Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Camaro or Corvette?
2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE 41 49.40%
2016 Corvette 1LT Z51 42 50.60%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
erickangulo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
New 2017 Camaro 1SS/1LE vs. Used 2016 Corvette Z51 1LT

Gonna be in the market for a sports car soon and I'm trying to gather as much information for research as possible. Budget is $40-45k. At first, I was pretty dead set on the C7, but peeps on the Camaro5 forums proposed the Gen6 1LE. Would anyone please chime in with their arguments for and against either of the cars? Thank you very much!!!
erickangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
More info. You got kids need rear seats? Do you track. etc etc.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'm not sure what all there is to really consider I'm pretty sure that the 1SS 1LE will beat the Z51 on a track. The 1SS 1LE has beaten the C7 stingray on Laguna Seca for example by like a half second.

Source : http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

I'm not familiar enough with the other features to speak on them but I'm assuming the 1LE has more room in the car etc.?

If you like the look of the corvette that definitely cant be replaced but you also get a new car with warranty etc in the 1LE.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
I would go 1LE. I looked at corvettes and other cars as well. To compare it to the corvette. The camaro is bigger in a better way. Getting in and out will be easier, more roomy. The extra weight feels nicer on the road as well. Performance wise they are in the same boat. We can nic nac all the little things, yes the 1LE is better suited for the track. But on regular roads you will have a similar experience.

So my advice between the two is pretty much the size. The looks will be your opinion. We're probably going to tell you the camaro looks better. I think the better front end is a no brainer, camaro wins that.

I guess another factor could be insurance cost. I don't know if there is a difference, or what the general difference is

the back seat...eh... It could carry a person back there if you really needed to. In my car, i would put a small/skinny person in the back, push the passenger all the way forward. But you're never going to fit someone behind the driver. Especially with a clutch, i need to be seated all the way back, there actually is zero gap between the back seat and the backrest of the driver seat
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:43 PM   #5
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
I would go 1LE. I looked at corvettes and other cars as well. To compare it to the corvette. The camaro is bigger in a better way. Getting in and out will be easier, more roomy. The extra weight feels nicer on the road as well. Performance wise they are in the same boat. We can nic nac all the little things, yes the 1LE is better suited for the track. But on regular roads you will have a similar experience.

So my advice between the two is pretty much the size. The looks will be your opinion. We're probably going to tell you the camaro looks better. I think the better front end is a no brainer, camaro wins that.

I guess another factor could be insurance cost. I don't know if there is a difference, or what the general difference is

the back seat...eh... It could carry a person back there if you really needed to. In my car, i would put a small/skinny person in the back, push the passenger all the way forward. But you're never going to fit someone behind the driver. Especially with a clutch, i need to be seated all the way back, there actually is zero gap between the back seat and the backrest of the driver seat
I second this as far as passenger space is concerned. You comfortably fit 1 driver and 1 passenger or 1 driver and 2 smaller passengers.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #7
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
1LE, it is a Camaro forum after all.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Moy View Post
More info. You got kids need rear seats? Do you track. etc etc.
I agree. OP only says he wants a "sports car." Why get a 1LE if you are not going to track it?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #9
erickangulo

No kids, but I would like to track some day. With the Camaro I'd have a warranty, which is a HUGE plus. But I've heard that the Z51 still beats it in some good ways. Also, I saw the new Recaro's offered in the Gen 6, and they look like cheap versions of the real ones. I just want maximum performance from a car; I don't care about heated seats or any of those things. Only reason I'm considering a 16 C7 is for CarPlay.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:08 PM   #10
dmj25

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS A8 Red Garnet NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickangulo View Post
No kids, but I would like to track some day. With the Camaro I'd have a warranty, which is a HUGE plus. But I've heard that the Z51 still beats it in some good ways. Also, I saw the new Recaro's offered in the Gen 6, and they look like cheap versions of the real ones. I just want maximum performance from a car; I don't care about heated seats or any of those things. Only reason I'm considering a 16 C7 is for CarPlay.
Cheap versions of the real ones??? The 1LE has REAL Recaro seats. The Camaro also has Apple car play if that is what you are referring to. As far as performance I would go for the 1LE. As others had said it is faster around the track than the Stingray.
dmj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #11
Rich S

Drives: corvette
I just came from a 16 Z51 into a 1LE. Both new, the Z51 for sure. Used Z51 vs new 1LE, get the Camaro
Rich S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #12
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
I recommend driving both see which car you like best. I like driving vettes, but I couldn't see living with one everyday. I already have a few garage queens, didn't need another one. If you change cars often.. the vette may hold it's value better.
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #13
erickangulo

Sorry, what I meant about the 16 Z51 is that I wouldn't get a 14 or a 15 because the electronics wouldn't be updated. Isn't the Stingray's lower weight an advantage in any kind of way? All I'm saying about the Recaro's is that the Gen5's look way better.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2017, 12:41 AM   #14
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I much prefer the 1LE over the Z51 vette. 6gen recaros look ok and probably more comfortable but the 5th gen recaros do look mean.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote