Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #29
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Blue Coral is about the most watery soap I have used . Though it is justified by the price. Use it on the wheels, exhaust tips, etc. but your paint deserves better! lol

I would recommend buying a bucket and get a screw top with a lid. You fill the bucket with soap and hot/warm water at home, take it to the car wash and use the pressure washer there. That is what I used to do with my Z's when I had them out in the winter. I didn't want the hassle/mess of washing at home in the winter.

This is the first car I've bought thats less than 5 years old, much less actually being band spanking new! That said, I definitely plan to be kinder to this car's paint - your idea about the bucket and the car wash isn't bad, I may have to look for one in my area.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:20 AM   #30
OB0001
2018 SS A8 11.85@117.06

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS A8 "Dark Knight"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
yea whatever
Old 02-16-2021, 08:24 AM   #31
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
BLAH BLAH BLAH.....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:12 AM   #32
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Given the hordes of people who have gravitated to SUVs and their inefficient shape and use of fuel (vs sedans), the masses can hardly point fingers at sports car owners.
This ^^^

And you can reserve some blame for the EPA itself, who are allowing looser requirements for vehicles based on their "footprint" - i.e. bigger vehicles are allowed to be slightly less fuel-efficient.

Quote:
Scientists don't have a horse in this game, other than observing trends and trying to protect the earth so that it's habitable for generations to come. Plenty of research (there are numerous documentaries on this) has shown that the temperature excursions and moving averages that we are seeing over the last 150 years are indeed rising relative to the thousands of years before that (ice core samples can tell you a lot). And that the cause appears to be CO2 levels that have risen steadily since over the same time period due to the industrial revolution. The temps only need to rise a degree or two to cause large changes to ice levels at the poles, with the result that the meltwater makes it way into the ocean and screws up currents (like the gulf stream) that normally circulate global heat from tropics to the poles. This then changes air currents and weather patterns around the globe (climate change) getting us to where we are today. Humans are causing this problem, and need to own up to it so we can engineer solutions before it's too late.
Science is only the study of what is. It's up to other disciplines to come up with and employ the results of scientific study for there to be any actual benefit.

Quote:
Having said that, I tried to do my part by driving a hybrid for 10 years, but ultimately just bought a Camaro SS so I could enjoy it on the track before the thrill of gas powered engines is a thing of the past ("the motor laws" - Rush predicted the future). So now I'm conflicted, but I'm not going to deny I'm now contributing more to the problem.
I get this, though my comfort point is somewhat different from yours. I feel I'm doing (roughly) my share as long as my ICE cars can get decent fuel economy and aren't gross polluters.

Now for another thought . . .
Quote:
Guys, I realize that we're on site that is self selected for people who like V8 engines, and thus don't have fuel economy and protecting the earth at the top of their priority list.

However, I will say that if you are going to weigh in and claim that climate change is some kind of fabricated myth, you should first have an open mind and seek more data before doing so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
No, it’s unmitigated bull shit.
It's just as bad to have a near-religious belief that nothing is happening climate-wise as it is to be convinced that we're so close to the point of no return that only major changes in current vehicle technology can save us.

Norm
Old 02-16-2021, 10:10 AM   #33
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Gold class is garbage. I know cuz climate change freezes garbage......jk.

It is however a not good soap. If you like Meguiars try their Hyperwash. Rinses cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been using it for years and love it. I'll give the Hyperwash a try though.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #34
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Guys, I realize that we're on site that is self selected for people who like V8 engines, and thus don't have fuel economy and protecting the earth at the top of their priority list. Given the hordes of people who have gravitated to SUVs and their inefficient shape and use of fuel (vs sedans), the masses can hardly point fingers at sports car owners. However, I will say that if you are going to weigh in and claim that climate change is some kind of fabricated myth, you should first have an open mind and seek more data before doing so.

Scientists don't have a horse in this game, other than observing trends and trying to protect the earth so that it's habitable for generations to come. Plenty of research (there are numerous documentaries on this) has shown that the temperature excursions and moving averages that we are seeing over the last 150 years are indeed rising relative to the thousands of years before that (ice core samples can tell you a lot). And that the cause appears to be CO2 levels that have risen steadily since over the same time period due to the industrial revolution. The temps only need to rise a degree or two to cause large changes to ice levels at the poles, with the result that the meltwater makes it way into the ocean and screws up currents (like the gulf stream) that normally circulate global heat from tropics to the poles. This then changes air currents and weather patterns around the globe (climate change) getting us to where we are today. Humans are causing this problem, and need to own up to it so we can engineer solutions before it's too late.

Having said that, I tried to do my part by driving a hybrid for 10 years, but ultimately just bought a Camaro SS so I could enjoy it on the track before the thrill of gas powered engines is a thing of the past ("the motor laws" - Rush predicted the future). So now I'm conflicted, but I'm not going to deny I'm now contributing more to the problem.
Thank you for making sense, you'd think people who can afford such expensive cars are smart enough to be well off in life and know this, ironic that it's called "common sense" and it's anything BUT common.

As for the soap, it's a forbidden snack

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:53 AM   #35
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Yay!!! Sun today for the first time in a week. And 55, too. Maybe I will wash a car today. Or just uncap a few out on the deck.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #36
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Hypocrites is what I think when I see folks driving v8 engined cars while preaching climate change. Reminds me of 44 and family who purchased a home on the east coast shoreline and travel the world over for vacations and book tours. Or my buddy who blamed every Covid death on 45 yet sent a picture standing next to another buddy with no mask on. Or his wife and child flying to Dallas last April because airfare was cheap and supporting our re-entry into the Paris Accord. I struggle to have any respect for these type of folks. Back up your words and make some real sacrifices if you truly believe it. It just seems many are unwilling to truly make the sacrifices so they want Government to change the game so everyone has to suffer. Imagine if the people who keep preaching it truly backed up their words, we probably wouldn’t need to rush all these changes as genuine costs to taxpayers.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #37
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Yay!!! Sun today for the first time in a week. And 55, too. Maybe I will wash a car today. Or just uncap a few out on the deck.
Both of those sound like great options! We're in for another week of rough weather, should forecasts hold true.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:26 AM   #38
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Hypocrites is what I think when I see folks driving v8 engined cars while preaching climate change. Reminds me of 44 and family who purchased a home on the east coast shoreline and travel the world over for vacations and book tours. Or my buddy who blamed every Covid death on 45 yet sent a picture standing next to another buddy with no mask on. Or his wife and child flying to Dallas last April because airfare was cheap and supporting our re-entry into the Paris Accord. I struggle to have any respect for these type of folks. Back up your words and make some real sacrifices if you truly believe it. It just seems many are unwilling to truly make the sacrifices so they want Government to change the game so everyone has to suffer. Imagine if the people who keep preaching it truly backed up their words, we probably wouldn’t need to rush all these changes as genuine costs to taxpayers.
You do understand that people can have varying stances on different topics right? A single individual having a high powered gas car does not mean they aren't allowed to say, criticize the use of coal powered energy plants, they have varying impacts, I enjoy my gas guzzler for MYSELF but I still support the move towards clean energy for the future of myself, everyone around me, and the future generations, it's not the fact that we do X bad things buy the scale on how we do them, current cars wouldn't be an issue if say, we also had a magical tree that got planted for every car purchased that absorbed all the pollutants, it's called being carbon neutral.

If you say people are hypocrites for not being 100% on one side of the spectrum, I'm just going to use your logic and assume you are 100% on destroying the planet, sounds dumb doesn't it?

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #39
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Guys, I realize that we're on site that is self selected for people who like V8 engines, and thus don't have fuel economy and protecting the earth at the top of their priority list. Given the hordes of people who have gravitated to SUVs and their inefficient shape and use of fuel (vs sedans), the masses can hardly point fingers at sports car owners. However, I will say that if you are going to weigh in and claim that climate change is some kind of fabricated myth, you should first have an open mind and seek more data before doing so.

I just want to focus on that one point. This statement is so far from the truth. The entirety of my second career has been in government with the first part in higher education and second part in research all on the administration side. The pressure for professors, researchers, scientist to be awarded grants and have their work published is astronomical. In higher education, this aspect of their job is just as important if not more so than the actual courses/lesson plans they create and the quality of their teaching.

A ton of the grants awarded are essentially looking to prove a cause such as global climate change versus answer an open ended question. If you want the grant and potential publications of your work, you hold your experiments and present the data in such a way that it proves the validity of the cause. Since the public just reads headlines and no one cares to grade the validity of these studies, they’re passed off as fact even though the outcome was predetermined and held in such a way there could only be one outcome.

There’s a whole class of independent scientist who make a career off being awarded grant after grant. They view their research as simply a “job” to make a living versus searching for the truth. My point is most scientist do have a horse in the game and that’s money, not the truth. Which segways into the broader topic of how the funding system for research is broken and one of the symptoms of that is the “junk research” that’s polluting science.

Last edited by seethruya; 02-16-2021 at 12:00 PM.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #40
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
There’s a whole class of independent scientist who make a career off being awarded grant after grant.
What he said is definitely true, although he neglected to mention that grants are typically awarded following a peer review process. So researchers are biased to support those with whom they agree.
I can assure you this is how it works in medical research. The more specialized the field/research, the more it is like a friend network.
Not sure there is a better system, unfortunately.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:05 PM   #41
Michael-k

Drives: '21 Camaro
We can debate the statistics until the cows come home. So, I'd like to pull back a few steps and look at this from a different perspective.

What's the primary problem that the GW/CC proponents claim? That CO2 is building up in Earth's atmosphere.
To that, I'd reply in the manner of Major Burns (in M.A.S.H) -- "horse hockey".

Earth is a dynamic system, and so it keeps re-doing itself. The atmosphere is constantly getting mixed. There is also precipitation, which flushes the atmosphere (one type of acid rain). Also, the sun puts out a lot of UV radiation, which breaks up and deteriorates everything (think of skin cancer).

In this thread so far, I saw some really good responses (specifically, from sengli, 3.8TransAM, gtfoxy, 17rsvert, and seethruya). Thank you for being politically INcorrect!
sold: 2000 Mercury Cougar -- V6, citrus gold, 5-speed, sunroof
Michael-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:57 PM   #42
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Third time..... Can I please go to a car forum that has a NO POLITICS rule to talk about CARS and just about cars?

This thread proves how many of you need to unplug from the world of politics when a thread about frozen car soap is turned into a climate change political crapfest. Seriously stop politicizing every damn thing in life. Turn off CNN,OAN, Fox News, whatever. Politics has literally consumed you. Unplug.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote