Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-12-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Issue with Meth kit

Car is a 2010 Camaro with heads/cam/7675 and makes over 700rwhp on stock bottom end. I run anywhere between 8-15psi depending on the situation.

Kit has been working great all summer (only about 200 miles + 40 dyno pulls.

This morning I was getting ready to hit the dyno, and when I turned the key forward to upload a new tune, the car started spraying methanol full tilt (green LED lit up immediately) while the car was off. I just checked all connections/fuses and it looks good. I tested the 2 bar map that came with the kit and the green wire reads 2.36v with the key on (engine off and vacuum line open to atmosphere).

For some reason, the controller is saying go full tilt with the key on.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated as I want to hit the dyno one more time before the first snow (I live in MA).

I am waiting to hear back from Julio. My guess is the controller crapped out.

Thanks

Jon
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Car is a 2010 Camaro with heads/cam/7675 and makes over 700rwhp on stock bottom end. I run anywhere between 8-15psi depending on the situation.

Kit has been working great all summer (only about 200 miles + 40 dyno pulls.

This morning I was getting ready to hit the dyno, and when I turned the key forward to upload a new tune, the car started spraying methanol full tilt (green LED lit up immediately) while the car was off. I just checked all connections/fuses and it looks good. I tested the 2 bar map that came with the kit and the green wire reads 2.36v with the key on (engine off and vacuum line open to atmosphere).

For some reason, the controller is saying go full tilt with the key on.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated as I want to hit the dyno one more time before the first snow (I live in MA).

I am waiting to hear back from Julio. My guess is the controller crapped out.

Thanks

Jon
Who did the tune?
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Who did the tune?
I do my own tuning.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
RealQuick

So MAP reads 2.3 volts with key on, and turn on voltage at the controller is 3.4v, so it should not be spraying with the engine off. Gonna send the controller to Julio tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #5
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
If someone said they have only driven 200 miles and been down the track 40 times, I wouldnt bat an eye. But 40 dyno pulls? Thats crazy talk. lol

Hope you get it figured out soon.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
RealQuick

Lol. Yeah, 3 sessions, 40 pulls. The first two sessions I ended up with burnt plug wires. The last one went well, but airflow restriction prevent the numbers I anticipated. Was supposed to head back yesterday for a 4th session to get final numbers, but issues with the meth kit prevented that.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Call Julio and talk to him, he is a wealth of knowledge.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #8
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Call Julio and talk to him, he is a wealth of knowledge.
Yeah, he has been quick to reply to my emails. Quick diagnostics point to the controller going bad. Sucks since just bought it over last winter, and have hardly any use on it. I do understand that stuff happens though...
Old 11-14-2016, 10:51 AM   #9
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Yeah, he has been quick to reply to my emails. Quick diagnostics point to the controller going bad. Sucks since just bought it over last winter, and have hardly any use on it. I do understand that stuff happens though...
Yea, I know the feeling, Since I have installed mine, I have replaced the tank cap, and installed a new meth pump. The tank cap was never perfect to start with, and was super tight, I needed to pry it off to fill. Then one day It just broke. That was like 6 months after I got it all installed. The pump I attribute to the car sitting for a year, but who knows. All I know is the mileage I have on the kit is low like you, and like you I have had to replace parts.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #10
SDTWDirect

Drives: Highly Modified
I might have missed it, but out of curiosity, which kit or controller are you using? At least your bench test on the 2bar MAP is showing correct. If you disconnect any load input to the controller, does it stop spraying with the key switched to the on position?

-AL of SDTW Direct
SDTWDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #11
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTWDirect View Post
I might have missed it, but out of curiosity, which kit or controller are you using? At least your bench test on the 2bar MAP is showing correct. If you disconnect any load input to the controller, does it stop spraying with the key switched to the on position?

-AL of SDTW Direct
I am using the Alky Control Kit from Julio with their progressive controller. It is driven off of the MAP signal. When I unplug the MAP sensor, its stops spraying.