Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #15
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
All of you got off better then me. I paid about 55 for the 2ss vert with no MRC everything else of course. I know I could have done better by driving up further North but I said screw it give me the car. A lot cheaper then my BMW was and I got more options.
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #16
jwdominick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
Can you share the numbers, that seems awfully low unless you're including trade in or down payment.
specifically? No trade involved, just purchased. Bought from dealer in Iowa.
jwdominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #17
O-Tag

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary Ed
SS or LT? Just curious. If you paid 39K for a SS then you probably have us all beat and I would implore you to share your negotiation skills.
O-Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #18
Rich S

Drives: corvette
Got my 1LE for $41,495 +tax. Sticker was $45,700
Rich S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #19
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cignul9 View Post
I got the same +MRC and paid $46k, so I think you nailed it.
Actually I am an idiot...Lol I got the magnetic ride control too...I was trying to remember the options included lol.

50th Anniversary
Sunroof
Automatic
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
All Weather Mats
Cargo

I think that's it.

Last edited by jcastag; 02-02-2017 at 06:08 PM.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #20
Dallace

Drives: Fifty
Talked them down to 38500.00. I didn't order it. had 55 miles on it. They wouldn't come down enough so I left them the manager called me right after I left and I got it for the price that I needed it to be. The finance person said the best apr he could get me was 6 percent. I told him I wasn't buying the car if I couldn't get 2 percent. Settled for 2.5. Put 5500 down financed 33000. You need to get what you want but in order to get a really good price you have to be able to walk away.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #21
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallace View Post
Talked them down to 38500.00. I didn't order it. had 55 miles on it. They wouldn't come down enough so I left them the manager called me right after I left and I got it for the price that I needed it to be. The finance person said the best apr he could get me was 6 percent. I told him I wasn't buying the car if I couldn't get 2 percent. Settled for 2.5. Put 5500 down financed 33000. You need to get what you want but in order to get a really good price you have to be able to walk away.

So true...
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #22
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
I love these threads . . . .

a good deal is paying the price you are willing to pay for what you are getting.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #23
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Hello,

Where I worked sales, I learned that the price people pay, or say they paid, has three angles; some say they paid more than they did (usually to inflate the esteem of an expensive purchase), others say they paid less than they did, (to establish a non-real fact of some artful sense of negotiation) and then there is the truth. What is not constant, or equivalent, is the cost of business in one local versus that of another even if they are just across town. Some places pay their staff better, have higher rent, or even litigation expenses from deals gone sideways, where other dealerships thrive on the lowest profit margins. Without having something in the bank, the latter type fail when the economy tanks (it's an ebb and flow thing); the results are that good people lose jobs. I have never minded paying a fair price, despite having above average negotiation skills. Dealerships need to make some money. That said, they don't need to rip people off in the process either.

When I did sales, I noticed that the hardest bargain drivers were also associated with being the most vocal and almost constant complainers. To protect the reputation of our dealership, we let them go elsewhere so when they did badmouth the shop, it wasn't about ours. Time is also another consideration that has input on the cost of the car. First sales of the new models are less flexible than downstream deals. Manufactures will also cut costs to keep from idling a factory (or throw rebates out etc.) but sometimes they do it to put more cars on the road which has the affect of selling more service and parts. It's always a good deal if one is happy with purchase and not so much if one is not pleased. In price comparisons, it's rarely an equivalence, regardless. To my method of thinking, once the deal is done, stop shopping.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #24
Dallace

Drives: Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post

a good deal is paying the price you are willing to pay for what you are getting.
This. And of coarse people are gonna lie cheat be rude and steal. But there are those that do tell the truth and don't do those things. And there are those that are in the right place at the right time.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2017, 11:03 PM   #25
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post

.....And yet you still read it....
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote