Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #85
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
+ 1 here. In practice, I've never seen an auto insurance company compensate for aftermarket add on parts on a total loss. There is a lot of peeps here who must live in la la land.

Over 100% of my aftermarket parts are covered and beyond. It's called being knowledgeable and educating yourself with available insurance companies and options in your State. From optional riders to stated value policies, no captive insurance agent is going to help you navigate proper coverage in your best interest and almost no car owner will research or learn until it is too late. Most fully believe the coverage they have will protect them and couldn't be more wrong.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #86
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Over 100% of my aftermarket parts are covered and beyond.
So explain how you get "over 100% of my aftermarket parts are covered and beyond"?

Do you have 200% of your aftermarket parts insured?
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #87
Hatman

Drives: Several Camaros
Do you pay sales tax on car purchased in your state? If so make sure that you get the sales tax amount for the car that your not trading in because the insurance company bought the totaled car from you. Your not trading it in your buying a car & will have to pay the taxes on the entire amount.
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #88
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
+ 1 here. In practice, I've never seen an auto insurance company compensate for aftermarket add on parts on a total loss. There is a lot of peeps here who must live in la la land.
American Family gave me 50% of the cost of the aftermarket add-ons AND recent restoration work I had on my Corvette once I gave the adjuster a copy of the receipts. The 'Vette was on a car trailer that had an axle break and rolled the car. It happened in Kansas, about 1999.

My Dodge pickup was broken into while I was overseas, the stereo stolen, and the truck vandalized to the point it was a total loss. USAA increased the value due to the lift kit, lights, tires, and bumper. They also let me buy the truck back at no cost AND paid 100% of the stolen stereo equipment. That was in Indiana and in 2005.

Keep your receipts. Have a decent company. Know what to ask for and how to ask for it.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:49 PM   #89
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you can also get collector car insurance as long as its not a DD and its garaged. cant take it to the mall or regularly to work. no milage limit I pay $711 and if its totaled i get a check for $43k - what I owe on it. through Grundy
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #90
erickangulo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Alright ladies and gents, my insurance declared my car as a total loss today. They will be paying out $29k total.
erickangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #91
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickangulo View Post
Alright ladies and gents, my insurance declared my car as a total loss today. They will be paying out $29k total.
I just totaled mine last weekend and that's what I got also. I only had 12,000 miles though. They gave me the cost of my engine upgrades minus labor charges.
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #92
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickangulo View Post
Seems like a reasonable number. Are you getting into another Camaro?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:39 PM   #93
Raulo19

Drives: 2013 Dusk SS, 2017 Pacifica
That's awesome guys. Sounds like a decent deal.
Raulo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:01 AM   #94
erickangulo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I've been debating between a used C7 Z51 vs a new Gen6 1LE. Unfortunately I posted a poll on Camaro6 and was almost hung for claiming that to my knowledge the Z51 would slightly edge out the 1LE hehe. No one has been able to give me definitive answers on performance! I mean, the Stingray is lighter and almost all Z51's come with Mag ride; so far it's seeming like a better deal for the money. Not gonna be in the market for a few months, so I'm still waiting and researching. Thank you.
erickangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #95
Raulo19

Drives: 2013 Dusk SS, 2017 Pacifica
I sat in the 1 millionth Corvette at 13 years old. Loved it. I sat in one 3 weeks ago at 34. I don't wanna. I love every one since 68. It's my favorite car. I don't want to have to build the motivation to drive my car.
Raulo19 is offline   Reply With Quote