Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-25-2023, 06:05 AM   #29
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Are the people who say drive it actually reading the post or just the title of the tread? It's a car that has summer only tires on it. OP has to go cross country in spring over mountains. Possible snow, below freezing temps... etc.. Why on earth would you risk that? It's below freezing and snowing right now here this AM. Can't imagine It's the only spot (especially in the mountains) that we are getting this $hit weather right now.
Take the southern route. It would just add an extra day.

Last edited by Jus Cruisin; 03-25-2023 at 08:41 AM.
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:15 AM   #30
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
run what you brung.

ps - dude with the masking tape to prevent paint chips - that was both funny and cool and thank you for reminding me that my psych team wants me to wear my safety helmet at all times.
JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:14 AM   #31
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Thumbs down

Quote:
Are the people who say drive it actually reading the post or just the title of the tread? It's a car that has summer only tires on it. OP has to go cross country in spring over mountains. Possible snow, below freezing temps... etc.. Why on earth would you risk that? It's below freezing and snowing right now here this AM. Can't imagine It's the only spot (especially in the mountains) that we are getting this $hit weather right now.
Lol you should read the OP again, he is considering a mid-april timeline.
Maybe the weather will be better.

Or just do your collectible thingy. I choose to drive my cars and enjoy them. But there is joy in collecting too, just different strokes for different folks.
indyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:44 AM   #32
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Drive it, unless you expect snow and sub 20 weather along the route.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:58 AM   #33
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Another factor in the decision for me would be the time. Two thousand miles is a long way. By the time you factor in the cost of a flight and take several days off work (assuming you aren't retired) you could have paid to have the car shipped. And if you are self employed like me, if you aren't working you are making money.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z (modified)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:17 AM   #34
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Lol you should read the OP again, he is considering a mid-april timeline.
Maybe the weather will be better.

Or just do your collectible thingy. I choose to drive my cars and enjoy them. But there is joy in collecting too, just different strokes for different folks.
Says the dude down in FL...

"collectible thingy"... Ok... Ya... If you don't choose to drive your car home on a 2000+ mile trip, it's now considered a collectable.

Last edited by jamala00; 03-25-2023 at 10:44 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:19 AM   #35
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
Take the southern route. It would just add an extra day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Another factor in the decision for me would be the time. Two thousand miles is a long way. By the time you factor in the cost of a flight and take several days off work (assuming you aren't retired) you could have paid to have the car shipped. And if you are self employed like me, if you aren't working you are making money.
^^^ Exactly...! Add on top of that the chance of snow... (Yes it snows in April, especially in the mountains contrary to some people's beliefs)... Ship It
Old 03-25-2023, 09:19 AM   #36
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Yes I read it and would still pickup and drive back. I get that time is money too so missing some work or using vacation days can affect folks decisions. I would put the shipping cost toward PPFing the important parts of the car at the dealer. Fly out on a Thursday or so and drive home. If on a budget, sleep in the new baby between racking up the miles. Fluids changed along the way at a dealer $200. 2500 miles / 20mpg = 125 gals x $6 gas = $750 gas. Arrive home, wash car, go to bed, wake and go to work. There are weather apps for those of you not familiar .

Ps to the OP. Have the dealer send you a pic of odometer and make sure no one drives. Make sure transport company knows you know miles. Also tell dealer you want another window sticker and they can order from GM so you will have 2. Good luck either route you go!!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:22 AM   #37
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Yes I read it and would still pickup and drive back. I get that time is money too so missing some work or using vacation days can affect folks decisions. I would put the shipping cost toward PPFing the important parts of the car at the dealer. Fly out on a Thursday or so and drive home. If on a budget, sleep in the new baby between racking up the miles. Fluids changed along the way at a dealer $200. 2500 miles / 20mpg = 125 gals x $6 gas = $750 gas. Arrive home, wash car, go to bed, wake and go to work. There are weather apps for those of you not familiar .
All kinds of options... .There are lots of factors to consider. Sleeping in a Camaro sounds fun...
Old 03-25-2023, 09:33 AM   #38
Realist

Quote:
All kinds of options... Always easy to to suggest what someone else should do. I'd ship it...There are lots of factors to consider. Sleeping in a Camaro sounds fun...
Definitely feel better with my ass asleep in the car compared to the car being transported. Seen some stories here of the underside damages transports did to some here. There is no wrong answer.

Last edited by Realist; 03-25-2023 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-25-2023, 09:41 AM   #39
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Definitely feel better will my ass asleep in the car compared to the car being transported. Seen some stories here of the underside damages transports did to some here. There is no wrong answer.
Ya, correct on that! I had my Camaro shipped to me and also had my last Harley shipped to me. I'm comfortable going the shipping route.

Just to add though... You do realize that every new car you purchase on a dealers lot was shipped...
Old 03-25-2023, 11:30 AM   #40
Realist

Quote:
Ya, correct on that! I had my Camaro shipped to me and also had my last Harley shipped to me. I'm comfortable going the shipping route.

Just to add though... You do realize that every new car you purchase on a dealers lot was shipped...
Yes and exactly why I would fly out and inspect. Hell, the tires could already have cracks in them between manufacture date and now.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:19 PM   #41
Fstlane

Drives: 2019 Summit White ZL1
I purchased mine in Denver and drove it to Austin in snow and rain.
I passed every gravel truck in the state of Oklahoma, almost lost it in the rain as the tires suck in the rain.....
My son bought a 1LE from Indianapolis and shipped it ....no issues.

So I say ship it!!
Fstlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:13 PM   #42
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
OP ... What did you decide? Plenty of opinions , you haven't commented . I'm originally from Renton , If this car is a daily driver and knowing the weather up there, rain 9 months a year. Have the dealership put all season tires on , maybe they give you credit for the Goodyears.
And drive it ... Rain snow slop Isn't a factor on the drive home, it's like that as stated 3/4 of the year up there.
Now if this is a good weather Car , Ship it ...