Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #15
MBSS1LE

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Back in the New Edge days the Mach 1 was basically just a Cobra with a solid axle and a functional Shaker hood. I probably would have preferred it over the Cobra because that hood was menacing.
That's right, and it was a bridge between the pinnacle Mustang of the time (Cobra) and the GT. Exactly the same position the S550 Mach 1 fills in the Mustang lineup.
MBSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #16
STReddy1999

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
The Mach 1 gets a Tremec and not the MT82, so perhaps it will be a decent car. Someone down the street from me (presumably a Ford employee) has different Mach 1's parked in their driveway regularly. They don't look great, but they don't look terrible either. Hard to put my finger on it.
Glad they got rid of that terrible transmission. The Mach 1 looks are definitely hit or miss with some people. I think it looks alright for a factory Mustang, thought I think RTR did a better job with their upper grille fog lights. Those circles don't agree with the body lines, in my opinion, especially how they're cut off at the top.
2014 Camaro RS - Sold
STReddy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:36 PM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It’s clear the Mach 1 doesn’t have to perform better than the 1LE because the Camaro’s better performance isn’t translating to sales.

It’s too bad GM doesn’t invest in the Camaro. Putting the LT2 in the Camaro would likely get a bump in sales. GM has no idea how to manage the Camaro brand.
That might result in a small bump. I mean I think this late into the products life cycle its pretty obvious that Camaro's poor sales are because the base model is bad at being a coupe compared to the competition. 60-70% of cars sold in this segment are the base models.

I agree they should have done something to add some excitement to line up though to possibly spark sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSS1LE View Post
That's right, and it was a bridge between the pinnacle Mustang of the time (Cobra) and the GT. Exactly the same position the S550 Mach 1 fills in the Mustang lineup.
yeah but making it another car focused on handling was a mistake IMO
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:07 PM   #18
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
sam strano just got his mach 1 the other day interested to see what he says
Old 04-06-2021, 06:13 PM   #19
Paulman

Drives: Slow Corolla
I owned an '04 Mach I - for the money it was a decent go-between with the GT and the Cobra since it had the Cobra engine, solid axle, and decent interior

Local dealer in Raleigh, NC has 3 Mach I's - all Fighter Gray. One is a premium package MARKED UP 5 grand to 64K. No thanks.

Last edited by Paulman; 04-06-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Paulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #20
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
I owned an '04 Mach I - for the money it was a decent go-between with the GT and the Cobra since it had the Cobra engine, solid axle, and decent interior

Local dealer in Raleigh, NC has 3 Mach I's - all Fighter Gray. One is a premium package MARKED UP 5 grand to 64K. No thanks.
very deceiving post, but ok.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:56 AM   #21
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
What's all this crap about old Mach 1s having a solid axle? Didn't all Mustangs have solid axles until 2015??
Old 04-07-2021, 07:18 AM   #22
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by STReddy1999 View Post
The Mach 1 Premium has heated/ventilated RECARO seats and a heated steering wheel, at least it says so on Ford's configurator. The premium's standard seats are leather/cloth but they have available full leather RECARO seats for $1,595. I do agree that there was no reason for me to add PDR, and the price difference is even more embarrassing for Ford had I not added that to the SS.
Thank you!!
Old 04-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #23
MBSS1LE

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
yeah but making it another car focused on handling was a mistake IMO
The only Mach 1 focused on handling, it seems, are those optioned with the handling package. Otherwise, the base Mach 1 is just a boulevard cruiser from everything I have seen/read.

I actually like what they produced but there is no way I would look to sell or trade my car in on one if it's not going to outperform what I already own. Especially at that cost. But I imagine the blue oval folks will be eating them up.
MBSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:14 AM   #24
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
What's all this crap about old Mach 1s having a solid axle? Didn't all Mustangs have solid axles until 2015??
that came up because the Mach 1 was essentially a 01 cobra with a solid axle (I know not exactly but very similar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSS1LE View Post
The only Mach 1 focused on handling, it seems, are those optioned with the handling package. Otherwise, the base Mach 1 is just a boulevard cruiser from everything I have seen/read.

I actually like what they produced but there is no way I would look to sell or trade my car in on one if it's not going to outperform what I already own. Especially at that cost. But I imagine the blue oval folks will be eating them up.
Yeah like I said it's a nice offering for this late in the product life cycle, little over priced but nice package. They will sell well
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 04-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #25
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
that came up because the Mach 1 was essentially a 01 cobra with a solid axle (I know not exactly but very similar)
But I'm saying didn't the Cobra have a solid axle????
Old 04-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #26
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Nope, that era Cobra had an IRS setup.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...d-test-review/
Old 04-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #27
shaffe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
Nope, that era Cobra had an IRS setup.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...d-test-review/
What he said^

The 99, 01 and 03/04 Cobras had IRS
Old 04-07-2021, 09:09 AM   #28
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Good option for Mustang loyalists who want a reliable trackday car. I don't see anything that makes me want to trade in yet.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, comparison, mach 1, performance, price