Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2021, 10:20 PM   #57
Doc Oc

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
yeah. and when you want to floor it around on a dead sunday morning you can call your friend and borrow their car. or go on a trip to the dragon, or a car show, or the drag strip. totally worth a couple thousand dollars to be completely omitted from fun car ownership for a couple years...

but hey what do i know. my priorities never were in line, just ask my ex wife.
Years? This thing is temporary. And we're talking way more than a couple grand. 14 in my case. That's worth a summer off. Soon as production on everything winds back up y'all are gonna watch nearly 10k in value evaporate then kick yourselves.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:31 PM   #58
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
yeah. and when you want to floor it around on a dead sunday morning you can call your friend and borrow their car. or go on a trip to the dragon, or a car show, or the drag strip. totally worth a couple thousand dollars to be completely omitted from fun car ownership for a couple years...

but hey what do i know. my priorities never were in line, just ask my ex wife.
Sounds like something a person with no money would say. At the end of the day, it is simply a car and this is a market which we will probably never see again. I’ll take a brand new vehicle with more equity than many people have with their old car with no warranty, higher mileage, etc. Money is no object because I love the car so much, right? So throw it out and buy two more of them then. I’m not buying that logic.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:50 AM   #59
Monroe
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoLT1 View Post
Can we put all these posts into one thread and then put it somewhere that is really difficult to find ? I did not come here for investment advice, or opinions on what other cars to buy instead of the Camaro .

I enjoy reading some of them. Continue to post.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:23 AM   #60
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Wait a minute.............?

People sell Camaros?

Well people do..... Chevy doesn’t....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:28 AM   #61
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
I planned on being buried in my Camaro (a 1SS A8 with NPP)...even though, now that I had a great, reliable daily driver, and my finances were much better than they were in 2017, I was craving a new 2SS 6M with some extras. I just couldn’t justify selling a car with less than 5K miles and that I own outright. Then I saw the crazy prices people were being offered. I knew I may do ok if I sold my car, because it was in mint condition, and had crazy low miles. I gave it a shot and Vroom offered me $1000 more than I paid for it new in 2017! Now seemed like the perfect time for me to get what I really wanted: Sell my car for a profit, and take a huge chunk of change that I can put down on a new 2SS 6M as soon as they are being built again, and the prices come back to earth a bit. It will be a tough wait, whether it’s weeks or months, but it will be worth it. I’ll be back in a Camaro asap.

What if they stop building the camaro... if this last through summer and 2023 is actually last year... they may move it forward due to declining sales....

Old 05-22-2021, 02:39 AM   #62
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
The question is how long before bubble bursts? How big will the burst be? Also while others may not be in my situation, my car is like a weekend drug that I’m addicted to. I would miss it terribly.

If your car is worth 5k more than it will be 6-8 months from now and you sell it and go buy it for 5k less.

You’ll pay 2-3k in taxes plus all the fees from dealer and new tabs.... you might come out with 1-2k more.... for me unless I net 4k not worth missing a summer of driving...

Old 05-22-2021, 02:42 AM   #63
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Years? This thing is temporary. And we're talking way more than a couple grand. 14 in my case. That's worth a summer off. Soon as production on everything winds back up y'all are gonna watch nearly 10k in value evaporate then kick yourselves.

Your getting an offer of 14k more than you paid? Is it a ZL1? Cuz if not your offer is significantly higher than what most have been posting.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:51 AM   #64
Chevelle vs Camaro

No more "Selling my Camaro " posts !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Sounds like something a person with no money would say. At the end of the day, it is simply a car and this is a market which we will probably never see again. I’ll take a brand new vehicle with more equity than many people have with their old car with no warranty, higher mileage, etc. Money is no object because I love the car so much, right? So throw it out and buy two more of them then. I’m not buying that logic.

Sounds like something a person who’s not a driver would say. Not meant disrespectful but to some it’s not about the car or money. It’s about the drive....to you it is simply a car.... for others driving is like vacations, music, sports to others.... or in your case money youd take it over the experience of driving.

As i stated before.... with all the taxes and fees if your not getting $6500 plus you wont be coming out with much more. Is a couple grand worth missing a summer of driving.

Some people it is some it isn’t.

You projecting what you would do on someone else is silly. You go enjoy your looking at money we will go enjoy the drive.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:42 AM   #65
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
statements like this simply confirm my thought that this is a forum comprised primarily of owners, not enthusiasts.

i feel like this one is obvious, but if we didn't have any money we'd be taking the cash.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #66
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
In my case, I took advantage of these unusual circumstances to replace my 1SS manual with a 1SS 1LE (plan to purchase the 1LE down the road when market is back to normal). Under normal circumstances, it would not make financial sense to do this kind of upgrade.
I got an unsolicited offer from Truecar for between $31 and $34k, I suppose they need more info to establish the final offer. I paid $35k out the door in Feb '17. The car was used with 6k miles. If not for my mods, I'd probably sell and pick up a ZLE whenever prices return to normal
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:47 AM   #67
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I got an unsolicited offer from Truecar for between $31 and $34k, I suppose they need more info to establish the final offer. I paid $35k out the door in Feb '17. The car was used with 6k miles. If not for my mods, I'd probably sell and pick up a ZLE whenever prices return to normal
Not sure where some people get this idea that prices will somehow sink back to rock bottom any time soon. The Camaro will most likely be discontinued, unofficially or officially, because the chip supply won't magically fix itself in the next few months, perhaps even years, and trucks/SUVs/EVs and even the Corvette and Cadillacs will all be given priority over the Camaro. I don't see how selling a 1SS or 2SS and then actually being able to get a ZL1 or a ZL1 1LE at depressed prices would realistically happen.

Sure, if someone wants to sell their Camaro and buy a truck or a bland car, they will probably make some money, but plastering the forum all over with this is (subjectively speaking) not particularly interesting.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:17 AM   #68
Buckwheat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
The ZL1 is becoming extremely hard to find. Especially a 2021.
With the factory closed indefinitely until further notice due to no semi conducters and chips. It looks like the 2017-2019 models are all that is left.
I looked this morning and some are at 69K for a 2-4 year old ZL1
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:49 AM   #69
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Why go through all the hassle of hunting down the car you apparently wanted bad enough to buy in the first place, only to turn around and sell it a short time later for $2k in ‘profit’? Is $2k really worth losing something you ‘really’ wanted? Maybe you didn’t really want the car after all and if that’s the case, then I get it. Walk away and move on to something else in life.

Now, about these so called profits... how much of these profits are net returns on investments? I mean, go look at the “what I did to my 6th Gen Camaro today” threads and look at all the money people have put into their cars to personalize them. $1-$3k easily in personal touches like PPF, Ceramic coating, wheels, tires, tint, rock guards, Catch cans, etc;... then add registration fees, dealer costs, gas guzzler taxes, personal property taxes, sales taxes, insurance, etc; and look at what the actual total cost of ownership has been, then subtract that from the offers given and I would bet a good some of money that that ‘profit’ doesn’t add up...

Now let’s talk about this bubble... the one that will magically ‘burst’ and wipe away the inflation the market is experiencing from the trillions, with a T, of dollars the feds have dumped into the market from simply printing it, not from producing actual goods & services that actually mean something and have value.. if a guy actually ‘nets’ $2k from the sale of his fun car, then he is without said car and all the experiences (enjoyment) of owning the car brings and the $2k is not really worth that much due to inflation and rising costs of living everywhere else in his life. That money will be eaten up in no time flat on other purchases / expenses and he will be left without the money and the car in the end.

Again, if you are walking away from performance car ownership, period, then now is the time to make that move. The guys saying, i’’l wait for the ‘bubble’ to burst and then re-buy another performance car later just doesn’t make any sense at all to me. If you are speculating new cars to be cheaper to purchase and own in the future, you best have someone else manage your finances moving forward..
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #70
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Didn't read this whole thing, just seems to me that if putting a couple Grand in your pocket right now is going to really change your life that dramtically, some y'all probably shouldn't be playing around in the sports car market in the first place. Getting out right now probably is the best thing. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote