Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: If you were offered a brand new ZL1 or keep your current Camaro what would you do?
Keep my current car. 164 42.05%
Take the ZL1. (and give up all my current mods) 226 57.95%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #85
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
I would have to keep my HWAY STR because my best friend is the person I bought my car from...

I don't know if you remember my little story about re-connecting with him after being out of touch for over 20 yrs after we lost our jobs when the company moved...

He moved to Virginia, and I got to see him for the first time in all those years when we took delivery at the Chevy dealership he managed...

Sadly, he passed away last year and I never got to see him again after delivery day in May 2009, just 3 yrs ago this past Saturday...

Our Camaro was also a 30th wedding anniversary gift that my husband and I gave each other...I also have many cool and significant dates attached to this car...

I would never trade or sell my car for all the money in the world...HONEST!!!...you cannot put a pricetag on it for me...

That's my story, PQ...hope you enjoyed it

I do remember much of that. And I'd keep it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Just another thought...as far as a sentimental attachment, of all the cars I've had, and I loved them all, it took several years to realize which ones I really miss and wish I had kept ('67 Impala and a '66 VW)...Its a lousy feeling, and I don't want it to happen with this one!...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
According to the OP rules that's not allowed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro/ss/rs View Post
Grrrr!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
I'll keep mine also PQ. I'm not supercharged yet.
I have a 2010 - code CTH (factory transformer edition)- 2SS - LS3 - non RS with polished wheels. It's daily driven. Everyone loves my car from adults to kids. Girls like the color combo and the guys like the power and their necks snapping while I'm shifting through the gears.

The ZL1, it would not be daily driven and it would be at the track mostly.
I'd drive the crap out of either.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #86
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Plus if there are any V6ers that would keep their cars over a ZL1 due to the heavy mods they have done.

Funny you should bring this up PQ. While I'm not in the exact same boat, I've recently gone through a similar situation. I have a 2010 2LT/RS, I just graduated college and as a gift to myself I considered trading in my car for a 2012 2SS/RS. However I've put WAY too much blood, sweat and tears into my car. There is way too much sentimental value and I quickly shot down that idea. So I've decided to go the FI route and supercharge my car. Not only will it have more power than a stock SS but it is still cheaper (overall). I get to keep my car, yet make it dramatically faster.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 05-23-2012 at 08:36 PM.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #87
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
I think you'll find the only people choosing to keep their current cars are the ones that are already SUPERCHARGED.
Bingo! that's pretty much the reason why I wouldn't get rid of my Bee.

the power differences between my Maggie SS and a ZL1 wouldn't be worth me going in to severe debt to get a ZL1.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #88
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
I'd take the ZL1, mainly because I had to spend the cash I was saving for a blower on a new home AC unit. The only question is which color since cyber gray is no longer available.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #89
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I did this with my ex-SS in mind. It was stock, and yes I'd go with the ZL-1.

Now that I've traded in my SS, I am itching to get a ZL1 at some point in the future...
Old 05-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #90
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
All things being even, no doubt.
I'll take one Ashen Gray Metallic ZL1 Please.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #91
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
I voted to keep my car, but now that I'm actually thinking about it, I'd take the zero mile ZL1 with a smile on my face. As long as it is white, but I'd take AGM as well lol.

My reasoning is simply that I have 32k miles on my '11 SS right now and the biggest mods on it are my headers and exhaust.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #92
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I'd trade for a ZL1 if things stayed the same financially. I bought my current Camaro because my last car died and I needed something. I wanted a 1SS/RS but could not afford it at the time so I got what I could afford (1LT/RS).

Don't get me wrong I am attached to my car and it'll be hard to pass her on to someone who may not treat her right, but I plan on upgrading to a 1LE after I graduate from college in December. I haven't done too much to my car either (Tune, Intake, added a few 2LT parts, and RX parts.) so I won't miss out on too much.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #93
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
As I suspected there are some that aren't blown that would keep them.

Actually I was thinking about you when I typed the V6 part.
I'm not charged yet but my ss is a keeper
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #94
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Couldnt have said it better PQ
I honestly feel the exact same way and my friends were shocked when we had a similar conversation. My car means the world to me, has alot of sentimental value between the ups and downs so I would miss it if I ever gave her up.
When I get the cash to do so, she'll get a badass V8 in her one day, probably sooner then I expect. But regardless I really wouldnt part with her for anything.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #95
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Love my car......but I would have my decision in half a second.....the ZL1 would be mine.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #96
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
And this is coming from a guy with a V6
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #97
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Keep mine for a few reasons:

1) its personalized and modded the way I want.

2) I promised it to my 10 yr old when he his old/mature enough
Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #98
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
My car and I have been through a lot together. To many memories. I could never part with it. The only way it'll ever leave me is if it is wrecked to the point of being totaled and unless someone else clobbers me good I don't see that happening either. To be honest I don't think I would get a ZL1 as a second Camaro. My next Camaro will be a 6th gen.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote