Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-28-2022, 12:49 AM   #71
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Paul View Post
I own a Harley and didn't mean that much by that comment.
There's a reason the speedo only goes to 120.
Mine is an 08 FDXF S&S 117" w/heads done by George Bryce.
It's a little quicker than the average Harley but still no speed demon.
The Ninja was on the streets like this.
The 2000 ZX12R was the unrestricted model. They neutered them in 2001.
I had two stroke triples in the 70's, an 85GPZ900 and 89ZX10 prior to these.
It's a hard habit to quit.
Just going with the flow. Not taken too serious.
I had a 71 Honda 750. Not the sand cast, 70... In High School. Then in 75 I bought a Kawasaki 900. The Z1B. Hard to believe how fast that was at the time. 12 second 1/4 was a big deal then. Flexible flyer though. I had a friend with the 750 H1 triple. He had it bored to 850 running these chromed expansion chambers. We would trade bikes and I couldnt believe how fast that thing was. Vibrate? Throttle was an on off switch and between the front wheel 3 feet off the ground and your eyeballs vibrating in your head it was a real trip to ride. He used to do wheelies while standing on the seat.
We had a few fast boats in the 80s. Nothing meaner than a modified Merc from that era. Love the 2 strokes.
My Harley is an FL. Bags and all. Grocery getter. Bought it in late 05. Just did the cam adjusters.... But that turned into an S&S 100 kit with the cam chest all new. Still not broken in yet. The tune isnt quite right yet. Over fueling and braking up a bit on light throttle. Stock heads with a little work, new valves and stronger springs. Jury is still out until I get 1000 miles on it but while it accelerates nicely Im not going to be happy with the drivability if it sounds like crap trying to maintain the normal speeds I drive 99% of the time.
I can see why you might need the wheelie bars on the street... racing the grannies from stop light to stoplight in the Sunshine state!