Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-31-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Merlin

Drives: Very Shiny
REVIEW: Carpro Essence Plus

My personal experience...

I have a client that I installed CQuartz FINEST on his vehicle about a year and a half ago.
He brought the vehicle in to me today. The CQF coating was "flat" (no beading/sheeting).
There were swirls, minimal in some places and lots of noticeable swirls in other areas.

Marketing...
Essence Plus is a non abrasive top coat jeweler that adds gloss and repairs fine swirls on a coated vehicle.

I told the client Essence PLUS is supposed to repair the swirls and not remove the coating.
I let him know that I have not tried Essence PLUS yet, but I'd like to try it on his vehicle.
He stated that I could give it a try. He left it up to me to do what I thought was best.

SIDE NOTE: This is the third vehicle I done for him. He is a very picky post inspection client.

My first time REAL WORLD use...
After I polished a panel and the swirls were gone, I thought to myself what do I need to do now?
Nothing!!! Once around the vehicle with the machine. Swirls gone! LSP done! (It felt like cheating)

Application:
Rupes Bigfoot 21 w/5" Backing plate, a 5" Carpro Gloss pad & Essence PLUS (4 peas sized drops)
No down pressure on machine & slow speed. Let the product work. Wiped of with a BOA towel.
In a few cases it took 4-5 passes to completely "fill" the swirls. I was amazed. It truly works!
Wipe off was easy, almost like wiping off cream/butter. No dry spots that can give you grief.
Essence PLUS filled in 95%+ of the swirls. Very few areas needed any "touch up" or recoat.

No, that's not dust (below)...Essence Plus kicks up the gloss way up. The metallic really pops now!

The "Merlin Shot" (Gotta have the palm tree)

Another Side Note: I gave him a take home "Merlin's Magic Elixir" QD. (2oz EcH2o 10:1 & then I mixed in 2oz Reload)

Epilogue:
This is a review of a product I personally purchased and used on a repeat clients vehicle.
Essence+ can be machine applied with an ultra soft pad on both coated & non-coated paint.

When you "polish" paint you are abrading (removing) clear/paint to obtain a swirl free finish.
Essence+ is a "non-abrasive" product that repairs light swirls & adds gloss without removing paint.
OK, here is the unusual concept...You are doing fine swirl repair and Last Step Product (LSP) in one step!
All without leveling (compounding/polishing) the paint. The paint thickness before & after are exactly the same.

NOTE: Essence+ is a Last Step Product (LSP) product. You can not apply a coating on top of Essence+.
If you plan on applying a coating then I suggest using Essence as it contains a coating bonding primer.

(Yeah I know, before you mention it, the first vehicle I had to test Essence+ on was a FORD)

FINAL NOTE: I've probably gone through 1,000's of products. I only review products that work for me!
I have purchased tons of products that didn't live up to their marketing hype and I give them all away.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
onegoofydad

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Thanks Merlin. I am really liking this Car Pro stuff the more I see and hear about it.