Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
DigitalSyn

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE - Satin Steel Grey
Picking up a ZLE this weekend

Hey all ! Trading in my GT350 this weekend for a ZL1 1LE. Driving down from Atlanta, GA to Fort Meyers, FL to get it - 2019 ZL1 1LE Satin Steel Gray Metallic with 4,285 miles on it.

I am beyond excited, and can't wait. I see there is a handy check list for NEW ZL1 delivery, but is there anything I should check out for a used 1LE? I believe it still has the stock tires on it, so will be giving them a look to make sure they aren't over inflated ( or under ) for the journey back home.
DigitalSyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #2
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Very low miles so that's great. Is it previously modded, with anything voiding warranty? I would confirm this.

If it is modded and you're ok with no warranty, are you getting a compression and leak down test? Check on GM warranty service history, for oil pump failure or other.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:07 PM   #3
DigitalSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Very low miles so that's great. Is it previously modded, with anything voiding warranty? I would confirm this.

If it is modded and you're ok with no warranty, are you getting a compression and leak down test? Check on GM warranty service history, for oil pump failure or other.
Good call. I will double check. The only thing visually from the pictures is the front tow hook was added, like so many ZL1s. Is there a way to check GM service history specifically? CarFax shows regular oil changes/service items at a Chevy dealer, but that's it. The dealer selling is not a Chevy dealer.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #4
NiteBlitz

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSyn View Post
Good call. I will double check. The only thing visually from the pictures is the front tow hook was added, like so many ZL1s. Is there a way to check GM service history specifically? CarFax shows regular oil changes/service items at a Chevy dealer, but that's it. The dealer selling is not a Chevy dealer.
The biggest thing is seeing if it was tuned or not. As that voids a lot of items. The local chevy dealership just plugged it in and told me right away how many times it was tuned. I am assuming, if you are buying from a reputable dealer, they can do this too.

I purchased mine last year, from a decent sized Buick dealership near Orlando. 2019 with 6k. A week later my clutch was slipping, took it in and was told of all the mods that were done to the car. Other than clutch, had no other issues even with the mods. In a way I feel like it saved me some money since I was probably going to do the same mods down the line.
NiteBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #5
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
To the point above, if it's a 6 speed ask the dealer if they can confirm or provide limited warranty on the health of the clutch.

If you can, I would add an extended warranty. I thought this was possible while a car is under original warranty--these are usually $1-2k.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:39 PM   #6
DigitalSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
To the point above, if it's a 6 speed ask the dealer if they can confirm or provide limited warranty on the health of the clutch.

If you can, I would add an extended warranty. I thought this was possible while a car is under original warranty--these are usually $1-2k.
Does this forum have an internet dealer they recommend for the extended warranty? I assume you are referring to the GM Protection Plan.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #7
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Congrats on the purchase! We look forward to seeing lots of pictures/documentation of the delivery.

I highly suggest the following mods -
  • Michelin PS4S for the Street. Reserve the stock GY3R tires for track days only (paired to a separate set of wheels)
  • Katech LT4 Ported Throttle Body - This will remove any throttle hesitation off the line.
  • ZL1 Addons - Jack points
  • Exhaust Options - Numerous

Definitely make time to take it to the track. Otherwise this car is wasted on normal roads.

Cheers!
Old 05-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #8
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Peyton Farnsworth
Extended Warranty Sales
406-896-3080
This is who I used.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #9
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Congrats!! Satin Steele ZLE is insanely beautiful!
Old 05-05-2021, 05:08 PM   #10
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
Very nice color Lol. Looking forward to pictures one you get it.
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:19 PM   #11
BRM ZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Congrats I am partial to Satin Steel as well. See if you can get the dealer to mount some PS4S or some Continentals if its's still on factory Good Years. Will make you drive home much nicer.
BRM ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #12
DigitalSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM ZL1 View Post
Congrats I am partial to Satin Steel as well. See if you can get the dealer to mount some PS4S or some Continentals if its's still on factory Good Years. Will make you drive home much nicer.
I’ve reached out to a local shop to see if I can get PS4S’s installed. My plan was to do that when I got home but it makes sense to do it for a 600+ mile trip.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #13
Sorange

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Congrats on the new to you ZLE! call your local GM dealer and give them the VIN. they should be able to look up and see if the warranty is still active or not, and be able to tell you when it all expires.
Sorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:28 PM   #14
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSyn View Post
Hey all ! Trading in my GT350 this weekend for a ZL1 1LE. Driving down from Atlanta, GA to Fort Meyers, FL to get it - 2019 ZL1 1LE Satin Steel Gray Metallic with 4,285 miles on it.

I am beyond excited, and can't wait. I see there is a handy check list for NEW ZL1 delivery, but is there anything I should check out for a used 1LE? I believe it still has the stock tires on it, so will be giving them a look to make sure they aren't over inflated ( or under ) for the journey back home.
I just picked up my ZLE this weekend. Was set on a ZLE for probably 6+ months, but was considering a GT350 or GT350R before. drove it home to CA from TX Friday evening through Sunday morning.

What convinced you to ditch the GT350 if you don't mind me asking? for me probably the biggest things that swayed me toward the ZL1 was the lack of low end torque, and the engine/oil consumption issues.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote