Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
Merlin

Drives: Very Shiny
Mini Review - ADAM'S TIRE & RUBBER CLEANER

I'm constantly trying out products looking for the best products for my detailing arsenal.
I'm new to the Adam's product line and as such picked up an assortment of Adam's items.

The first product I have put to the test (so far) is the ADAM'S TIRE & RUBBER CLEANER

I don't have any before/after pictures. I really had not planned on doing a mini-review.
What I can do (at this point) is describe my thoughts and results about using the product.

What I started with:
Four tires, fairly faded, possibly some type of "tire shine" but noting that stood out at me.

Anyway, here is a video (from Adam's) that describes the use and application process.

My Results:
The tires were "clean"! A lot of "brown" washed off and they tires looked very dull & flat.
Adam's Tire and Rubber cleaner left nothing behind except a very clean dull looking tire.
This was impressive. I do not know what "tire shine" was on the tires but it was GONE!
This left the tire sidewall surface wide open to apply any type of tire dressing or coating.

Short Version:
There is a lot of marketing hype regarding detailing products on the market.
If you're looking for a product to "clean" your tires, this stuff worked for me.
I will admit that I used about 1/3 of the bottle spraying and lightly scrubbing.
Nothing fancy and no hype. It just flat out did the job it promised on the label.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Merlinii, Thanks so much for the review, you did a great job!
I am glad our Tire & Rubber Cleaner performed well for you!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:24 AM   #3
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Nice to hear it worked so well for you. You should notice on subsequent uses you won't need to use near as much product since you pulled off the build up that was on the tire. Use of a low silicone type dressing will help to keep product from building up in the future. Something like Adam's VRT or Tire Shine would be great choices!
Old 01-01-2017, 10:32 PM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
This product worked great for me as well. I purchased a gallon after trying it out.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
You will go through the product with constant use, that's why picking up a gallon will save money. But if your not constantly cleaning tires then what you have is good for awhile. Nice job on the write up, been thinking about picking some up later this year.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:22 AM   #6
Merlin

Drives: Very Shiny
I did another car today with the ADAM'S TIRE & RUBBER CLEANER

1. Sprayed cleaner on the sidewall rubber.
2. Used a nylon bristle wheel scrub brush
3. Rinsed sidewall with hose

I'm liking this tire cleaner. It's simple. It works & it leaves dull, clean rubber.

This time I followed with Adams VRT Tire and Trim Dressing
Using the ADAM'S Pro Tire Hex Grip Applicator (My new fav)

I like to look of VRT. I has a nice satin shine without looking like a glazed doughnut.
I'm very impressed with the applicator. It keeps the dressing away from your hand.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Great job Merlin!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote