Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-05-2020, 10:17 AM   #43
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocZL1 View Post
Ok great, thanks for the heads up. I already picked it up, but when I bring it in for the 500 mile oil change I'll have them check it.
Have them test the battery, assuming they can do it with a tester that's designed for AGM batteries. These cars have all kinds of weird issues that commonly trace back to battery-related issues. If nothing else, you will at least have a service record that you were concerned about the battery and if it dies "early", GM will likely pick up replacement costs no matter how many miles you've logged.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #44
Flytetymex

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
^^^THIS!

I've driven Lexus and we currently drive an Infiniti QX50 SUV. There's DEFINITELY a difference between the buying experience and the customer service after delivery. And, my Camaro was more expensive than the luxury vehicles!
So damn true. I've leased three different Lexus vehicles and I never had any sort of issue at the dealer nor did I ever worry when my car was going in for routine maintenance.

Now with the ZL1 (and the SS sedan before that), service times are atrocious, service reps are asking ME what kind of fluids the car should get, trying to get a hold of someone to check the status is nearly impossible, etc. Dealing with Chevy is such a test of your patience but it's tolerable (for now) because of the gem I get to drive.
Flytetymex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:00 AM   #45
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocZL1 View Post
Ok great, thanks for the heads up. I already picked it up, but when I bring it in for the 500 mile oil change I'll have them check it.

Any chance you maybe had the fuel tank really low and maybe it didnt pick up good? Not saying a new car should do this but maybe the gauge is off a little close to E.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:57 AM   #46
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
^^^THIS!

I've driven Lexus and we currently drive an Infiniti QX50 SUV. There's DEFINITELY a difference between the buying experience and the customer service after delivery. And, my Camaro was more expensive than the luxury vehicles!
Ha I was thinking the same the other day.

Chevy is amateur when it comes to real customer service and the little things that higher end retailers do for customers.

Just look at the way the dealer treated someone who spent 60+k and didn't make it halfway home before having a problem. GM PR should be calling the OP kissing his ass.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #47
Ferntree

Drives: Jeep GC; GMC K1500; Maserati 222 4V
Absolutely!
Chevy - if you're reading this - I'm cross-shopping and I sure as hell will remember this thread!

You're never too old to learn something stupid.
Ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:31 AM   #48
HavocZL1

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
Any chance you maybe had the fuel tank really low and maybe it didnt pick up good? Not saying a new car should do this but maybe the gauge is off a little close to E.
No chance - it was the first thing I thought though - "Was I so distracted driving this amazing car home I didnt watch the fuel guage??" Alas, there was well over a 1/3 of a tank of gas left when this happened. Total mystery.
HavocZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote