Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #435
jfcody3962

Drives: 2016 2SS
Add me to the list. Started noticing this issue around 25K miles. Build date June 16. I have 26,500 miles now and seems to be getting slightly worse. I can't duplicate the issue on demand just yet, so I'll have to wait for this to get worse so the dealer does not say "It's normal".
Old 04-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #436
Bwright4

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic black,NPP,MRC
I am kind of stressed over this issue, after reading all the comments. Only have 1 year left on warranty and already putting off fixing transmission coolant line recall I only have 10000 miles and have not noticed an issue. Bought new in May 2016 and not sure of build date. Sounds like it is a definite i will experience this at some point. Only drive short distances and on sunny days so guess I better take longer trips. I love this car and hate to sell it. Thinking I should just sell and buy a new ZL1 a 10 or buy a non GM car. Have had issues with my '11 Enclave as well and was planning on buying new re-design enclave this summer. Think they have A 8 now along with new start/stop tech , which I hate.
How many 16 -17 camaro A 8 owners have not had the shudder . Maybe I am over thinking the issue.
Bwright4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #437
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwright4 View Post
I am kind of stressed over this issue, after reading all the comments. Only have 1 year left on warranty and already putting off fixing transmission coolant line recall I only have 10000 miles and have not noticed an issue. Bought new in May 2016 and not sure of build date. Sounds like it is a definite i will experience this at some point. Only drive short distances and on sunny days so guess I better take longer trips. I love this car and hate to sell it. Thinking I should just sell and buy a new ZL1 a 10 or buy a non GM car. Have had issues with my '11 Enclave as well and was planning on buying new re-design enclave this summer. Think they have A 8 now along with new start/stop tech , which I hate.
How many 16 -17 camaro A 8 owners have not had the shudder . Maybe I am over thinking the issue.
You have a 5 year/60K mile powertrain warranty FYI. The trans is covered under that, not your 3 year/36K bumper to bumper.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #438
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Well, it’s not an ideal situation... thinking your car may have future TC issues. But, it sounds like you have plenty of warrantee left. The potential for an issue will always be in the back of my head, but there’s no way I’d drop another 30+/- K for a ZL1 just because of that. Enjoy the car while you can and if it has issues, get it fixed. As much of a pain in the ass that may be.

I have no idea how many A8’s have or had the issue...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #439
Blackacidmaro

Drives: 16 2SS
Well they only did the new one flush thing today. It seems to have fixed it but their tech decided not to check his lift and badly damaged one of the Z28 wheels. They are discussing it after I told them you are going to replace it not repair it.
Blackacidmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #440
Bwright4

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic black,NPP,MRC
Thanks everyone for comments. Is frustrating to always wonder when it is going to happen but I do feel better now about warranty extending 5/60. Feel stupid to admit ,but i was not clear about that before. So thankful for this forum. Great group that I learn something new from daily.
Bwright4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:34 AM   #441
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Ironic i just found this... but hopefully it doesnt come to this for chevy as it did ford...

https://powernationtv.com/post/austr...t-transmission

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #442
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Thanks everyone for comments. Is frustrating to always wonder when it is going to happen but I do feel better now about warranty extending 5/60. Feel stupid to admit ,but i was not clear about that before. So thankful for this forum. Great group that I learn something new from daily.
You have lots of PT warranty yet 5/60 should cover any of this stuff. And while I can understand wanting to get rid of a potential problem I'm sure any costs you incur way down the road would still be a lot less than taking the hit from dumping the car.

My car is over 5 years old now and its been a good one thus far. But its not perfect and there are things about it that annoy me at times more so as it ages but its the Devil I Know so its sticking around.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #443
awrj2000

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Ironic i just found this... but hopefully it doesnt come to this for chevy as it did ford...

https://powernationtv.com/post/austr...t-transmission
Notice that lawsuit is for customer service, not defective transmission.
awrj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #444
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrj2000 View Post
Notice that lawsuit is for customer service, not defective transmission.
I do... however, if yoy read somw of the posts here and some of the facebook groups, many dealers have written it off as nornal, leaving people to go attempt to seek a dealership that will handle the issue.

So far to my knowl2dge there hasnt been a long term fix, even with torque converters and as far as transmissiins being replaced...nothing soid, just temporary for many.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #445
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
As promised....

After 2 unsuccessful reprograms of the transmission at 8k and 24k miles, My 2SS has been in the shop at Chevrolet of Everett with the shudder/lag and a whiplash 1st/2nd shift since Monday.

Although the service manager initially indicated the TC is probably delaminating. I just received a call stating that a visiting A GM Engineer drove the vehicle and claimed the heavy shaking / shuddering is 'normal/expected behavior' when the car is put into in v4 mode under a heavy load. If the car is on an incline and can't handle v4 mode, why is it there in the 1st place?

I'm getting told that the problem has nothing to do with the transmission and the hard shift from first to second in all drive modes is also 'expected' behavior for the A8 after break-in. They are refusing to do anything to correct the issue.

So mo much for that great warranty. I'm fed-up with GM's excuses. This is BS.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #446
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I took mine to the dealership yesterday. The tech acknowledged the problem before we even hit the first red light. They also confirmed the rear end groan I'd been experiencing.

They have a new torque converter on the way, and are proceeding with the bulletin on the rear end (change fluid to new with friction additive, do 5 figure 8s). I should have car back next thursday at most.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #447
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidZ View Post
As promised....

After 2 unsuccessful reprograms of the transmission at 8k and 24k miles, My 2SS has been in the shop at Chevrolet of Everett with the shudder/lag and a whiplash 1st/2nd shift since Monday.

Although the service manager initially indicated the TC is probably delaminating. I just received a call stating that a visiting A GM Engineer drove the vehicle and claimed the heavy shaking / shuddering is 'normal/expected behavior' when the car is put into in v4 mode under a heavy load. If the car is on an incline and can't handle v4 mode, why is it there in the 1st place?

I'm getting told that the problem has nothing to do with the transmission and the hard shift from first to second in all drive modes is also 'expected' behavior for the A8 after break-in. They are refusing to do anything to correct the issue.

So mo much for that great warranty. I'm fed-up with GM's excuses. This is BS.
The engineer should take the demo unit camaro and see if it does the same thing. I've gone up inclines in V4 mode before and it worked. Shit excuse from GM. They aren't owning up to the issue.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:01 PM   #448
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I agree. Also, when mine exhibited the vibration, it would do it in v4 and v8 mode. If yours does the same (highly likely), then put the car into sport mode, downshift 1 time while in manual shift mode (this forces car into v8 mode until you put it back into automatic)

show them the problem while in v8 mode and see what the excuse is then.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote