Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froglevel View Post
I ... am as intimate with the body of this car as I am my wife's.
Well, I hope you at least close the garage door first...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I let my wife wash herself.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Here is how it starts. I have a 2012 45th anniversary ss. I treat this car like a queen and am downright foolish about parking in remote areas so some nimrod in a beater doesn't ding it or get too close. I wash it weekly and am as intimate with the body of this car as I am my wife's. I started having problems with the service tire sensor light coming on. First time I immediately took it to the nearest dealer not sure what the problem was and wanting to be diligent about addressing issues before they got worse. They relearned the sensors and while they install nitrogen. Within a day it started showing the same error. I took it right back and they relearned it again. Over the holidays it came on nearly daily with no rhyme or reason. It might be first thing upon cranking, after 30 minutes of driving, warm days or cold. I took it back this week and they shop foreman stated he needed to drive it with his laptop in the call to delve deeper, but he forgot to charge it and asked I bring it back and drop it off. I did so and they called later stating the left rear sensor was stuck in learn mode so they replaced it. I drove home and parked it the yard. The light did not come on during my trip home. I was happy thinking the issue was resolved. The next day the weather in eastern NC was perfect for a wash and detail. As I made my way to the side that the bad sensor was on I found huge scratches down to the metal. ....I can assure you that was not there previously. I continued cleaning at a low boil. I the began cleaning the rims and found all four rims had terrible scratches in the finish. Now I am at a slightly lower temperature than the face of the sun. Finally i am wiping down the inside of the door sills and see the door sill plate is bent up and peeled away. I spent a great deal of money for this car and treat her like a queen. Now to top it off as I drove to lunch with my wife that damn service tire sensor light came on again. I am now thermonuclear. I am going back to the dealer tomorrow expecting four new rims, a repaint of the damaged area, a replacement sill plate and it wouldn't hurt to throw in some 45th anniversary floor mats to make it up to me. They had to have noticed the scratch, damaged rims, and sill plate, but never said a word. Is this the expected level of service on a $45,000 car? I would have been upset if they discussed this with me when I picked it up if they had admitted the mistakes and offered to make it right, but they merely let me drive off to discover on my own. This has to be the poorest customer service ever.

Kevin Harris
Wilson, NC

We apologize for the frustrations that you are currently experiencing. Have you brought this to the attention of the service department? This may be the first thing you would want to do.

Please let us know if they were able to resolve your issue.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Always inspect your car before leaving anywhere work has been done to it.
I used to be a valet. Please look over your car before and after you leave your car with anyone. A bad valet will let you drive off the lot so they won't be held responsible for any damage they may have caused. After you drive off the lot, it could have happened anywhere...is the response you will get from the valet company. Same holds true anywhere. Sucks, but it's what can happen.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #19
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Personally if I were you, I would take it to a new dealer. A similar situation happened to my family with a Tahoe and we never took it back. We took it to a new dealer explained what happened, and they took care of all the damage. I have no idea who they charged but we have been loyal every since.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #20
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I did this, and it works. I use my local Caddy dealer when I need something done i can't do myself. They seem to take a lot better care of their customers' cars.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #21
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I've had a similar experience. Let me save you the trouble of going back to this dealer. You will go back and explain the damage you found. The dealer will look at it and then tell you that they didn't do it and that it could have happened anywhere.

Next, you will be so pissed that you will contact GM thinking that they must be able to help you. Not a chance. They will do nothing.

Now that you're over the top pissed, you will go on an adventure to find a quality dealership that will provide you some meaningful level of customer care. More than likely, it will take you a few tries before you find one.

I use a Caddy dealership now. You might find a good place by going to dealerrater.com.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #22
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Quote:
I wash it weekly and am as intimate with the body of this car as I am my wife's.
Just stay away from the exhaust pipe man.
Sorry about this. I would be pissed too. We need cameras to watch our cars. Also always check your mileage.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #23
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
The statement about "we need cameras to watch our cars!" can not be stressed enough as an absolute truth.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Sorry to here this ,but at the same time your teaching here,I will do a walk around my car before I step foot in my car after it is serviced,and request a walk around before they pull it in the the bay