Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-06-2022, 08:33 AM   #11453
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
$72 fill up. Christ. This is gonna not be fun.
i have thought about this a lot. maybe when you guys start selling your cars i can pick up a used ZL1 at a reasonable price. hard to say given the current market.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #11454
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Loves Park IL.. Windsor Auto Sales...

That's new car Zl1 price for a 4 year old car... I get I only live once, but... not sure that is enough for me to pull the trigger.
I figured it was that one! That’s a close to 80 car new isn’t it? There are others out there more $$ with way more miles, that one looks mint! Think of it this way, if you sell your SS now you’re going to get a premium, so paying extra for the Z is kind of a wash.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:52 AM   #11455
KaMaRow
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to KaMaRow Send a message via AIM to KaMaRow Send a message via Yahoo to KaMaRow Send a message via Skype™ to KaMaRow
Quote:
Loves Park IL.. Windsor Auto Sales...

That's new car Zl1 price for a 4 year old car... I get I only live once, but... not sure that is enough for me to pull the trigger.
Just keep looking and hounding dealers. I personally feel people depend on the internet to much and phone calls. I actually go into dealers often and bug them personally. doing so I walked into a dealer 2 weeks ago found out they had a new cherry zl1 coming that none knew about so was not spoken for. I bought at msrp and it will be here Thursday. if you see a car on the internet so has 400 other people. you got to get out knock on dealer doors and find the ones people dont know are coming if you want a chance at one. plus if you are right there in the dealer personally and not on a phone they will work with ya because to are a warm body that is present.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:56 AM   #11456
KaMaRow
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to KaMaRow Send a message via AIM to KaMaRow Send a message via Yahoo to KaMaRow Send a message via Skype™ to KaMaRow
Quote:
people pick on my bmw supra LOL but its a snappy car that gets 35 mpg so ill be driving her for a bit.. my luck i just found and bought a new zl1 at msrp and will be here next week just in time for 6 dollar a gallon gas hurray glad i have other car to fall back on. looks like my 500 mile break in will take a few months LOL
Old 03-06-2022, 11:08 AM   #11457
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
I figured it was that one! That’s a close to 80 car new isn’t it? There are others out there more $$ with way more miles, that one looks mint! Think of it this way, if you sell your SS now you’re going to get a premium, so paying extra for the Z is kind of a wash.
No.. .They are about $68k'ish New.... (That is with the Gas Guzzler Tax) They want $66 for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
Just keep looking and hounding dealers. I personally feel people depend on the internet to much and phone calls. I actually go into dealers often and bug them personally. doing so I walked into a dealer 2 weeks ago found out they had a new cherry zl1 coming that none knew about so was not spoken for. I bought at msrp and it will be here Thursday. if you see a car on the internet so has 400 other people. you got to get out knock on dealer doors and find the ones people dont know are coming if you want a chance at one. plus if you are right there in the dealer personally and not on a phone they will work with ya because to are a warm body that is present.
I did make them an offer and not to far off from what they are asking. I told them I'd give them $64 for it... They passed... I wanted to see if they would budge at all. Meet in the middle etc... but they were not budging. If they would have been willing to negotiate I would have went down there.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 11:12 AM   #11458
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
No.. .They are about $68k'ish New.... (That is with the Gas Guzzler Tax) They want $66 for that one.
Yeah I forgot it's a coupe. Last time I spec'd one on chevy.com it was high 70's but that was for a vert.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 11:29 AM   #11459
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Yeah I forgot it's a coupe. Last time I spec'd one on chevy.com it was high 70's but that was for a vert.
Yep... I just specked out a Red Cherry Tintcoat to get a comparison. If I was going to give that dealer $66 for that one, I'd just give the local dealer $68 for a new one.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:31 AM   #11460
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

Thats good advice right there!!

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #11461
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I'll try to put more E85 in today to dampen the hit...

I fill up as often as I can, which means just about every time I go out for a drive. Sure, I'm still paying the same but I avoid the sticker shock.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:00 PM   #11462
KaMaRow
Account Suspended

Quote:

I did make them an offer and not to far off from what they are asking. I told them I'd give them $64 for it... They passed... I wanted to see if they would budge at all. Meet in the middle etc... but they were not budging. If they would have been willing to negotiate I would have went down there.
see that is kinda my point i made. you were on the phone calling them the same as 300 other people who also saw the same car you did on the internet. they have no reason to deal because they get 20 calls a day same as yours. and people on the phone are not buying things or are not sales the same as a person front and center in the dealers ship. trust me if you are in the dealership with cash and ready to buy they will come down and work with you. always do when i go in. every single time i have ever CALLED a dealer they could care less and the answer is always no they wont budge. dealerships dont care about anyone on a phone you are not considered a sale. when i was looking for my c8 I called and called and called the answer was always no they wont come down because the same c8 i saw on the internet so did 400 other people and 400 other people made the same call to them asking the same question. and you are gonna get the same answer.

I finally got my c8 buy getting off my back side and going out to dealers. only took me a few dealers and 2 days and i scored a c8 at msrp right off the floor. How... because it wasnt on the net for sale and no one was calling about it. a guy backed out of buying it just 30 mins before i got there and i bought it. this would have never happened from my living room on a phone in front of a computer. people have simple forgot how to shop and depend on internet and phones to much.

matter of fact its how i got my xbox x and ps5 as well. called and called and watched internet restocks.... nothing.... i finally took my own advice started driving around asking store to store.... scored both in one day from people not picking up their orders.. again would not have happened using internet and phone.

long story somewhat short LOL. im telling you go down there be serious about buying it and you will get them to come down. turn the tables on them make them put some work into it. fill out paper work do a test drive get them involved in the deal and they will lower the price. same thing they do to you to get you to buy a car just flip the script. if you just waltz in and say right away hey lower the price well.... they probably aint gonna.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:39 PM   #11463
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
see that is kinda my point i made. you were on the phone calling them the same as 300 other people who also saw the same car you did on the internet. they have no reason to deal because they get 20 calls a day same as yours. and people on the phone are not buying things or are not sales the same as a person front and center in the dealers ship. trust me if you are in the dealership with cash and ready to buy they will come down and work with you. always do when i go in. every single time i have ever CALLED a dealer they could care less and the answer is always no they wont budge. dealerships dont care about anyone on a phone you are not considered a sale. when i was looking for my c8 I called and called and called the answer was always no they wont come down because the same c8 i saw on the internet so did 400 other people and 400 other people made the same call to them asking the same question. and you are gonna get the same answer.

I finally got my c8 buy getting off my back side and going out to dealers. only took me a few dealers and 2 days and i scored a c8 at msrp right off the floor. How... because it wasnt on the net for sale and no one was calling about it. a guy backed out of buying it just 30 mins before i got there and i bought it. this would have never happened from my living room on a phone in front of a computer. people have simple forgot how to shop and depend on internet and phones to much.

matter of fact its how i got my xbox x and ps5 as well. called and called and watched internet restocks.... nothing.... i finally took my own advice started driving around asking store to store.... scored both in one day from people not picking up their orders.. again would not have happened using internet and phone.

long story somewhat short LOL. im telling you go down there be serious about buying it and you will get them to come down. turn the tables on them make them put some work into it. fill out paper work do a test drive get them involved in the deal and they will lower the price. same thing they do to you to get you to buy a car just flip the script. if you just waltz in and say right away hey lower the price well.... they probably aint gonna.
That's the truth. That's how I lucked in my ZLE. I wasn't planning to buy, just wanted to see one since my LT1 was paid off. Walked in and they said it was about $90k, I saw the sticker for $76k. Said I'll take it for MSRP, it's not really what I want. I wanted a manual ZL1.

They said if we can find one will you buy, I said sure. They coudn't find a manual ZL1 within about 1500 miles. They didn't the whole let me talk to the manager thing and said they would sell the ZLE for MSRP. If I hadn't walked in and just been a yahoo on the phone, I don't think they would have been as willing to deal.

Just like you said, a person in the dealer is a potential sale vice a voice on the phone.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:49 PM   #11464
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactownbwoy View Post
That's the truth. That's how I lucked in my ZLE. I wasn't planning to buy, just wanted to see one since my LT1 was paid off. Walked in and they said it was about $90k, I saw the sticker for $76k. Said I'll take it for MSRP, it's not really what I want. I wanted a manual ZL1.

They said if we can find one will you buy, I said sure. They coudn't find a manual ZL1 within about 1500 miles. They didn't the whole let me talk to the manager thing and said they would sell the ZLE for MSRP. If I hadn't walked in and just been a yahoo on the phone, I don't think they would have been as willing to deal.

Just like you said, a person in the dealer is a potential sale vice a voice on the phone.
I mean everyone has their own way... but ya... I disagree. I bought my last I don't know how many vehicles negotiating via email or phone with no issues. Just bought my Harley CVO Street Glide from a dealer in New Mexico. I'm in WI... All via phone. They worked with me, negotiated with me. I wired them the cash and they shipped the bike. I'm not going to drive all over hell to see if dealers will negotiate. If there were some locally, sure I'd go down there, but I'm not traveling 6 hours round trip just to see. To each his own. The dealer said they weren't budging on the price because they will jack it up to $67k this spring and get it.
Old 03-06-2022, 01:05 PM   #11465
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
I mean everyone has their own way... but ya... I disagree. I bought my last I don't know how many vehicles negotiating via email or phone with no issues. Just bought my Harley CVO Street Glide from a dealer in New Mexico. I'm in WI... All via phone. They worked with me, negotiated with me. I wired them the cash and they shipped the bike. I'm not going to drive all over hell to see if dealers will negotiate. If there were some locally, sure I'd go down there, but I'm not traveling 6 hours round trip just to see. To each his own. The dealer said they weren't budging on the price because they will jack it up to $67k this spring and get it.
Yea I get that. I'm not driving all over the place either. This dealership happened to be on my way to my destination. I bought my Harley over the phone, and they were down the street from my house at the time less than a mile away lol. Even delivered it and picked up the scooters I was trading in.

In my experience, being in the dealership has been better for me. I would prefer doing everything via email or text. I hate talking on the phone or in person with people.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 07:06 PM   #11466
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I'll try to put more E85 in today to dampen the hit...
I put in 10 gallons of E85 @ $2.90 and filled the rest with 93 @ $4.60 a gallon. This saves about $17 per tank at these prices, but of course the car drinks more of the juice now.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote