Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-30-2022, 01:34 PM   #15
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Um....No, as the others have said, they just lied to you, so you'd plop down a deposit. There are 2022 Camaro's that have been showing "in-transit" for over 6 months here in NC. There must be some movement 'cause my dealer has '23's on the lot, but not sure how they're managing that. It is one of the Rick Hendrick dealers so maybe they got some pull, I dunno?
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #16
ApolloX75

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Lies. The lies! Best advice has already been given earlier: find a car landing soon with specs at or beyond what you want and pick it up. That's how I ended up getting my LT1 and it was "imminent" delivery that still took 5 weeks to show up after I made the deal. I still got it for just under MSRP too, I just had luck on my side for once and was the first person to call about it.

It was the first 2022 Camaro they'd had delivered all year, and this was August.

Your situation is exactly like mine with the Dodge dealer who told me "10-14" weeks for a Challenger R/T and then proceeded to laugh maniacally when we hit 7 weeks and I asked if it had even been ordered since they never provided a VIN or VON.

Dealers lie. I'm sorry.

*SOLD* 2016 Camaro 1LT V6, 6 Speed, Hyper Blue Metallic
ApolloX75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:13 PM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Not if you are in the business to make money. Secure the cash, then break the bad news when he/she calls back in 10 weeks.
Agreed. The money they take on deposit can be used to their benefit in certain ways. You might just end up giving them a 90 day loan for free, or they will talk you into a car you never wanted in the first place. They have nothing to lose by lying (except their reputation and customers... lol).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:24 PM   #18
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Dealers have no idea when these cars are actually going to show up. GM doesn't even know, transport is subcontracted. GM gave me a ETA of 10/6, then 10/11, and then the dealer called me on 9/27 and told me it just showed up.

Dropping a deposit on a dealer should be done with a contract. Make sure it is refundable. If a buyer really wants a car in this market, you have to have much more patience than ever before.
fj5gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:51 AM   #19
pondo

Drives: '23 SS 1LE
I got lucky and my closest dealer had a ‘23 SS 1LE in transit with exactly what I wanted. Put a deposit for $500 and in 2 weeks it was delivered. You could get lucky if you search inventory.

'23 SS 1LE Rapid Blue
18’ SS 1LE Hyper Blue - sold
pondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:34 AM   #20
MX5Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox45 View Post
This is EXACTLY what I did for my last car. Got MSRP and no haggling. Also got a killer deal on trade.

Ox.
It's how I bought our Volt (no trade, previous Volt was a lease) and got like 20 Grand off
MX5Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:44 AM   #21
MX5Racer

Well guys I don't know if the one Chevy dealer was lying or not, because they refused to sell below MSRP and I never pay MSRP. I don't care what "the market is right now", they either want my money or they don't - no shortage of Camaros on this planet.

Yesterday I bought this 2022 LT1/RS with 3k miles that got traded in at a Mercedes dealer.
The only and I mean ONLY option I had to have was the dual mode exhaust, and it's got it. Also a stupid sunroof that eats headroom, RS pkg which I like, bigger backup cam and Bose audio (which totally cranks). Also Carbon Flash alloys which I could take or leave, they were a $100 option and if I had ordered one I would've gone for the $200 gray painted with polished edges that remind me of 60s muscle car wheels. I am thinking some Bronze wheels would be nice if I change these....

Old 10-02-2022, 07:48 AM   #22
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Lots of 2023's showing up within 10-12 weeks of ordering. Not sure why everyone is claiming the dealer "lied".
Old 10-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #23
MX5Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Lots of 2023's showing up within 10-12 weeks of ordering. Not sure why everyone is claiming the dealer "lied".
Actually had TWO dealers tell me the same, so yeah.....

My build is beautiful- Riverside Blue with red hash marks, red brakes and red seatbelts, with the wheels I love. Tried for silver center stripe but they don't allow it with the hash marks, no idea why because they don't touch.... My issue was, when I was doing my build the NPP exhaust was not offered. All the dealer could find was some kind of optional exhaust through Chevy that was still just 2 tips and not valved. Cost more, too. They could not figure it out, said certain options will disappear and reappear at random with the supply chain BS.

So I was just kinda casually lookin around within 200 miles on Cargurus and Autotrader, noticed the orange 2019 2SS in the other thread at a Maserati dealer, this black one and a gray 2018 1SS at a Chevy dealer. I went to all three dealers in person because they were nearby. The Chevy dealer also just got in a 2019 Bullitt (stick) with 17k miles for 46 Grand that honestly I woulda bought but when I said I'd like to test drive it the guy went away for 5 minutes then came back and said "See here's the thing- they really don't want people driving the sports cars unless they are ready to buy" ROFL - I have 3 kids and gray chin fur, it's not like when I was 20 wanting to buy an IROC you idiot. I said "Well, FYI i am ready to buy, and the car I drove up in is a sports car (2021 Supra), not that Mustang". Dumbass.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #24
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
in response to original question about modes and what each one does
Attached Images

crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:10 PM   #25
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX5Racer View Post
Well guys I don't know if the one Chevy dealer was lying or not, because they refused to sell below MSRP and I never pay MSRP. I don't care what "the market is right now", they either want my money or they don't - no shortage of Camaros on this planet.

Yesterday I bought this 2022 LT1/RS with 3k miles that got traded in at a Mercedes dealer.
The only and I mean ONLY option I had to have was the dual mode exhaust, and it's got it. Also a stupid sunroof that eats headroom, RS pkg which I like, bigger backup cam and Bose audio (which totally cranks). Also Carbon Flash alloys which I could take or leave, they were a $100 option and if I had ordered one I would've gone for the $200 gray painted with polished edges that remind me of 60s muscle car wheels. I am thinking some Bronze wheels would be nice if I change these....
Sounds like you got way more car than you would new. Have to wonder why people are trading these with such low mileage.

Bronze would be a good contrast with black. Last year I looked at a scatpack challenger with bronze, it wasn't a great combo.
fj5gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:38 AM   #26
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX5Racer View Post

I'm not criticizing, but those wheels/wheel wells seem 'different'. Too much space between the wheels and the car. It almost looks as if some of the metal around the wheel well was removed, or very very low profile tires substituted? Or is it the color creating an optical illusion?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:48 AM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I'm not criticizing, but those wheels/wheel wells seem 'different'. Too much space between the wheels and the car. It almost looks as if some of the metal around the wheel well was removed, or very very low profile tires substituted? Or is it the color creating an optical illusion?
I see what you're seeing, and I -think- it's an optical illusion. The black just sort of "disappears" on the flat, vertical area that frames the wheel well.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote