Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-31-2022, 06:40 PM   #1
ScoobtotheNoog

Drives: Where to begin...
Are Courtesy Deliveries a Thing?

I've known some dealers/manufacturers in the past have set up courtesy deliveries (local dealer takes delivery for an out of state dealer). Anyone know if Chevy dealers do? I'm buying from a dealer about 800 miles away, but the car is still sitting waiting for transport. Wondering if a courtesy delivery by my local dealer would be something worth asking about?
ScoobtotheNoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 07:29 PM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
This is most often done with Corvettes. Some will charge a PDI fee of $250-1000. If your Chevy dealer sells corvettes, ask them about courtesy delivery for your Camaro. Look around on the corvette forums for experiences/contact info.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:53 PM   #3
SC43

Drives: 2022 C8, 1965 Mustang, 2007 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobtotheNoog View Post
I've known some dealers/manufacturers in the past have set up courtesy deliveries (local dealer takes delivery for an out of state dealer). Anyone know if Chevy dealers do? I'm buying from a dealer about 800 miles away, but the car is still sitting waiting for transport. Wondering if a courtesy delivery by my local dealer would be something worth asking about?
Absolutely. But you need to specify who the CD dealer will be at the time your order is matched to an allocation. The only extra charge is whatever the CD charges. This is known as their courtesy delivery fee and the buyer pays it directly to them when taking delivery. They also get paid separately by Gm for the pdi and any lpo items they install. Whoever does the Vehicle registration depends on the state you’re in and the selling dealers process. For example I’m in Ca and 1 dealer had the CD handle all the registration ppwk but another selling dealer insisted on doing the ppwk themselves even tho they were out of state.

I’ve done 3 corvettes via courtesy delivery and all went well. Macmulkin, criswell and Ciocca do them depending on what state the buyer is in. I had the best experiences with MM. Ciocca not so much and never used Criswell. MM as of about a week ago was about a 6 month wait for an SS1LE. Any of these dealerships will have a CD dealer list with usually pre negotiated prices that they’ve worked with before.
SC43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:17 AM   #4
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC43 View Post
I’ve done 3 corvettes via courtesy delivery and all went well. Macmulkin, criswell and Ciocca do them depending on what state the buyer is in. I had the best experiences with MM. Ciocca not so much and never used Criswell. MM as of about a week ago was about a 6 month wait for an SS1LE. Any of these dealerships will have a CD dealer list with usually pre negotiated prices that they’ve worked with before.
That's actually great to know. Thanks for the info. Always hear good things about MM. Totally forgot about CD's.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:25 AM   #5
SC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
That's actually great to know. Thanks for the info. Always hear good things about MM. Totally forgot about CD's.
No problem. Might have to go that route on my order here soon if nothing pans out. So Cal really does suck lol
Old 06-01-2022, 02:24 AM   #6
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
No problem. Might have to go that route on my order here soon if nothing pans out. So Cal really does suck lol
What are you looking for
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #7
SC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
What are you looking for
An SS1LE. I have a local dealer placing an order for me at msrp, I should know how many allocations they have by tmrw. But if that ends up being a jack session I may look to do a CD. I was trying to find out who the biggest Camaro dealers are by volume but couldn’t locate that info anywhere
Old 06-01-2022, 11:58 AM   #8
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
My local dealer charges $500 for a cd.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:51 PM   #9
ScoobtotheNoog

Drives: Where to begin...
Thanks for all the feedback guy. So this is something the needs to be setup early on then? The car I'm buying from a dealer out of state is currently waiting on transport with a 6/30 ETA.
ScoobtotheNoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:35 PM   #10
SC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobtotheNoog View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guy. So this is something the needs to be setup early on then? The car I'm buying from a dealer out of state is currently waiting on transport with a 6/30 ETA.
Yes I’m pretty sure you would have had to get cd in place before 2000 status
Old 06-02-2022, 10:05 AM   #11
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
An SS1LE. I have a local dealer placing an order for me at msrp, I should know how many allocations they have by tmrw. But if that ends up being a jack session I may look to do a CD. I was trying to find out who the biggest Camaro dealers are by volume but couldn’t locate that info anywhere
I've been dealing with Criswell on my current order (should be here later this month!) and they have been good to work with, though I have also bought some cars from them in the past. I know they are a big Corvette dealer, but I imagine they do a fair amount of Camaros as well.

Koons Chevrolet in Tysons Corner VA was moving a A LOT of Camaros before the supply chain stuff got really bad last year. The sales manager told me they were attempting to become GMs Camaro sales leader, at least for the region. That's where my first Camaro came from in 2020, sales was great to work with but their service department was horrible. Based on that experience I wouldn't deal with them if they had the last Camaro in the world and wanted to sell it to me for $1.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote