Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #29
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
A long screwdriver is essential. It's not easy, but its doable.

semi-related, i saw someone on instagram who installed the skip shit eliminator with ease, and he was pretty proud of how easily he installed it...

however, he installed the skip shift on the part that controls the reverse lockout solenoid in the rear, which is easey to access lol, not the skip-shift one...
He figured that out the moment he tried to back it out of his garage and reverse would not engage lol
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #30
CPM

Drives: Black 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
Very sorry, not the first time I thought SS meant Camaro SS. Hope you get the help you need. Can't imagine things come from the factory any differently between Camaros of the same model year with regard to plug/clip configuration.
No worries, Weege. I had watched that before and thought it was a Camaro at first, too.
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #31
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Like others in this thread, I too had my dealer do it lol
Old 04-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
A long, skinny screwdriver does the trick. A lift helps....you sort of have to be right underneath for best results.

Took me about 5 minutes to install and zip-tie the kit from Phastek...but then I realized I didn't take any pictures, so I'll have to get back under there in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #33
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I also used a long bladed flat screwdriver with wedging my left hand up to the connector to stabilize it. Took me a few tries but I was able to do it in my garage
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #34
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I can't imagine driving this car in a way that you constant end up banging against this. It's a pretty narrow window for engagement, 17-21 MPH if I recall correctly. Also, you can just go into 3rd instead...To each his own.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #35
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Do you just ram the car in front of you that's causing this, or go around them in oncoming traffic?

I drive this car in town. Haven't had any issues. All the paint is still on the nose of the car.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #36
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPM View Post
See, that guy’s plug has the clip facing downward, which would make things considerably simpler. That’s on an SS, though, not a Camaro. Do your Camaros have the clip facing up (like mine) or down (like this guy’s SS)?
Did you every get this figured out?

Here is a crappy photo of my connection. The clip at the transmission faces rearward, so it was fairly easy to install the skip-shift eliminator.
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #37
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Honestly gents, ladies- I go 1 to 3.....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #38
CPM

Drives: Black 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
Did you every get this figured out?

Here is a crappy photo of my connection. The clip at the transmission faces rearward, so it was fairly easy to install the skip-shift eliminator.
Nope, I haven't tried again since spending a frustrated hour under there a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like I may just have gotten unlucky with the position of mine.

Thanks for the response and picture.
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #39
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPM View Post
Nope, I haven't tried again since spending a frustrated hour under there a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like I may just have gotten unlucky with the position of mine.

Thanks for the response and picture.
You are welcome.

I wonder...with a mechanic's mirror and using a screwdriver-like tool with a 90 degree bend at the end, you could raise and disconnect that clip? I know it is tight.

Good luck with it.
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #40
Johnfin

Drives: 2018 ss
1. where did you guys buy your cable. i have a 2018 ss and got my cable from mizzys, didnt fit. most mfgs say they dont have a cable that has been tested with the 2018 tremec.
2. dont know how you guys are getting the dealer to do that. my dealer says its a federal emmisions device and they can do prison time for altering it.
Johnfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #41
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
2. dont know how you guys are getting the dealer to do that. my dealer says its a federal emmisions device and they can do prison time for altering it.
This is true - a dealer would be in violation of federal law for modifying anything that has to do with emissions controls. The fines are huge, and the EPA doesn’t mess around. I can’t believe any dealer would risk it.

OTOH, this regulation only applies to factory-franchised dealers, so any vehicle owner or independent service tech could install the device.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #42
CamaroVille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS M6
I have a 2018 2SS manufactured in June 2018. Purchased the Muzzys CAGS Skip Shift Eliminator from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was a bit tricky to install but used a long screwdriver to remove the factory connector. Actually took longer to jack up the car and get the stands placed than it took to install it. I like the Muzzys because it has a blank connector that plugs back into the transmission. Some don’t have this. I have been driving with it for about a month and have had no issues at all. No codes thrown.

Like has been reported by many, you will still get the Skip Shift DIC message, however it is just not enforced.
CamaroVille is offline   Reply With Quote