Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-18-2022, 02:52 PM   #15
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
So you are wanting the suspension bits? Are you tracking or hoping it will be worth more in the future? I contemplated the 1LE but read everywhere that if you're not tracking the car that the extra firm suspension may be difficult to live with unless the roads in your area are superb. I've taken mine through less than ideal roads and a little part of me dies with every clomp I hear. I figure with the 1LE setup, I would die of a heart attack within the year.
The car will be 90% on the track. I've owed a ZLE for 2 years and sold it for a great price looking to buy a 22MY in Rapid Blue. That, as it turns out was a mistake that is now haunting me.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:01 PM   #16
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
There’s a 21 on in Kijiji that just popped up in Ontario
Old 03-18-2022, 09:40 PM   #17
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
So you are wanting the suspension bits? Are you tracking or hoping it will be worth more in the future? I contemplated the 1LE but read everywhere that if you're not tracking the car that the extra firm suspension may be difficult to live with unless the roads in your area are superb. I've taken mine through less than ideal roads and a little part of me dies with every clomp I hear. I figure with the 1LE setup, I would die of a heart attack within the year.
The ZLE isn't bad on the road, BUT, you have to be someone who actually wants to feel the road. It is most definitely an acquired taste, AND you have to be willing to never be able to type or do anything on your phone while driving lol (which to be fair, is a good thing).
Will you feel bumps more, yes, will you tramline more, yes, but I have owned a regular ZL1 and it bored the living hell out of me, so I went back to a 5th gen Z/28 (which I also had before that ZL1, and I like the ride of WAY more than the regular ZL1), so I went with a ZLE, and its remarkably like the Z/28, although it is a bit noisier and you do feel the road even more since it doesn't have the rubber bushings.
My ZLE is my daily, and I'm in Tampa, which has both good and bad roads, and I absolutely love feeling the road more personally....you just can't beat the feel of the DSSV imo.

Former: 2014 Z/28 (red hot); 2017 ZL1 (auto/white); 2015 Z/28 (black); 2016 2SS (auto/hyper blue); 2012 2SS (45th anniversary/auto); 1994 Firehawk (auto/dark green); 2005 GTO (M6/blue on blue); 1999 Camaro SS (M6/pewter); 1994 Z/28 (auto/blue); 1991 Firebird (auto/red); 1988 IROC (auto/copper metallic); 1983 Camaro (auto/blue); 1981 Firebird (auto/maroon/350 Olds swap)....the list goes on...
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #18
Crushed 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Are you able to post the link? I took a look, but could not find her.

I'll PM you as well. Thanks
Old 03-19-2022, 06:13 PM   #19
Phil zl1

Drives: 2022 zl1
I am in Montreal and can tell you the problem is not just Canada. ILE is almost impossible to get .I got my 2022 Zl1 but had i ordered a 1LE i d still be waiting . Dont bother ordering one in the states .Better off seeing what happens with a 2023 model at this point . Chip shortage and holds on carbon fiber spoiler are some of the reasons they are held back.
Phil zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:26 PM   #20
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
The car will be 90% on the track. I've owed a ZLE for 2 years and sold it for a great price looking to buy a 22MY in Rapid Blue. That, as it turns out was a mistake that is now haunting me.

If you sold it for a great price, and can get one at a really great price, maybe not such a bad move. Sometimes you have to set emotion aside and make a pragmatic decision. I really thought I was going to keep my SS Sedan until the wheels fell off. When I read all the news about the Cadillac CT5 Blackwing, I really contemplated getting one. The $100K price tag wasn't for me. The Camaro shared most of the performance bits with not so much of the price tag. Seems like a good time to get the performance you want from ICE, before they really start to go extinct.

This article came across my news feed, and I read it with great interest. https://www.hotcars.com/things-we-lo...amaro-zl1/amp/ The sad part is that the ZL1 back then would be cheaper than today's ZL1 in today's dollars. Just keep your ZL1 in great shape for 50+ years and enjoy the returns.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #21
KaMaRow

Drives: 2022 ZL1
there are currently only 19 new Zl1 1LEs one chevy inventory web site. Most all of them say in transit or are marked up once you go to dealer site. but I guess wouldn't hurt to call. If this is truly the car you want its gonna be tough unless you are willing to pay up.

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...ckageCodes=A1Z
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:55 PM   #22
Crushed 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
I did find the listing. Looks like a dealership, but may be wrong. Hahahahaa $135K CAD. I get they are hard to get, but it's a Camaro for fracks sake! Plus it's an A10, which in my opinion makes it less 'worthy'. It's used and black (boring Imo).

There are 2 ZL1 1LEs in transit right now on the US that are quoting MSRP. That's a $100K CAD vehicle.

The market is annoying, confusing, frustrating, unreasonable and just hopeless. I'm perplexed that GM does not see the demand for this incredible vehicle, both n the US and Canada and start pushing production to meet the demand?
Old 03-20-2022, 09:54 PM   #23
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
There are a lot of things going on right now as we all know. GM is having supplier issues with the CF wing for the 1LE, PDR seems to be "dead" for now... also, the Camaro is not part of their "future." They are all in on the C8 platform and making a killing on that car.
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:43 PM   #24
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlok View Post
There are a lot of things going on right now as we all know. GM is having supplier issues with the CF wing for the 1LE, PDR seems to be "dead" for now... also, the Camaro is not part of their "future." They are all in on the C8 platform and making a killing on that car.
Constraints are affecting the C8 as well. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...wn-184081.html

I'm so glad that I got my ZL1 when I did. One suggestion I'd make to anyone looking at getting one, might want to time it just before or during the holiday season (Nov-Dec). I imagine that I may have been able to get my order put in because I ordered it in December, which under normal conditions is a brutal month for car sales.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:05 AM   #25
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
I did find the listing. Looks like a dealership, but may be wrong. Hahahahaa $135K CAD. I get they are hard to get, but it's a Camaro for fracks sake! Plus it's an A10, which in my opinion makes it less 'worthy'. It's used and black (boring Imo).

There are 2 ZL1 1LEs in transit right now on the US that are quoting MSRP. That's a $100K CAD vehicle.

The market is annoying, confusing, frustrating, unreasonable and just hopeless. I'm perplexed that GM does not see the demand for this incredible vehicle, both n the US and Canada and start pushing production to meet the demand?
Well the way I see it is you want something your not willing to pay for now. Your not going to get one for msrp in the US or here so you have to move on but what’s your alternative wait 5-7yrs for a Z06 C8? Well that’s 200k now and people will get more for them once there in their greedy hands. You could buy a 2019 ZR1 but the 2 for sale in Canada which are more appealing to your Color tastes are each used and over 200k.
Harsh reality is most are not going to get these cars from here on in, they are only going to go up in value just like the ZR1 did, GM will move on with the C8 platform and EV..Also you can’t buy a Mustang 500GT for 130k either actually GT 350 are close in price unfortunately. First world problems though good luck.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM   #26
gheorghe

Drives: 2006 BMW M3 2023 ZLE
Just an FYI, I placed my order for a ZLE back on August 2nd last year. This week, my dealer told me there is still no ETA but should I want to switch my other to a normal ZL1, LGR could build it this week.
Sucks but I'm keeping my fingers crossed my order still gets picked up for the 22MY.
gheorghe is offline   Reply With Quote