Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
joseph.lord344

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
DFW members. I need a favor!

SO I recently just got orders to Germany. I need to ship my Camaro through the dallas Port. Can anyone recommend a detail shop that will be able to do an inside and out detail for a reasonable price, as I will be driving 10 hours from southern NM. Or if someone would be able to let me borrow some water and products to wash it at their place lol.
Muffler Delete, Skip Shift Eliminator, Billet "Camaro" Reservoir Caps. Ported TB, Ported Intake Manifold, Stainless Power 1 7/8" with offroad pipes, MGW Short Shifter, Procharger P1SC-1 HO kit, Mighty Mouse Catch Can.
joseph.lord344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
When are you coming through Dallas?
Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
joseph.lord344

I will be there from the 14th-17th and I need my car detailed either the evening of the 15th or the morning of the 16th because I ship my car the evening of the 16th.
Muffler Delete, Skip Shift Eliminator, Billet "Camaro" Reservoir Caps. Ported TB, Ported Intake Manifold, Stainless Power 1 7/8" with offroad pipes, MGW Short Shifter, Procharger P1SC-1 HO kit, Mighty Mouse Catch Can.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
And your worried about a local car wash not being good enough you are planning ahead to get a detail to it after you drove it.
Good thing you didn't give a second thought to exporting and importing a Non emissions compliant vehicle. I'm sure you won't encounter any problems having it impounded or anything.
https://jalopnik.com/the-german-poli...the-1795143218
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
joseph.lord344

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
And your worried about a local car wash not being good enough you are planning ahead to get a detail to it after you drove it.
Good thing you didn't give a second thought to exporting and importing a Non emissions compliant vehicle. I'm sure you won't encounter any problems having it impounded or anything.
https://jalopnik.com/the-german-poli...the-1795143218
Okay, I see that this post has nothing to do with the question that I have asked. Are you from DFW? Ive read and read and read the Regulations for USAFE(United States Air Forces in Europe) Also me being Vehicle Maintenance and stationed in germany back in 2012-2015 I personally know many of the NCO's and German civilians who they put in charge of vehicle inspections over there. So I know the only thing that is a worry to me right now is my exhaust note being over 95db. Other than that everything else is good to go. My brakes are fine, my front tints will be gone when I get there, and my stock manifolds will go on for inspection. I see that youre very very concerned about me though so thank you for that.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
silversleeper
Big Crow

Lol, you can't figure out how to wash your car but you've got it all figured out. Your car won't pass the newly implemented German special task force catching people who are out on the road who paid someone to pass the inspection with muffler delete etc. Okay chief maybe someone will help you wash your car and all your problems are solved. I won't worry about trying to give you any more advice.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I use ShowroomFX in Plano off Preston Rd (Steve) for most of my detailing needs.

He’s located at 17931 Preston Road in the Green Planet Car Wash building. Hours are Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM. Contact Steve @ steve@showroomfx.com or call (972)743-9443. Call early as he does get busy...

Good guy...

https://www.facebook.com/ShowroomFX-263634680979/

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
Terryfied

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Lol, you can't figure out how to wash your car but you've got it all figured out. Your car won't pass the newly implemented German special task force catching people who are out on the road who paid someone to pass the inspection with muffler delete etc. Okay chief maybe someone will help you wash your car and all your problems are solved. I won't worry about trying to give you any more advice.
Wow. You'd think the Germans had better things to do... like get control of muslim migrants raping and pillaging their country.
OP, I think I'd just leave my car safe at home and carry a big stick over there.

https://www.thetrumpet.com/13515-ger...nd-the-big-lie
Terryfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #9
Vec
Tejas Hillbilly

Drives: 15 SS 2SS/RS LS3M6
my recommendation:

just prep it for storage here stateside, and buy a beater merc in Germany to drive while your there someone on base will have something for sale.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #10
joseph.lord344

Quote:
Youre thinking about this all wrong. I need to detail my car before I ship it. It can not have much organic material from the states on it due to the possibility of importing insects and parasites to Europe. Also, it seems to me that you are basing everything that youre saying off of what you are reading on the internet. As much as you may not believe it, life is a lot more different than what you read on facebook and such.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
joseph.lord344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryfied View Post
Wow. You'd think the Germans had better things to do... like get control of muslim migrants raping and pillaging their country.
OP, I think I'd just leave my car safe at home and carry a big stick over there.

https://www.thetrumpet.com/13515-ger...nd-the-big-lie
Lol! I feel you, but I need to bring my car over so I can take it on the Nurburgring while I'm over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vec View Post
my recommendation:

just prep it for storage here stateside, and buy a beater merc in Germany to drive while your there someone on base will have something for sale.
Id much rather take my car over there than trust the people that the AF contracts to store vehicles. lol so many horror stories.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #12
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph.lord344 View Post
Youre thinking about this all wrong. I need to detail my car before I ship it. It can not have much organic material from the states on it due to the possibility of importing insects and parasites to Europe. Also, it seems to me that you are basing everything that youre saying off of what you are reading on the internet. As much as you may not believe it, life is a lot more different than what you read on facebook and such.
I post links because if you don't have a second source people on the net tend not to believe you. For example you said how it was back in 2012 to 2015 before this 2017 change. If I didn't post that you would have simply said it wasn't true.
Thanks for letting me know life is different than I thought it was. I first shipped a car overseas on orders in the 80s. How old were you then? I've shipped both military vehicles and privately owned vehicles back and forth to various countries since then, but I know nothin' but what I read on the net.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #13
warnerwh

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
If you are worried about noise just have some muffler's installed. It's easy enough to put them in and remove them when you can. You may even get away with having a muffler shop just weld a baffle in. I had to do that to pass DEQ here. They put in the baffle before I went to the inspection and removed them when I was done. Took hardly any time at all.
warnerwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #14
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
I first shipped a car overseas on orders in the 80s. I've shipped both military vehicles and privately owned vehicles back and forth to various countries since then, but I know nothin' but what I read on the net.
I first shipped a POV overseas in 1970; would I use that information as a basis now? Definitely NOT! I last shipped military vehicles overseas in 2005/6; would I use that information as a basis for shipment now? Definitely NOT! Nor would I trust anything from the internet regarding current military or foreign government policies and procedures. I would, however, consult with and trust my fellow military peers and contemporaries--as OP is certainly doing, and as I'm sure you did while on active duty. I'm inclined to think OP has done his research and due diligence from current, credible sources! JMHO
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote