Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-29-2022, 02:39 PM   #29
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
That looks like a pro driver not giving a F@&$ about HPDE rules or participants, and considers trading paint a day-in-a-life.
I don't know. It seems like if it was open passing on that straight away it was just a result of differences in speed. I don't think he did anything wrong, you probably shouldn't have prototypes that fast running with HPDE imo. HPDE loves to split classes by "experience" but HPDE experience is not the same as racing experience. At some point fast race cars shouldnt be on track with HPDE. Also begs the question if where he passed him was considered the straight or if he wasnt supposed to "open pass" until further ahead.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #30
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2004 Cobra
I'm still pissed off about this Supra driver in an Advanced group at Charlotte Motor Speedway a couple years ago. Lucky that he only got himself.

I assume:
1. He had never driven Charlotte Motor Speedway
2. Was not an Advanced Driver
3. Took a pass without a point-by
4. Did not know there was a corner. I was done with my braking and was about to start turn in.
5. Had no regard for standing water in the corner after a heavy rain.
6. Didn't even know where pit-in was to get off the track after the incident.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:11 PM   #31
MechanicalEng

Drives: Waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
I don't know. It seems like if it was open passing on that straight away it was just a result of differences in speed. I don't think he did anything wrong, you probably shouldn't have prototypes that fast running with HPDE imo. HPDE loves to split classes by "experience" but HPDE experience is not the same as racing experience. At some point fast race cars shouldnt be on track with HPDE. Also begs the question if where he passed him was considered the straight or if he wasnt supposed to "open pass" until further ahead.
I agree that purpose built race cars that are so significantly faster should not be with regular street cars, that car can take the Bowl ~30mph faster than a "normal" car.
The main straight starts right after the cone, he passed me on the inside of a 100mph+ turn without a point by, this is by any measure reckless and unnecessary on a DE, we both had damage to our cars as a result. The guy got his wrist slapped by the organizers after they saw this video.

Name:  NJMP.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  53.7 KB
MechanicalEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #32
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalEng View Post
I agree that purpose built race cars that are so significantly faster should not be with regular street cars, that car can take the Bowl ~30mph faster than a "normal" car.
The main straight starts right after the cone, he passed me on the inside of a 100mph+ turn without a point by, this is by any measure reckless and unnecessary on a DE, we both had damage to our cars as a result. The guy got his wrist slapped by the organizers after they saw this video.

Attachment 1110105
yeah no doubt he's at fault then, sucks that you have to deal with the damage because that guy was trying to set a PB during an HPDE session.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:55 AM   #33
beworthy3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

The forum asked so I must deliver. Here is the video of that close call with the Miata. Coming out of the pits at NJMP Lightening. Excuse the language at the end, dirty flying in my eyes + adrenaline

Ive had a big spin there before so I know how it goes lol
beworthy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #34
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by beworthy3 View Post

The forum asked so I must deliver. Here is the video of that close call with the Miata. Coming out of the pits at NJMP Lightening. Excuse the language at the end, dirty flying in my eyes + adrenaline

Ive had a big spin there before so I know how it goes lol
Thanks for sharing!

So the Miata was coming out of the pits and lost it?
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:09 PM   #35
beworthy3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Thanks for sharing!

So the Miata was coming out of the pits and lost it?
The Miata was actually coming out of turn 1 (a fairly swift uphill bling corner). Thats where he lost it. I was coming out of the pits which blends in on the run down to turn 2
beworthy3 is offline   Reply With Quote