Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #29
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
One of mine ripped off, so i took them both off.
"curb feelers"

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #30
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
These have two large impacts on the car...brake cooling and aero. They direct air out from under the car, helping to create an area of negative pressure under the car, pulling it downward.
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #31
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
And I think you are correct sir!It definately has something to do with what G.M. designers call=Air management-like it or not!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:25 AM   #32
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
If the ones that are on the car are only effective over 125 mph and the ones that come in the trunk for track use are designed for directing more air towards the inside of the front brake discs why not always drive with the track ones and keep your brakes cooler, since you will rarely ever be over 125 mph?
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #33
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2SS View Post
If the ones that are on the car are only effective over 125 mph and the ones that come in the trunk for track use are designed for directing more air towards the inside of the front brake discs why not always drive with the track ones and keep your brakes cooler, since you will rarely ever be over 125 mph?
You are confusing 2 different parts. There is the air Dam, and the (optional)
Longer brake "scoops". There are some downsides to running the Track scoops on the street. Refer to your manual.

There is a of incorrect info out there about both.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #34
Camaroguy555

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2016 1SS NPP 6MT MRC
My question is should I remove the front air dams at the track? They appear to block a lot of air flow to the "track brake deflectors", but I will most definitely be over 125 mph at the track.
Camaroguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #35
Modshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroguy555 View Post
My question is should I remove the front air dams at the track? They appear to block a lot of air flow to the "track brake deflectors", but I will most definitely be over 125 mph at the track.
Your owners manual says to remove them when the track brake deflectors are fitted.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:33 PM   #36
TurboVet

Drives: Corvette
My 1ss didn't come with them. Should it have?
TurboVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:44 AM   #37
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboVet View Post
My 1ss didn't come with them. Should it have?
My 2SS didn't come with them either. I like the look without them, but now I'm kind of wondering why mine didn't come with them on the car or in the trunk.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #38
Modshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
My 2SS didn't come with them either. I like the look without them, but now I'm kind of wondering why mine didn't come with them on the car or in the trunk.
Lousy (lazy) PDI process at your dealership....
Check that the rear lower arm suspension covers are in place also....I'm guessing they skipped them too..

Read: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442990
Old 02-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #39
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
I'm dumb. Can anyone help? I like the way these look, and I took mine off for winter, afraid they would rip off plowing snow. Now I'm ready to put them back on and I've misplaced the screws...

Does anyone know what these pieces are officially called? Maybe I can find a parts diagram or something online.

I want to buy the right screws w/ the proper thread pitch and diameter.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #40
DetCam

Drives: 2016 1SS (12/10/2016)
I apologize if this comes across as silly, but did you look in the holes that they came out of?

If you followed the instructions in the "Preparing for Track Use" paper, you are supposed to remove the deflectors before track use. After removing the screws, and then the deflectors, you put the screws back in the holes in the bottom of the car. I believe the screws actually do more than just hold the deflectors on, I think they hold a couple more pieces of the underside of your car together. Take a peek underneath, hopefully they are still in there.
DetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #41
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCam View Post
I apologize if this comes across as silly, but did you look in the holes that they came out of?

If you followed the instructions in the "Preparing for Track Use" paper, you are supposed to remove the deflectors before track use. After removing the screws, and then the deflectors, you put the screws back in the holes in the bottom of the car. I believe the screws actually do more than just hold the deflectors on, I think they hold a couple more pieces of the underside of your car together. Take a peek underneath, hopefully they are still in there.
Oh no, well no I didn't follow any instructions; I just went under there and unscrewed them. I definitely did not put the screws back in...

Actually, now that I'm typing this, I think I know where they are! I took the deflectors off when I swapped out my stocks for winter wheels/tires and I believe I put them in the box along with the lugs for my stock wheels. They're at my brothers house in his attic with my wheels.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #42
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
I have no issues leaving them on plus I'm actually careful when I enter and exit driveways.

Besides deflecting air there was instance where I could not avoid a piece of debris on the road. Thankfully because of the air deflector the object was pushed out and away instead of getting caught underneath my car and possibly causing damage.

I also feel that during heavy rain when you can't avoid driving through a fairy deep puddle the water is first pushed away from the tire by the deflectors. To me that equals a safer drive.

I like them because they actually DO serve the purpose of DEFLECTING and they look fine.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote