Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #71
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Get it fixed by Your Insurance company and let them fight it out with your neighbors Ins co. And tell them to get you a nice Rental Car. Nobody is going to total that out based on those pictures.

I'm sorry that happened, but as nice as you have taken care of your ZL1, I don't think any GM car made in the last 40 years is a collectable car. These are mass-produced cars, just like a Mustang, or Chevy Malibu. The fact that it means more to you than an Insurance Co is no surprise.
many of the older "classic"mustangs have reached collector status.they made a whole lot more of them than any modern camaro,but life on the road takes its toll.my car is babied,never dirty for more than one day at a time,and i do avoid driving in the rain if its possible but the windshield has about 8 stone chips in it.im thinking that you will probably be able to get it fixed as good as new but wondering if the memory if this unfortunate event will cause you to sell it and find another similiar car in as good a shape.having worked at a classic car restoration shop i can tell you that almost any car can be fixed perfectly if the money is there and you picked the right shop.you should probably attend a couple of car shows.look around and talk to the owners whose cars have been recently restored or repaired about their experiences with different shops before narrowing the field down...then go see their work in progress and after being finished to make sure it will match your expectations.a filthy shop and many half repaired cars being stored outside are huge red flags IMO.hope this will end to your satisfaction.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #72
Phrogpilot

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Thanks, that's great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
many of the older "classic"mustangs have reached collector status.they made a whole lot more of them than any modern camaro,but life on the road takes its toll.my car is babied,never dirty for more than one day at a time,and i do avoid driving in the rain if its possible but the windshield has about 8 stone chips in it.im thinking that you will probably be able to get it fixed as good as new but wondering if the memory if this unfortunate event will cause you to sell it and find another similiar car in as good a shape.having worked at a classic car restoration shop i can tell you that almost any car can be fixed perfectly if the money is there and you picked the right shop.you should probably attend a couple of car shows.look around and talk to the owners whose cars have been recently restored or repaired about their experiences with different shops before narrowing the field down...then go see their work in progress and after being finished to make sure it will match your expectations.a filthy shop and many half repaired cars being stored outside are huge red flags IMO.hope this will end to your satisfaction.
Phrogpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #73
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Not that bad. Get it fixed.
Hate I didn't look at the pics before I posted such a supportive reply...This car will not be totaled, and is repairable...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:38 PM   #74
Phrogpilot

Mr Slingshot. Honesty? Yes. Your BS? No. You sure are full of yourself thinking your input actually matters...

Funny, a mint 2012 ZL1 with a little under 5000 miles just sold off the classifieds from this very forum for $45k. Yes, $45k. $30K for a mint, less than 10k mile 2012 ZL1? I'll take two please...

PS. You must have eaten lead paint as a child. How many times must I remind you that your input on this thread is not wanted nor appreciated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
And you would be guessing wrong, my cars are cleaned every weekend. Also apparently you don't care for honesty, sorry I'm not in habit of sugar coating things to an adult.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #75
Phrogpilot

Why would you hate that you gave a supportive reply? To me right now its not a matter of if its going to be totaled or not (plus we don't know if there is frame or suspension damage anyway from it being pushed all the way up and over the curb...) its the fact that it was a mint car prior and now will never be again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
Hate I didn't look at the pics before I posted such a supportive reply...This car will not be totaled, and is repairable...
Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #76
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogpilot View Post
Mr Slingshot. Honesty? Yes. Your BS? No. You sure are full of yourself thinking your input actually matters...

Funny, a mint 2012 ZL1 with a little under 5000 miles just sold off the classifieds from this very forum for $45k. Yes, $45k. $30K for a mint, less than 10k mile 2012 ZL1? I'll take two please...

PS. You must have eaten lead paint as a child. How many times must I remind you that your honesty on this thread is not wanted nor appreciated...
That's about $12k-$14k over market value, who ever bought it was a sucker. Newer with less miles have been sold with ASKING price of $38. Folks normally don't post what the selling price was. I'd have to see the link to the car your talking about to believe it. It also doesn't matter if it was a Certified Pre Owned, that doesn't make it special.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #77
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogpilot View Post
Why would you hate that you gave a supportive reply? To me right now its not a matter of if its going to be totaled or not (plus we don't know if there is frame or suspension damage anyway from it being pushed all the way up and over the curb...) its the fact that it was a mint car prior and now will never be again...
I understand your position clearly, as I recently had hail damage to my perfectly mint '13 ZL1 with less than 10,000 miles on it...An act of nature 7K in damages and my long time insurance agency even required me to pay the deductible...All I was saying is that if I had looked at the pics prior to writing a long post based on unknowns I would have saved you and me time...I also understand and value your sentimental attachment to your car, as mine is the same, but reality tells me not to be overly sentimental and believe that my car will be a collector...Time and demand dictates a designation as a collector...At 53 yoa I could careless if it is deemed a collector, because at that time I will more than likely be dead...And I was simply addressing some of the other issues you were having with the claim...I truly hope this works out in your best interest...If your car does eventually make it to collector status, I believe that the repaired damage would have minimal impact on it's value...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #78
Phrogpilot

Oh yea, so someone appreciates a low milage mint example of a very limited production car (approx1900) and they are a sucker? What happened to "They can list for whatever they want, none are selling for that..."?? I feel bad for you to have to go through life so cynically...

Ohhhh how the story changes now. Sooooo, now we have changed from $30k to $38K?
Where are all these mint under 10k mile examples of a ZL1 for $30k? And don't say Autotrader or Cargurus because I've looked, almost every day. Words mean things and so far none of your BS has been supported in fact...

This is an exact example of why you are full of BS Sir...

Quote:
That's about $12k-$14k over market value, who ever bought it was a sucker. Newer with less miles have been sold with ASKING price of $38. Folks normally don't post what the selling price was. I'd have to see the link to the car your talking about to believe it. It also doesn't matter if it was a Certified Pre Owned, that doesn't make it special.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #79
Phrogpilot

Thanks brotha, I appreciate the advice and kind words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
I understand your position clearly, as I recently had hail damage to my perfectly mint '13 ZL1 with less than 10,000 miles on it...An act of nature 7K in damages and my long time insurance agency even required me to pay the deductible...All I was saying is that if I had looked at the pics prior to writing a long post based on unknowns I would have saved you and me time...I also understand and value your sentimental attachment to your car, as mine is the same, but reality tells me not to be overly sentimental and believe that my car will be a collector...Time and demand dictates a designation as a collector...At 53 yoa I could careless if it is deemed a collector, because at that time I will more than likely be dead...And I was simply addressing some of the other issues you were having with the claim...I truly hope this works out in your best interest...If your car does eventually make it to collector status, I believe that the repaired damage would have minimal impact on it's value...
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #80
Phrogpilot

Quote:
You're right, I'm a Jerk. I hate my life so I spend my time trolling posts to try and make other peoples lives miserable too. I apologize for all my BS comments...
Apology accepted
Old 04-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #81
leemozoid

Drives: '15 Silverado LTZ & '13 ZL1 ragtop
Quote:
Wrong. Certification is an add to a vehicle's trade value and has a quantifiable dollar amount, just as it adds to a vehicle's value at the time of sale. The over 100 point GM certification checklist basically requires dealers to bring a used car to nearly new condition in order to pass and be eligible for the additional warranty coverage which goes with the car. After 22 years in the car business I've learned a thing or two.
leemozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #82
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemozoid View Post
Wrong. Certification is an add to a vehicle's trade value and has a quantifiable dollar amount, just as it adds to a vehicle's value at the time of sale. The over 100 point GM certification checklist basically requires dealers to bring a used car to nearly new condition in order to pass and be eligible for the additional warranty coverage which goes with the car. After 22 years in the car business I've learned a thing or two.
Totally disagree, CPO adds no dollar value to an insurance company or to the resale value to next owner. Only thing he would have gotten was a car that passed inspection and a 12 month warranty. They are most commonly done when the bumper to bumper warranty is out.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #83
Hatman

Drives: Several Camaros
Sorry about your head ache. As a body shop owner & a owner of a 68, 75,00 & 11 Camaro I can feel your pain, but that car is a easy fix & not anywhere near a total loss. Get it fixed by the shop of your choice it will work out any differance in what the ins. co wants to do & what should be done. If theres any hidden damages the Ins. co. will pay to have it repaired. Get the diminished value from the Ins. co. as well there are places that will help you with that for a fee bit its worth it. Then you have two choices keep the car or trade it for another low mileage "showroom car" they are out there you just have to look.
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #84
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just get it fixed and drive it like you stole it and don't look back. You will have loads more fun doing that than worrying about keeping it pristine.