Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
Lurkertill03/10/2016

Drives: Soon to be a Camaro
Whatever happened to the "Win $45,000 towards a Chevy" competition?

I remember at the last Auto Show in Toronto, they had signs up for a contest where you could win $45,000 towards a new Chevy.

The draw was supposed to be sometime in October and although I knew winning was statistically improbable, I still signed up for shits and giggles. Next thing you know, come October, the contest is gone along with any traces of it.

Does Chevy not advertise the winners? Maybe gain some publicity with their contest and reach out to new potential buyers, Camaro or not? Just feels really flakey. Am I wrong for thinking that it was only a marketing stunt and they didn't actually pay anything out to anyone? I searched everywhere and can't find anything about any winners or the competition results
Lurkertill03/10/2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
This is for the 2017 Version,

10. Entry forms become the property of GMCC and will not be returned to entrants at any time. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except with the entrant selected to win the Grand Prize.

13. Winners' Names: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after January 15, 2018, send a letter along with a self-addressed postage, stamped envelope to “GM Enterprise – Driven to Win” contest, Winner's List Request, 200 Wellington Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 0N6, Floor 13 ATTN: MRM//McCann. The winner's name will be available until June 30, 2018.

I would assume the rules were the same as last year. You want to know, send an envelope

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #3
Lurkertill03/10/2016

Drives: Soon to be a Camaro
Thanks Brad. I had absolutely no clue that they were this tight lipped about the winners. I'm pretty sure even OLG isn't this up tight about their lottos or am I wrong?

Why would they blow up such a big competition and advertise it all over but as soon as the winner is selected, its all hush hush?

On a side note, I love the new picture of your 1SS. Not sure if it was just bad quality before or if you added some cosmetic mods but it looks great!
Lurkertill03/10/2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Thanks. Bad lighting, weird angle and plain white, that was the older pic.
This is the new hotness. Got the hood and roof wrapped.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote