Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Recaros? Worth it?

So I have never owned a car before and the 16 Camaro will be my first one... My question is ..on this forum I see a lot of people cried foul when Recaros were not offered and the 'Stang guys smiled in glory that Ford did (though I am not sure how many actually bought it)...

So my question is Recaro worth the hype and money?

How much would it generally cost to install them...and what are the best recaros for camaro?

Also, do they void any type of warranty?
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Recaro's are godly and worth every dime. They TRULY shine when spirited and track driving, for boring highway cruise control driving, they aren't the best lol. I have used recaro full leather and heated seats for over 6 years and i loved every minute of it except that as a conceal carry owner I couldn't have it on me and sit in them as they are bucket seats but still...

They will be uber expensive to add unless you do not want the airbags that are on the stock seats which... why wouldn't you want airbags?

Adding Recaro's will only avoid ALL warranty work that you would try to get on your seats but other than that, no. Also, in case of an accident your insurance company won't like the fact that you went with another type of seat so that will be PITA to deal with as well.

The seats themselves will cost 2k and another 500 to install professionally...
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #3
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I am not a fan of track/competition type seats, especially for longer drives and someone with a bad back. I have sat a number of times in the competition seats in the Stingray, very narrow and not real supportive, thin as well. I know those seats are not Recaro brand, but very similiar.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #4
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Recaro's are godly and worth every dime. They TRULY shine when spirited and track driving, for boring highway cruise control driving, they aren't the best lol. I have used recaro full leather and heated seats for over 6 years and i loved every minute of it except that as a conceal carry owner I couldn't have it on me and sit in them as they are bucket seats but still...

They will be uber expensive to add unless you do not want the airbags that are on the stock seats which... why wouldn't you want airbags?

Adding Recaro's will only avoid ALL warranty work that you would try to get on your seats but other than that, no. Also, in case of an accident your insurance company won't like the fact that you went with another type of seat so that will be PITA to deal with as well.

The seats themselves will cost 2k and another 500 to install professionally...
Is that why people were crying foul when Recaros werent offered from factory itself... from the factory you would have got the compatibility with the airbags.
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
Is that why people were crying foul when Recaros werent offered from factory itself... from the factory you would have got the compatibility with the airbags.
Probably, it is a valid reason to complain about it especially since Chevy did NOT have it as an option which I think should've happened.... C7 has competition seats as an option. While I did love my Recaro's and will miss them in the gen 6, the current seats from what I am reading and hearing (minus no lumber support) is still does the job...
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 PM   #6
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
To the OP this is your first car. You will be putting more miles than you ever thought on this car. You might even decide to do a road trip. Racaro's are not made for this. I do not think you will miss anything with out them. Since it is your first car then you will not miss some thing you have never tried. LOL Although even if your tried them I am with SSport16. I do not have a bad back but a camaro ss is a drivers car. Now a z/28 get racaro's.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Probably, it is a valid reason to complain about it especially since Chevy did NOT have it as an option which I think should've happened.... C7 has competition seats as an option. While I did love my Recaro's and will miss them in the gen 6, the current seats from what I am reading and hearing (minus no lumber support) is still does the job...
I think the c7 got the competition seats as an option half way through the first model year, so hopefully they'll do the same with the camaro
Old 10-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
There is a HUGE difference between the Recaros and the C7 Competition Seats. I did not like the Comp Corvette seat after about 15 minutes. The stock C7 GT seats are much better especilly for long drives. But the GT seats are no match for the Recaros for both long distance and track use. They just wrap around you and keep you snug. I love them. They cost around $2500 as an option and around $5000 from the parts department. Try to find a Z28, 1LE or ZL1 that has them and seat in them for a few minutes and see what you think. Also the Recaros in the Mustang are very similar to the ones used by Chevy to get an idea of how they feel. Seats and steering wheel are very important because they connect you to the car.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #9
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
I think the c7 got the competition seats as an option half way through the first model year, so hopefully they'll do the same with the camaro
C7 had competition seats right from the get go for the beginning of the '14 model year.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote