#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-25-2022, 09:10 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
I can't imagine the dealership having the title or MSO (if like motorcycles)in hand to even process the paperwork to produce a title in your name. I'd request a copy of the title or similar type of documentation in your name since they said it's 100% finalized they should be able to produce it.
MSO and invoice are sent when the car is built and marked ready for shipment. So, it's very common to have both of those before most cars ever arrive at the dealership. That's all the dealer needs to do everything required to sell and title a car that hasn't arrived yet.
GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:27 AM   #16
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
So when a dealer shows that a vehicle is in transit are already paying interest on a floor plan for that car or truck even though it may not be delivered for months. I looked at a truck at my dealer a couple months back that was built in March of 2021 but was delivered till December of 2021, it had been sitting in Fort Wayne Indiana since then waiting on parts which really means the Chip. The mice had eaten into the hood insulation and they hadn't even seen it yet because I looked at it right off the truck when it was unloaded. It had sit thru snow, ice, severe weather, heat in the 90s with the windows up the whole time in a muddy field. The truck had mud everywhere from them driving it thru a nasty field to load it on a truck to get it to the dealer. Would you want that truck, hell no. So I ordered a new 2022 refreshed that is supposed to be built March 14th, even if its built around that date I may not get it for 2 to 3 months. We'll see how it really works out. I got real lucky on my 2021 Ltz Silverado, been looking for months, seen all the shit in transit that never showed up. Was at the dealer and another customer had ordered this truck and go frustrated and cancelled the order right before the truck arrived, I happened to be at the dealer that day and my saleperson asked me if I be ok with a Ltz instead of a GMC Slt, I said hell yes I would and turned around looked out the dealer window and they'd already pulled it up for me to look at. I was detailed and ready to go so I bought it on the spot. Built on 8/8/21 and arrived on 8/18/2021. Didn't sit in a field or anything. Doubt I'll get the lucky on the 2022.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #17
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
So when a dealer shows that a vehicle is in transit are already paying interest on a floor plan for that car or truck even though it may not be delivered for months.

Not really. Dealers have a 30 day grace period on interest for in transit vehicles. If after 30 days the vehicle still hasn't arrived, then the dealer can apply for an interest credit.
GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:12 AM   #18
super_sxxy322

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler7508 View Post
Well I am probably not the only one but I made the mistake of buying a ZLE that showed to be in transit on Chevys website about a month ago. I was told by the dealer that it was built and due to be delivered 2/22. That obviously didn’t happen. I am sure it is sitting in Lansing waiting on some chips. I have bought a ton of cars in my day and can’t believe I did this but the dealer told
me that I had to finalize the purchase at time of contract so I did the finance package and signed the purchase agreement without doing my due diligence. Since signing the paperwork, I have learned more about the delays and the fact that Chevy has been showing cars “in transit” for months before they actually arrived. I told the dealer I wanted to cancel my contract but they said that wasn’t possible as the car was already titled in my name.
Anyone else been in the same situation and if so, how did the dealer handle it?
Chevy is screwing a lot of people at I would think is in danger of a class action suit for deceptive trade practices by advertising cars “in transit” that are actually sitting in a hold lot, outside in the snow for
Months . Sorry for the rant but I am not a happy consumer
Would love to hear from anyone who has dealt with the same situation
If the car hasn't hit their lot, it's more than likely they do not have the MCO. And cannot physically title the car to you. When I say 'likely', I mean it lightly... as some times the MCO does come a couple weeks before the car hits the lot. Ask for proof of the title. If they cannot produce it, threaten with a lawyer. Call the bank and tell them the dealer sold you a car fraudulently and they'll intervene as well. The lawyer trick usually does the job.

And unless it's a really slow dealership and the MV clerk has nothing else to do, I highly doubt they actually titled the car already. MV usually runs 2-3 weeks behind the deal date.
1/13 - TPW 1/31
2/9 - 3800 - BUILT!
3/2 - 4300
3/14 - 4B00
3/19 - per Chevy chat - finishing up final testing and approvals - dealership ETA 4/16/22
3/29 - 4200 - dealer ETA 4/23
4/5 - 5000 - but can't pick up for another week
4/16 - 6000 - Home Sweet Home
Daily driver... '23 Mazda CX5/Premium Plus (dealer demo)

Last edited by super_sxxy322; 02-25-2022 at 10:23 AM.
super_sxxy322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:06 AM   #19
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I could possibly kinda sorta see being OK with all of this but this point of making a payment on the loan is where I'd throw the BS flag.

When I ordered (and got out of) we agreed in principle and in writing on a deal but no contracts were signed, and just a 1K deposit. I would see the same thing with an intransit car but I can't believe that they sat through the business office and all that which occurs with a car they don't have and have no idea when it actually hits the lot.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:10 AM   #20
Phil zl1

Drives: 2022 zl1
Nothing is title in your name until it is delivered to you at the dealer. No exceptions. Total bullshit .
Phil zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:42 PM   #21
Butler7508

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Lingenfelter 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Class action lawsuit? Not likely. No one made you and anyone else purchase a car that was in transit.
thats the issue- its not in transit. Not unless someone is pushing it from Lansing Michigan- uphill. Look at Chevy's website and see how many ZL1's are showing as "in transit"- then come back and look at the list a month from now and see how many are still in transit.
Butler7508 is offline   Reply With Quote