#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-01-2022, 11:08 AM   #29
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
You are lucky if you are filtering that well, but I suspect most likely you are just venting everything out.
That's probably what is happening

For stock cars still under warranty, little question the Elite is superior, thanks for the vid and don't mind the angry curmudgeons
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:24 AM   #30
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Nothing to do with results not lining up with anyone. Promoting YouTube channels should not be allowed. OP chose a controversial subject which is certain to generate more hits.
If they're providing useful info why not let them promote? I don't think op was promoting at all but just posting his results for his testing on a stock Lt4.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #31
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
If they're providing useful info why not let them promote? I don't think op was promoting at all but just posting his results for his testing on a stock Lt4.
Then he succeeded in his mission with you. Innocently promote a YouTube channel with a controversial topic that will generate maximum hits.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #32
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Then he succeeded in his mission with you. Innocently promote a YouTube channel with a controversial topic that will generate maximum hits.
You keep saying controversial topic but his video has only 189 views and probably isn't making him any money. The only place where it's controversial is here because everybody seems to get their tits twisted over catch cans for some reason. Maybe Camaro6 needs to start paying people for some of these "controversial topics" that way the site will run smoother with all the traffic they bring and help keep the lights on around here.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #33
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
That's probably what is happening

For stock cars still under warranty, little question the Elite is superior, thanks for the vid and don't mind the angry curmudgeons
Thank you !!
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:55 AM   #34
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Agreed...and how even is the distribution to each cylinder?
I think this is the key issue that results in so many broken SBE LT1s... I'm not opposed to using water/meth but the guys relying on it for fueling support are playing with fire. Just my 2 cents. Direct port setups are a different story, obviously.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:04 PM   #35
v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
You keep saying controversial topic but his video has only 189 views and probably isn't making him any money. The only place where it's controversial is here because everybody seems to get their tits twisted over catch cans for some reason. Maybe Camaro6 needs to start paying people for some of these "controversial topics" that way the site will run smoother with all the traffic they bring and help keep the lights on around here.
Thanks for the support !!

You are 100% right a few hundred views is nothing on Youtube. I checked my analytics and I have earned a nickel, that’s right five (5) cents, and keep in mind that whole five cents did not come from here haha. The views will be dropping off in the next few weeks (how youtube works) so not sure if I'll get to a quarter, maybe, just maybe LOL

Thanks again
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Old 05-01-2022, 12:48 PM   #36
v8

Quote:

I applaud your efforts, but you are becoming destructive, and are not contributing to learning, or sharing here. I can’t figure out why you are so mad? I mean it's just a catch can, and your attacks are becoming personal. My evidence........

In post# 2 you wrote “and here we go” 1st indication you are not happy with the content

In post #10 you wrote “reasons why this video doesn’t jive with my own testing results…”

you are assuming your testing is correct, but you haven't tested a stock engine like I did. Your results of course would be different

In Post #15 you wrote “I expected a response like this. Not affiliated huh? BS” This was inappropriate, I'm not going to say anything here

In Post #22 you wrote “ your video just doesn’t really represent the truth either, I’m quite happy with the Mighty Mouse as well and everyone that runs one…….stop with the silly statement and promotion that Elite is the best”

This never occurred so I was wondering why you wrote this

In Post #26 you wrote “nothing to do with results not lining up with anyone. Promoting YouTube channels should not be allowed”

I get it, you are projecting your anger elsewhere now

In post #32 you wrote “ Then he succeeded in his mission with you. Innocently promote a YouTube channel with a controversial topic that will generate maximum hits”

You should not have written this as you obviously have no idea what my intentions are, and I hope you can see by my efforts towards you that I do care, and I'm not here for promotion. I have been on this forum for a long time and appreciate the ideas and information on it. Facts regarding enthusiast's interests should not be silenced.

If I was posting videos of me driving around vlogging, or just talking about my car which is essentially empty information then yes, that's promotion, as I would not be adding anything to the forum. I would never post videos like that as I'm not going to disrespect the mods. This is not that.

I have tried to engage you, but you are stuck in your ways without any real evidence, and you have disrespected me. I hope after reflection you can have an open mind. If I have been disrespectful towards you in any way please let me know, quote it, and I'll own up to it.

I'm sure there are many people reading this thread in the background who may be afraid to engage with the fear they may be bullied. Forum members should be feel free to come forward with questions on any topic. You would probably be a great resource, as you have a well built engine and some experiences in that area, but you are making yourself unapproachable to those who don't know you. Maybe you have your own little group, I don't know.

If you think about it, this thread has been a success, as there has been positive interaction between members, and that's what this forum is about. Enthusiasts sharing their ideas.

No hard feelings at all, and hope you are enjoying your weekend
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Old 05-01-2022, 12:55 PM   #37
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
I applaud your efforts, but you are becoming destructive, and are not contributing to learning, or sharing here. I can’t figure out why you are so mad? I mean it's just a catch can, and your attacks are becoming personal. My evidence........

In post# 2 you wrote “and here we go” 1st indication you are not happy with the content

In post #10 you wrote “reasons why this video doesn’t jive with my own testing results…”

you are assuming your testing is correct, but you haven't tested a stock engine like I did. Your results of course would be different

In Post #15 you wrote “I expected a response like this. Not affiliated huh? BS” This was inappropriate, I'm not going to say anything here

In Post #22 you wrote “ your video just doesn’t really represent the truth either, I’m quite happy with the Mighty Mouse as well and everyone that runs one…….stop with the silly statement and promotion that Elite is the best”

This never occurred so I was wondering why you wrote this

In Post #26 you wrote “nothing to do with results not lining up with anyone. Promoting YouTube channels should not be allowed”

I get it, you are projecting your anger elsewhere now

In post #32 you wrote “ Then he succeeded in his mission with you. Innocently promote a YouTube channel with a controversial topic that will generate maximum hits”

You should not have written this as you obviously have no idea what my intentions are, and I hope you can see by my efforts towards you that I do care, and I'm not here for promotion. I have been on this forum for a long time and appreciate the ideas and information on it. Facts regarding enthusiast's interests should not be silenced.

If I was posting videos of me driving around vlogging, or just talking about my car which is essentially empty information then yes, that's promotion, as I would not be adding anything to the forum. I would never post videos like that as I'm not going to disrespect the mods. This is not that.

I have tried to engage you, but you are stuck in your ways without any real evidence, and you have disrespected me. I hope after reflection you can have an open mind. If I have been disrespectful towards you in any way please let me know, quote it, and I'll own up to it.

I'm sure there are many people reading this thread in the background who may be afraid to engage with the fear they may be bullied. Forum members should be feel free to come forward with questions on any topic. You would probably be a great resource, as you have a well built engine and some experiences in that area, but you are making yourself unapproachable to those who don't know you. Maybe you have your own little group, I don't know.

If you think about it, this thread has been a success, as there has been positive interaction between members, and that's what this forum is about. Enthusiasts sharing their ideas.

No hard feelings at all, and hope you are enjoying your weekend

For a stock car both are perfectly fine. However i would never use their cans on a highly modded car. There's a reason to have the can vented, and that it only used when blowby becomes to high. Instead of blowing seals like the elite can, the MM will save you.

Go ask shops what cans they use.... I guarantee it wont be an elite can.

They'll also tell you about all the cars that had elite cans with blown seals.

There is more to it then just simply catching oil. Also, on a stock or slightly modded car the vent will never be used, you do realize its sealed under vacuum correct and only opens to vent if pressure becomes too much?

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:31 PM   #38
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
For a stock car both are perfectly fine. However i would never use their cans on a highly modded car.
Elite makes a much larger "ultra" can for higher flow/hp applications, the challenge becomes where to fit it
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596538

Just venting the blowby is retarded. Separator volume must be based on flow, that's design 101

There are plenty of shops that use Elite cans so that's also wrong, and furthermore "x shop uses it" doesn't prove anything
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:53 PM   #39
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Elite makes a much larger "ultra" can for higher flow/hp applications, the challenge becomes where to fit it
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596538

Just venting the blowby is retarded. Separator volume must be based on flow, that's design 101

There are plenty of shops that use Elite cans so that's also wrong, and furthermore "x shop uses it" doesn't prove anything
LOL. The can is vented when it needs to vent. Why is this so hard for you to understand ??? Where do you actually think blowby goes?? It just vanishes into thin air under high boost?

I’ll tell you where it goes. It stays in the crankcase until in can be scavenged or until seals blow.

And yes it does matter what shops use because they have the experience, you don’t.

I don’t know of any shop on the east coast that installs elite cans.

Your hilarious man.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Old 05-01-2022, 03:07 PM   #40
v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
LOL. The can is vented when it needs to vent. Why is this so hard for you to understand ??? Where do you actually think blowby goes?? It just vanishes into thin air under high boost?

I’ll tell you where it goes. It stays in the crankcase until in can be scavenged or until seals blow.

Your hilarious man.
@ZX-10R gets it, he knows. He has actually been on the forum for some time and contributes. The MM venting is a different technique that is easy to employ. Not the greatest for the tree huggers, but buying a supercharged V8 does not resonate with a lot of environmentalists anyway. I realize the venting only occurs when you have positive pressure with the MM, and most of the time the can is under vacuum. I don't know why GM put those weak seals in our LT4, as we never had that problem with the LS engines.

My video was a stock engine, heck I don't even have a CAI on it. Once you decide to modify then things start changing a lot, and builders place different priorities on things. Like anything cost plays a major role. If guys truly wants the best for their cars at high horsepower, they could entertain a vacuum pump to ensure there is constant vacuum on the crankcase under all scenarios. It actually adds some power as well, but it's going to cost more than just a catch can.
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Old 05-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #41
Camaro1973

Quote:
@ZX-10R gets it, he knows. He has actually been on the forum for some time and contributes. The MM venting is a different technique that is easy to employ. Not the greatest for the tree huggers, but buying a supercharged V8 does not resonate with a lot of environmentalists anyway. I realize the venting only occurs when you have positive pressure with the MM, and most of the time the can is under vacuum. I don't know why GM put those weak seals in our LT4, as we never had that problem with the LS engines.

My video was a stock engine, heck I don't even have a CAI on it. Once you decide to modify then things start changing a lot, and builders place different priorities on things. Like anything cost plays a major role. If guys truly wants the best for their cars at high horsepower, they could entertain a vacuum pump to ensure there is constant vacuum on the crankcase under all scenarios. It actually adds some power as well, but it's going to cost more than just a catch can.
Ya he gets it. Sure he does. Just about the same as you promoting a product to get you tube clicks.

The mm mild can works exactly the same as your beloved Elite can, except it has a blow off for (just in case).

Anyway this has been brought up and rehashed a hundred times already.

Old 05-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #42
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If catch cans are soo important, how come I don't have one on any of my cars and they're all running fine? To each their own. But I thought these items were useless back in the 5th Gen days and I still think they're useless now. BTW, my 17 ZL1 is completely built, has over 33,000 miles, still on the stock oil pump, is now modded to 750+ RWHP, no catch can, and gets DD even in rain. Lol.

So yes, this is a controversial topic. No, there is no "best" this or that. All of the top catch cans do their job...even if that job is unnecessary and has no impact on anything. New brands are always gonna come out making grandiose claims that they're better than everything else. But it don't matter. Buy the one you like more or the one you get a great deal on or the one that installs easier or the one that drains better or the one offered in more colors or whatever. They're all the same.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catch can, elite engineering catch can, mightymouse