counter-intuitive for Chevy to give the Volt the ax. We can’t help but wonder how successful the Volt would be if it was a little taller and morphed into a compact crossover—and neither can GM, apparently, as the Reuters report suggests the Volt could be replaced with a cute 'ute in the next few years

The Hamtramck plant in Detroit, which produces the LaCrosse, CT6, Impala, and Volt, could be in big trouble. In the first half of 2017, that plant has produced fewer than 35,000 cars—down 32 percent from last year. For reference, the average GM factory cranks out 200,000-300,000 vehicles per year.

The threat to the Buick LaCrosse isn't a big surprise. Likewise, we can’t say we would be surprised if Chevy hit the point of having more crossovers than cars in their lineup—but it would be sad to see cars like the vastly-improved Volt and Impala go. As for Cadillac, the end of the CT6 would be another signal of the impending death of the full-size American luxury sedan, and that’s a damn shame.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #11
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Souces tell Reuters, there’s a specific list of cars up for consideration to be terminated. Those cars are the Chevy Impala, Chevy Sonic, Chevy Volt, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac CT6, and Cadillac XTS.

The surprise here is the Chevy Volt, which, while not a huge commercial success, revolutionized the green car industry. While other automakers are scrambling to come up with more plug-in hybrids and EVs, it would seem counter-intuitive for Chevy to give the Volt the ax. We can’t help but wonder how successful the Volt would be if it was a little taller and morphed into a compact crossover—and neither can GM, apparently, as the Reuters report suggests the Volt could be replaced with a cute 'ute in the next few years

The Hamtramck plant in Detroit, which produces the LaCrosse, CT6, Impala, and Volt, could be in big trouble. In the first half of 2017, that plant has produced fewer than 35,000 cars—down 32 percent from last year. For reference, the average GM factory cranks out 200,000-300,000 vehicles per year.

The threat to the Buick LaCrosse isn't a big surprise. Likewise, we can’t say we would be surprised if Chevy hit the point of having more crossovers than cars in their lineup—but it would be sad to see cars like the vastly-improved Volt and Impala go. As for Cadillac, the end of the CT6 would be another signal of the impending death of the full-size American luxury sedan, and that’s a damn shame.
It's really too bad. I do like my wife's Buick Enclave, but I much prefer sedans to crossovers. It's a 2011 and still has a V6 which is nice. I can't stand crossovers with naturally aspirated inline 4. So much weight and so little power.

One vehicle that caught my eye a week ago is the Buick Regal TourX. I had no idea Buick was making a wagon and the thing is beautiful. We were driving through some local towns and I noticed it on a dealership lot. On our way back I wanted to take a closer look. It's a sharp looking wagon IMO.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/buick...t-test-review/
Old 05-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #12
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
The ATS-V gets a lot of hate because it has a horrible cockpit for such a top tier trim from a "luxury" brand. It has the same hollow plastic center stack the Cadillac Equinox (XT5/SRX) has and the instrument cluster looks like it could've come out of a Colorado pickup. The performance is real and the looks aren't bad. If you wait 6 months for the CT5 to be unveiled and the firesale on CTS/ATS models to start, you'll be looking at a new one for 10-12k off.

Cadillac is already sending out 10k off coupons to current Escalade leasees because they are trying to closeout that inventory before they announce that replacement as well.

I wish GM would scrap the Impala (good car, but poor equipment across trim levels) and do a SS sedan replacement to fill the void from both. If they give it broad appeal styling that has a lean toward performance, they can get back government/LE sales and compete with the Charger.

With all the troubles I've had with my 6th gen, I'm seriously thinking of switching to something else and I'm pretty down on GM's latest design language across the board.
Is the interior any worse then the Camaro? I have a 2SS and from what I’ve seen the ats-v come with all the equipment the Camaro has and more. I would assume the quality would be at least equal to it? I’m more interested in the driving dynamics of the car. That’s my favorite part about the 6th gen Camaro. I don’t want to down grade the experience just to get 4 doors.
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote