Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-29-2022, 08:07 AM   #1
ukester

Drives: 2016 z06
camaro inventory

Well I have been keeping track of new camaros on or soon to be on dealers lots and as of today seems to be well over 1300 cars. The question is when to buy as inventory increases prices should start to decrease, have not seen a decrease as of yet. With the turmoil in the world and gas prices increase and interest cost also increase seems like a perfect storm of discounts coming soon. The wildcard in all of this is 2023 price increases and availability of those cars. There is a video of a buyer trying to locate his new camaro in the gm lots and sure looks like a ton of them waiting to be shipped and parts but still a lot of them sitting in 2 different lots, there are only so many buyers so we will see. Your thoughts on prices and availability?

TIA
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:21 AM   #2
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Dealer by me has a new black/black ZL1 "In Transit" but selling under MSRP

And then you got this guy. '18 ZL1 $80k

Last edited by jamala00; 05-29-2022 at 08:41 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:36 AM   #3
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
No he doesn't. "In transit", more vaporware.
wavsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:41 AM   #4
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
No he doesn't. "In transit", more vaporware.
Ah. Didn't see the "In Transit". Fixed It
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:24 PM   #5
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Friend Looking for new 22

Friend in North MS got t-boned and totaled in 17 Garnet Red tintcoat 2SS. Trying to locate new '22 2SS, Cherry red 6 sp manual, performance exhaust but sunroof not needed. Cash buyer. Leads appreciated.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:53 PM   #6
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukester View Post
Well I have been keeping track of new camaros on or soon to be on dealers lots and as of today seems to be well over 1300 cars. The question is when to buy as inventory increases prices should start to decrease, have not seen a decrease as of yet. With the turmoil in the world and gas prices increase and interest cost also increase seems like a perfect storm of discounts coming soon. The wildcard in all of this is 2023 price increases and availability of those cars. There is a video of a buyer trying to locate his new camaro in the gm lots and sure looks like a ton of them waiting to be shipped and parts but still a lot of them sitting in 2 different lots, there are only so many buyers so we will see. Your thoughts on prices and availability?

TIA
Best time to buy one is in the fall from dealer in north where it snows. Camaros don’t sell in the winter and they want them gone before the snow flys
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:22 AM   #7
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
Best time to buy one is in the fall from dealer in north where it snows. Camaros don’t sell in the winter and they want them gone before the snow flys
Consequently, right now at the start of US summer is perhaps the worst time to buy new.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:33 AM   #8
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Consequently, right now at the start of US summer is perhaps the worst time to buy new.
$2000 price increase for 2023, plus interest rates are rising every 6 weeks or so, it's basically now or never for me
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:22 PM   #9
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
I called 2 different dealers with cars that were “in transit” and both already had deposits on them. Fwiw
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:27 PM   #10
Camden45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillysspeed View Post
I called 2 different dealers with cars that were “in transit” and both already had deposits on them. Fwiw
You know, I'd re-double back and call them and ask if they have anything else down the pipeline. I found an LT1, almost exactly how I would option one, that was coming in a couple weeks. It was not listed on any websites, neither theirs or chevrolet.com inventory. Therefore it was unspoken for, it still isn't spoken for I believe because everyone's just asking about visible inventory online.

Actually, I think that LT1 I found might be in a similar situation to my 1LE that suddenly disappeared off the internet today. Sales person and Chevy Chat doesn't know what happened or why it happened, but it's still moving along as normal
Old 05-31-2022, 11:31 PM   #11
wbcamaro6

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
You know, I'd re-double back and call them and ask if they have anything else down the pipeline. I found an LT1, almost exactly how I would option one, that was coming in a couple weeks. It was not listed on any websites, neither theirs or chevrolet.com inventory. Therefore it was unspoken for, it still isn't spoken for I believe because everyone's just asking about visible inventory online.

Actually, I think that LT1 I found might be in a similar situation to my 1LE that suddenly disappeared off the internet today. Sales person and Chevy Chat doesn't know what happened or why it happened, but it's still moving along as normal
Mine disappeared also, that’s weird…
Old 06-01-2022, 12:00 AM   #12
Camden45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbcamaro6 View Post
Mine disappeared also, that’s weird…
What was your ETA on your car before it disappeared?