Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #113
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Come on guys do you have to result to name calling?
Old 04-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #114
Phrogpilot

Drives: Camaro ZL1
My point exactly... Some forget that we are dealing with a claim. My car was parked on my property and then damaged. The only thing I did wrong was move my car out of my garage, I should NOT have to take a huge loss on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I searched on Autotrader and found one certified 2012 ZL1 in the nation meeting his criteria.

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...5D%5D%5B%5D%5D
Phrogpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #115
Phrogpilot

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I'm sad he has Cancer but that is no excuse to keep acting the way he is. He is being a Jerk, that is a factual statement. I told him I hope he feels better, that is a factual statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Come on guys do you have to result to name calling?
Phrogpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #116
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogpilot View Post
I'm sad he has Cancer but that is no excuse to keep acting the way he is. He is being a Jerk, that is a factual statement. I told him I hope he feels better, that is a factual statement...
Well name calling used to be a no-no on the forum and could get you banned or at least a warning, I don't want anyone to get into trouble.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #117
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Emotional attachment != added market value.
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #118
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Emotional attachment != added market value.
Only to the ones emotionally attached. Lol. Your insurance company ain't them.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #119
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
My point exactly... Some forget that we are dealing with a claim. My car was parked on my property and then damaged. The only thing I did wrong was move my car out of my garage, I should NOT have to take a huge loss on this...
Correct me if I'm wrong, wasnt the car was parked on the street? The street is not your property...

Also, I was in your predicament once before. Bought a new car, 2 months later a truck threw a piece of tread onto my bumper and across my hood. Ended up in 2500 in damage. Did I freak out? Yes. Did I worry about value? Yes. But once it was fixed it didn't matter anymore because I bought it to drive it. Why have the car if you're worried about market value? Drive it. That is what it was meant for. If you want an investment, a car is not a good choice.
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #120
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Just because you do not like the answers being given does not mean the one giving them is a jerk or whatever label you want to use. Its great you don't agree, doesnt mean its going to bring up the value or help your fight with the insurance agency.

Unless you are practicing that fight here and if so, its not going well.

He gave a low number average market number, as the forum said and searchable KBB or edmunds the car is worth somewhere between 30-38k, thats a reasonable swing between good and excellent.

Google is your friend, I have had a diminished value claim with USAA against a 2012 GT500, pretty easy to do, basically the math is Aprox 15% of current "book" or "market" value, no more. So car worth 50K, 7.5- 8.5k check for the fact that the accident will show on a car fax and the car is worth less during trade. In my case they fixed the car at a Ford Dealership with all ford parts and ford warranties, paid deductibles, and cut a check for the value hit which was used immediately during the trade in for a 2014.
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #121
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
There was a black 2012 zl1 with 12,000 miles for 28k by me sorry to say even being the lowest numbers a 2015 would still be worth more and idk about getting 45k out of that maybe 40k
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #122
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Oh yea, so someone appreciates a low milage mint example of a very limited production car (approx1900) and they are a sucker? What happened to "They can list for whatever they want, none are selling for that..."?? I feel bad for you to have to go through life so cynically...

Ohhhh how the story changes now. Sooooo, now we have changed from $30k to $38K?
Where are all these mint under 10k mile examples of a ZL1 for $30k? And don't say Autotrader or Cargurus because I've looked, almost every day. Words mean things and so far none of your BS has been supported in fact...

This is an exact example of why you are full of BS Sir...
You are quite the tool, that $38k was for a 2013 with less than 2k miles and that was the asking price and sold last Feburary. The problem you have, is you fell in love with the car and over payed on the price. If the car is still under a CPO warranty, you've had it less than a year. That makes it a 4 year old car you paid $45k for. In 2013 used 2012's were selling for $45k-$48k because folks got in over their heads.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:48 PM   #123
Hatman

Drives: Several Camaros
I kinda thought this would go in this direction. This thread should get locked up.
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #124
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by d454brisson View Post
Google is your friend, I have had a diminished value claim with USAA against a 2012 GT500, pretty easy to do, basically the math is Aprox 15% of current "book" or "market" value, no more. So car worth 50K, 7.5- 8.5k check for the fact that the accident will show on a car fax and the car is worth less during trade. In my case they fixed the car at a Ford Dealership with all ford parts and ford warranties, paid deductibles, and cut a check for the value hit which was used immediately during the trade in for a 2014.
Exactly, I got hit by a red light runner 2.5 years ago. My car was valued at $38K at the time and got a check for $4500 on top of the $15K in repairs.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:45 PM   #125
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
I kinda thought this would go in this direction. This thread should get locked up.
Yup. People start threads to get support when they are trying to rationalize a messed up situation and when it backfires shit goes down hill pretty quick. It's all a waste of time after about page two.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 PM   #126
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Yup. People start threads to get support when they are trying to rationalize a messed up situation and when it backfires shit goes down hill pretty quick. It's all a waste of time after about page two.
It is also why most of the original Zl1 posters for the most part, have moved on to other places. Drama has killed a lot of traffic on C5. Most of the time I only go over to the C6 detailing forum.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote