Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 12-15-2021, 03:04 PM   #15
Tripwire1124

Drives: 2022 LT1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
What dont you like about the wheels? maybe I will buy them from you
The holes for the lugs are way too small for even small spline drive lugs to fit in. They work ok for now, but looking at options for replacement. If you want to try them I could work you out a deal, without the tires of course.

As far as the tires. I picked the et street ss because I wanted a tire I could drive to the track and back on, go on cruises and maybe do some street pulls. I've have the Rs and the SSs and oddly enough I've alway ran faster on the SSs even tho they are heavier.
Tripwire1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #16
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripwire1124 View Post
The holes for the lugs are way too small for even small spline drive lugs to fit in. They work ok for now, but looking at options for replacement. If you want to try them I could work you out a deal, without the tires of course.

As far as the tires. I picked the et street ss because I wanted a tire I could drive to the track and back on, go on cruises and maybe do some street pulls. I've have the Rs and the SSs and oddly enough I've alway ran faster on the SSs even tho they are heavier.
So the holes in the wheels are too small for the big studs? or the holes are too small for the big lug nuts? How does the wheel fit other wise . So the R's dont give you as good a 60ft time as the SS's?
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #17
lt4camaro

Quote:

Can you get some better pics of the rear wheel and tire set up, just on one side is ok, my direct email is don67gm@gmail.com
Old 02-12-2022, 09:08 AM   #18
Tripwire1124

Little update. Few weeks ago I have installed the LT2 intake manifold and E85 sensor. I have managed to activate the e85 sensor and verified it is working. Using stock flex timing tables and nothing else, it managed to shave almost a second off 60-130 times according to Dragy. Not too shabby for a knuckle head like me trying to learn Hptuners.

Since the nicer days are few and far between, I've decided to go ahead and purchase some TSP 2in headers. After which, I'm going to get GPI tuned. Still have a few months till the tracks open so hopefully this will make a great low 11 second car.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You probably meant 12.10 @ 116 Still a great time.
Doh!
Old 03-01-2022, 07:42 AM   #20
Tripwire1124

Alright, I've installed the headers and got the GPI tune done. Question for you guys,
At WOT, I'm not really seeing my MAP kpa go over 94kpa. With the rotofab and lt2, and now longtubes, is the stock throttle body really that restrictive? I haven't been totally sold in doing an lt5 throttle body, but if it alleviates 3-4kpa in the intake at WOT I'll bite.
Key on engine off, the sensor reads 98kpa. If I could get it within a percent or two I'd be tickled.
Also, did another dragy run after the tune and headers, and only still about 9.45 seconds 60-130. Was hoping for closer to 8s, but I guess we'll leave that to fine tuning/kpa situation.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2022, 07:27 AM   #21
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
how does the -kpa vs rpm- curve look? i recall mine starting to drop as early as 3500 rpm. it was high 93s/low 94s at the end of last year. also if you’re making pulls in negative da, i would expect that to show a larger restriction than what you’ll see 90% of the time.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:15 PM   #22
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Alright, I've installed the headers and got the GPI tune done. Question for you guys,
At WOT, I'm not really seeing my MAP kpa go over 94kpa. With the rotofab and lt2, and now longtubes, is the stock throttle body really that restrictive? I haven't been totally sold in doing an lt5 throttle body, but if it alleviates 3-4kpa in the intake at WOT I'll bite.
Key on engine off, the sensor reads 98kpa. If I could get it within a percent or two I'd be tickled.
Also, did another dragy run after the tune and headers, and only still about 9.45 seconds 60-130. Was hoping for closer to 8s, but I guess we'll leave that to fine tuning/kpa situation.
Did you aggressively port your LT2 manifold's throttle opening, opening it up beyond the o-ring like GPI seems to do? Because if it's still only sized for an 87mm throttle, then don't waste your money on a 95 with a restrictor plate IMO. The 95 only makes sense when it is NOT choked down as far as I'm concerned, since the whole point of buying one is less restriction.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #23
Tripwire1124

Its stock LT2 manifold, no porting at all, with stock unported TB. If i were to get the Lt5(or any 95mm) i would of course port the opening to match. I think you have to in order for the blade to open all the way correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
how does the -kpa vs rpm- curve look? i recall mine starting to drop as early as 3500 rpm. it was high 93s/low 94s at the end of last year. also if you’re making pulls in negative da, i would expect that to show a larger restriction than what you’ll see 90% of the time.
Here is a screenshot of a pull. In the begining it looks to be around 96, but then bounces between 93/94 at 5200 rpm and for the rest of the pull. I didnt consider that the DA would affect that.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2022, 08:36 PM   #24
Tripwire1124

Managed to figure out why the car didn't quite run like I thought it would.
It almost seemed like the car just got lazy up top. Which is why i was looking at the MAP kpa. But turns out, the car was shifting at 6700rpm. Which I thought was cool at first.
Being that I haven't got the transmission tuned I started to think how that would work. To my knowledge, the trans commands shifts at certain speeds and can only be changed when opening up the trans tuning. So how can it shift at 6700 rpm when that way over shoots the mph? It would do this in any Drive mode. Usually manually shift to the desired lowest gear then slap the shifter and let the computers do their thing. It would let the engine rev way out to 6700rpm then shift, catching the next gear at around ~5200rpm. Looked at a previous log i had done on my own (before GPI) and it would shift around 6400 rpm and catch the next gear at the same ~5200rpms. My conclusion was that from 6400rpm to 6700rpm the trans was in a weird limbo of shifting, which would explain why it felt like it fell off.
Took a look at the tune and the ONLY thing in the tune related to RPM was the fuel cutoff limits. I turned them down to factory setting of 6400rpm cutoff and for whatever reason the car reacted 100% better. Shifts were way firmer, crisper and it showed in the Dragy as well. Managed a new PB 60-130.
Not sure how the fuel Cutoff Limits affect the tuning on the car, but they certainly did.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2022, 07:46 PM   #25
Tripwire1124

Sunday was finally able to get to the dragstrip, although not in perfect weather.
DA was 2700-3000 feet through all 5 of the passes I made. Mods to date are, Rotofab, LT2/LT5, 2in TSP catless headers, factory NPP, E85 tune by GPI, and drag pack (305/45/17 ET street ss on C4 ZR1 17x9 and Jegs Skinneys with radials). Factory trans tune, full interior, sway bar removed.
First pass (left ticket) was the best. Left off idle with zero brake torque in touring mode.
Tried more passes adding timing, adding/subtracting fuel, but all of it made the car slower but only by tenths, fractions of MPH. Kudos to Ryan for the tune.
Next step is Streetcar Takeover in Indy this July and maybe Ill try to remove weight and run in a 130 mph class.
Overall super impressed and please with the setup.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2022, 08:04 PM   #26
lt4camaro

Quote:
Sunday was finally able to get to the dragstrip, although not in perfect weather.
DA was 2700-3000 feet through all 5 of the passes I made. Mods to date are, Rotofab, LT2/LT5, 2in TSP catless headers, factory NPP, E85 tune by GPI, and drag pack (305/45/17 ET street ss on C4 ZR1 17x9 and Jegs Skinneys with radials). Factory trans tune, full interior, sway bar removed.
First pass (left ticket) was the best. Left off idle with zero brake torque in touring mode.
Tried more passes adding timing, adding/subtracting fuel, but all of it made the car slower but only by tenths, fractions of MPH. Kudos to Ryan for the tune.
Next step is Streetcar Takeover in Indy this July and maybe Ill try to remove weight and run in a 130 mph class.
Overall super impressed and please with the setup.
Great passes for sure especially in that DA. Great 60ft times also. Which sway bar did you remove? the rear one?
Old 06-27-2022, 08:13 PM   #27
Tripwire1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Great passes for sure especially in that DA. Great 60ft times also. Which sway bar did you remove? the rear one?
Thanks! I had removed the front one and left the rear one alone.
I honestly couldn't believe I had done a 1.6 60 foot with this, as usually I'm horrible at the short end, but everything just worked. I'm sure the front sway bar being removed helped. I need more friends to take videos of launching so I can see exactly what was happening.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:22 PM   #28
lt4camaro

Quote:
Thanks! I had removed the front one and left the rear one alone.
I honestly couldn't believe I had done a 1.6 60 foot with this, as usually I'm horrible at the short end, but everything just worked. I'm sure the front sway bar being removed helped. I need more friends to take videos of launching so I can see exactly what was happening.
Great info for sure. I have my front bar off also, I just havent flat footed the car off idle yet. My 1 and only pass with my 305 45 17 MT et street R tires I was not sure how good the bite was going to be and was cautious and My 1.79 60 ft showed it.