Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-24-2022, 07:41 AM   #57
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmith881 View Post
There's more to "cost" than just the fuel. E85 isn't available everywhere. I'd have to drive significantly out of my way to fill up at the few places that offer it.

Suffice to say, I'm not going to consider it. I'd rather pay a bit more up front, have the power whenever I want it and the flexibility to fill up anywhere, anytime, without other considerations. I appreciate you having a differing opinion. To each their own.
No worries fair enough. Just surprised me is all.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 AM   #58
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Ya, more liking the Ft. Worth / Dallas Area myself. Visited there during Quakecon some years ago. Loved the area and drive around Dallas.
Dallas has nice infrastructure and roads, I miss that here in Houston. I lived in Dallas most of my life, and just don't like the people/culture or lack there of compared to Houston.

Of course not everyone is like this, but its a very pretentious place in my experience, I bet Forth Worth is better than where I grew up though.

I went to college in Denton, just north of Dallas. If I could find a job that pays what I get here I would move and live there the rest of my life.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:54 AM   #59
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Dallas has nice infrastructure and roads, I miss that here in Houston. I lived in Dallas most of my life, and just don't like the people/culture or lack there of compared to Houston.

Of course not everyone is like this, but its a very pretentious place in my experience, I bet Forth Worth is better than where I grew up though.

I went to college in Denton, just north of Dallas. If I could find a job that pays what I get here I would move and live there the rest of my life.
Ya, well with me working in IT, I need to be around the infrastructure more and/or job opportunities.

Circumstances prevent me from just jumping ship and moving there at this time, but, I plan to eventually.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:00 PM   #60
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Ya, well with me working in IT, I need to be around the infrastructure more and/or job opportunities.

Circumstances prevent me from just jumping ship and moving there at this time, but, I plan to eventually.
I've been with the same company for over 10 years now, looking for a job sounds like a nightmare haha.

That said, Texas > Michigan any day!
Old 06-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #61
TexasRed5.9

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

We moved to Houston when I was a kid in 1978, so that's where I grew up. I watched pastures where I used to ride my horse and work cattle in high school become neighborhoods and HEB's. I can wholeheartedly agree that the driving experience in H town sucks. The traffic sucks. The road quality sucks. The constant construction sucks. I can honestly say I don't remember a single time that I-45 south didn't have some kind of construction somewhere between downtown and Galveston. I moved away in 2017 and don't miss it. i do miss my friends, the beach, and HEB. Everything else y'all can keep. Now that we've completely hijacked this thread...
Old 06-24-2022, 07:32 PM   #62
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have the mods listed in my sig. My headers are Speed Engineering and are coated (locally). I had all listed installed in 2019 for ~ $1K if memory serves. The pro shop told me they went in easy. I asked them to tack the clamps after install and settle so they would not come loose. No issues what-so-ever since and I DD my car.

The one thing I splurged on was the Stainless Works axle back. Wanted to retain factory NPP operation and I wanted a nice deep tone. I've heard headers with stock NPP and found it too raspy for my taste. I also got the 3" mid/x-pipes with the headers and added 3" Kooks high flow cats. OP, if you don't have NPP, the sound may be just fine with stock muffler.

Parts - ~ $3500
Install - ~ $1000
Tune - ~ $800
Total - ~ $5300

Knock $1500 off for the SW NPP and your in your price range.

I'm going to agree with most about the E85, I use it exclusively but I do have a nearby Shell that sells it. I lose ~ 10% MPG but save ~ 30% $$ plus the extra power is a no brainer.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:11 PM   #63
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRed5.9 View Post
We moved to Houston when I was a kid in 1978, so that's where I grew up. I watched pastures where I used to ride my horse and work cattle in high school become neighborhoods and HEB's. I can wholeheartedly agree that the driving experience in H town sucks. The traffic sucks. The road quality sucks. The constant construction sucks. I can honestly say I don't remember a single time that I-45 south didn't have some kind of construction somewhere between downtown and Galveston. I moved away in 2017 and don't miss it. i do miss my friends, the beach, and HEB. Everything else y'all can keep. Now that we've completely hijacked this thread...
You wouldn't believe how bad the road work is right now. That said, life after COVID just seems different and traffic isn't as much an issue like it was for me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
I have the mods listed in my sig. My headers are Speed Engineering and are coated (locally). I had all listed installed in 2019 for ~ $1K if memory serves. The pro shop told me they went in easy. I asked them to tack the clamps after install and settle so they would not come loose. No issues what-so-ever since and I DD my car.

The one thing I splurged on was the Stainless Works axle back. Wanted to retain factory NPP operation and I wanted a nice deep tone. I've heard headers with stock NPP and found it too raspy for my taste. I also got the 3" mid/x-pipes with the headers and added 3" Kooks high flow cats. OP, if you don't have NPP, the sound may be just fine with stock muffler.

Parts - ~ $3500
Install - ~ $1000
Tune - ~ $800
Total - ~ $5300

Knock $1500 off for the SW NPP and your in your price range.

I'm going to agree with most about the E85, I use it exclusively but I do have a nearby Shell that sells it. I lose ~ 10% MPG but save ~ 30% $$ plus the extra power is a no brainer.
I have to agree with you on the raspy NPP. That will be one of my first mods I think.

Your build is a great bang for buck setup, would be perfect for the OP.