Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-17-2022, 01:59 PM   #29
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Indeed, not sure if they clear the codes, I thought they did but I don't remember.

I've had dealerships look at my car for an issue and say "We can't find anything wrong, let us just clear the code"

Then I bring it back to them with the same code, and they can't seem to find anything wrong.... AGAIN.

I hate dealerships with a passion, they border on scumbaggery as far as I'm concerned.

But I guess there's a difference when you pay cash for your car instead of financing it.
Yeah, I can appreciate the frustration with repeated trips and shoulder shrugs. What's even more frustrating is when the car does something wonky and it DOESN'T throw a CEL (meaning that it likely will never store any error codes that might be retrievable).

There's a lot of different levels of granularity in terms of a dealership's dealings with the public.

While working through a variety of quirky oddities and issues with my Camaro, I built a good relationship with the service manager at my local Chevy dealership. No respect (yet) for the sales side of the house, though.

I had a generally good experience buying a CPO Acura but the service department started an argument with me when I inquired about getting an item repaired claiming that I had broken it... Had to get the General Manager of the dealership involved for them to cover a $25 part on a $30k car...

It all comes down to the individuals.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:12 PM   #30
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It all comes down to the individuals.
Isn't that the truth? Just the other day I had a friend raving about what great service he got from a local GM dealer... the same one whose incompetent and slimy service department ruined my Camaro.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:13 PM   #31
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Most parts houses will clear the code. You can also get an ODB II bluetooth reader and an app on your phone, like Torque, and do it yourself. Don't know it Torque is on iPhone but there are other apps. The readers are available on Amazon for around $15.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:14 PM   #32
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Most parts houses will clear the code. You can also get an ODB II bluetooth reader and an app on your phone, like Torque, and do it yourself. Don't know it Torque is on iPhone but there are other apps. The readers are available on Amazon for around $15.
I'm wondering if that varies based on location? No parts stores in CT will clear the code...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #33
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
That is exactly what I have. Comes in very handy.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:26 AM   #34
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
I bought a Blue Driver code reader a couple of years ago. $79 on Amazon when they had Amazon deal day. I believe regular price is now $119.

Absolutely love it. It works with both Android and iPhone (I have Android).
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:17 PM   #35
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
If you own and know how to use ANY tools, you should own and know how to use a OBD2 code reader.
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:37 PM   #36
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFW View Post
It's all pretty easy to sum up.

1. People don't want to work. They all got used to the government paying for them to stay home.
2. The people that do want to work, can't afford to go because of gas prices.
A friend of mine used to use a mechanic on wheels. He had a box van with a hydraulic lift and air compressor. He'd meet you at Napa or Autozone and get everything done in the parking lot.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote