Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-08-2023, 08:24 AM   #13119
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
started it for the first time since 1st october.
fired right up but was misfiring a little for about a minute. does that sometimes anyway when cold.
all good and ready to go once the rain washes all the dust off the roads. we still have some snow aswell. think i'll wait untill may.
oh the key fob battery had gone flat also. changed in both. 2 years they had been in.
replaced original battery just before i shut it down. and changed the oil and filter. did the diff oil aswell.
so all ready for the 1st of may
We were supposed to get a "Chance" of a dusting to 1" of snow overnight.... So what does the city do. Goes out and sprays salt brine all over the f'ing roads. Guess what, yep... we got no snow and temps were supposed to be about 50 anyway. Had we got any snow it would of just melted by mid day. They spray that $hit down if the wind blows the wrong direction. I swear....
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:45 AM   #13120
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
We were supposed to get a "Chance" of a dusting to 1" of snow overnight.... So what does the city do. Goes out and sprays salt brine all over the f'ing roads. Guess what, yep... we got no snow and temps were supposed to be about 50 anyway. Had we got any snow it would of just melted by mid day. They spray that $hit down if the wind blows the wrong direction. I swear....
That sucks, I’d be pissed …
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:50 AM   #13121
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
That happened out here in Central Mass a few weeks ago! I couldn’t believe it. Temps were barely freezing and sure enough, the state workers needed to get in one more round of overtime….the roads were literally WHITE with how much they put down. It’ll be late April by the time all the salt and sand is truly off the roads…I’m lucky to get 6 months of Camaro use.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:51 AM   #13122
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
That sucks, I’d be pissed …
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
That happened out here in Central Mass a few weeks ago! I couldn’t believe it. Temps were barely freezing and sure enough, the state workers needed to get in one more round of overtime….the roads were literally WHITE with how much they put down. It’ll be late April by the time all the salt and sand is truly off the roads…I’m lucky to get 6 months of Camaro use.
Yep... The roads are white with all the salt brine they sprayed. Of course next week is supposed to be in the upper 60's and mid 70's and not a chance of rain in the extended forecast the next 10 days to wash the Shit away.

For the life of me I don't know how the city managed the last 50+ years I've been alive when they never sprayed that $hit. That stuff is worse on your vehicle then the rock salt is. I don't even know why they sprayed it. It's 9 AM and it's 45 degrees. The snow would have never stuck around even if we did get a little.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #13123
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
started it for the first time since 1st october.
fired right up but was misfiring a little for about a minute. does that sometimes anyway when cold.
all good and ready to go once the rain washes all the dust off the roads. we still have some snow aswell. think i'll wait untill may.
oh the key fob battery had gone flat also. changed in both. 2 years they had been in.
replaced original battery just before i shut it down. and changed the oil and filter. did the diff oil aswell.
so all ready for the 1st of may
So, you are only able to drive your Camaro for 5 months a year? That would suck! I've driven my car at least once a week ever since I got it (March 2016).
I'd go nuts just staring at it in the garage for 7 months of the year. Well at least May is only 3 weeks away.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:56 AM   #13124
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
So, you are only able to drive your Camaro for 5 months a year? That would suck! I've driven my car at least once a week ever since I got it (March 2016).
I'd go nuts just staring at it in the garage for 7 months of the year. Well at least May is only 3 weeks away.
I've lived in WI my entire life. I'm used to storing vehicles. I don't store mine for 7 months. Normally I can get to mid Dec before we get salt for the first time. I got my car out last week. So Mid Dec - April. (4.5 months) That's the reason I run all seasons, because I will drive my car in cold temps until they dump the salt. My Harley I normally put away by Nov 1st. (Too cold for me these days lol). Just pisses me off like yesterday when they dumped the salt brine for NO reason. If we get snow now it does not stick around. Temps are warm enough.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:35 PM   #13125
NYS2

Drives: 20 Crush 2SS/1LE Volvo XC90
Name:  B14530CC-1E9A-40A7-A30E-37E13C473F45.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  171.5 KB
10 Super Car in, 10 (hopefully) 10-40 out. I say hopefully because I removed a Napa oil filter . At least I know what’s in it now.
NYS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:56 PM   #13126
flobb

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 Coupe. Black + Redline
Quote:
Knowing how governments work, they probably just had the brine on hand and were itching for an excuse to use it knowing spring is here. If they don't use it, then some bean counter inevitably says they over budgeted, and then they get less $$$ next year.
flobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 07:00 PM   #13127
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobb View Post
Knowing how governments work, they probably just had the brine on hand and were itching for an excuse to use it knowing spring is here. If they don't use it, then some bean counter inevitably says they over budgeted, and then they get less $$$ next year.

Bingo..! That's exactly it...
Old 04-08-2023, 07:59 PM   #13128
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS2 View Post
Attachment 1124709
10 Super Car in, 10 (hopefully) 10-40 out. I say hopefully because I removed a Napa oil filter . At least I know what’s in it now.
Will be doing mine soon, my old ass needs a creeper!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:41 PM   #13129
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Buffed off SIO2 coating from the font bumper and front half of hood in preparation for precut PPF I bought last year. Found that the LT1 license plate bracket is not only held on by plastic fingers, but double sided tape. What the F%@&# ( One and half hours down…)

Finished up with a alcohol wipe down and trimmed the precut PPF to fit around the license plate bracket. Went to install the PPF and find out quickly it’s clearly a two man job to start the process (too long and flimsy). I fight with the bumper PPF for more than an hour and can see there’s no way I’m going to make it look “good”. It needs to be stretched and pulled while other areas look too long. Maybe it’s my skill level, or possibly a combination of crappy PPF precut design and my skill level. Don’t know.. I wave the white flag and rip the piece off the car. (Another 2 hours down)

I figure, heck I have to get something done today… I might as well try the hood, that will be easy. I pull the precut piece out and realize it’s for a LT with no hood vent… Oh, man. I almost lost it. I end up pulling myself together and decide to pre trim the PPF to fit around the vent. All is looking good until separate the PPF from the film and notice this piece isn’t cut all that great. It needs a good 2 inches of stretching side to side to to make it work, as well the bottom is definitely cut a bit crooked. Again I fight and fight to try and make it work.. the more time I spend, the more frequently those little annoying black flies land in and around my work area. I’d flush them away with my soap solution, but to no avail.. even more came to piss me off. And so, this is where the meltdown came into play….off with the hood PPF. (2 more hours gone).

I pull the hose out, rinse the hood and bumper, buff and reapply SIO2. Rock chips be dammed (1 hour including cleanup of everything else).

I bring the car out for a beating, to let off some steam.. arrived home with the sweet smell of rubber wafting from my rear tires. Approximately 1hr and a coupe gallons of gas.

Head in to start drinking…
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 09:28 PM   #13130
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Buffed off SIO2 coating from the font bumper and front half of hood in preparation for precut PPF I bought last year. Found that the LT1 license plate bracket is not only held on by plastic fingers, but double sided tape. What the F%@&# ( One and half hours down…)

Finished up with a alcohol wipe down and trimmed the precut PPF to fit around the license plate bracket. Went to install the PPF and find out quickly it’s clearly a two man job to start the process (too long and flimsy). I fight with the bumper PPF for more than an hour and can see there’s no way I’m going to make it look “good”. It needs to be stretched and pulled while other areas look too long. Maybe it’s my skill level, or possibly a combination of crappy PPF precut design and my skill level. Don’t know.. I wave the white flag and rip the piece off the car. (Another 2 hours down)

I figure, heck I have to get something done today… I might as well try the hood, that will be easy. I pull the precut piece out and realize it’s for a LT with no hood vent… Oh, man. I almost lost it. I end up pulling myself together and decide to pre trim the PPF to fit around the vent. All is looking good until separate the PPF from the film and notice this piece isn’t cut all that great. It needs a good 2 inches of stretching side to side to to make it work, as well the bottom is definitely cut a bit crooked. Again I fight and fight to try and make it work.. the more time I spend, the more frequently those little annoying black flies land in and around my work area. I’d flush them away with my soap solution, but to no avail.. even more came to piss me off. And so, this is where the meltdown came into play….off with the hood PPF. (2 more hours gone).

I pull the hose out, rinse the hood and bumper, buff and reapply SIO2. Rock chips be dammed (1 hour including cleanup of everything else).

I bring the car out for a beating, to let off some steam.. arrived home with the sweet smell of rubber wafting from my rear tires. Approximately 1hr and a coupe gallons of gas.

Head in to start drinking…
LOL , when we lived in Washington,til 2 yrs ago, Idt fight them little black flies in my garage , never did figure out what drew them in , never food or garbage ever around , but annoying as heck. I feel your pain.

Went to a Veteran's Car Show today , at Bass Pro Shops in Glendale Arizona, lil over 200 cars. Half dozen Gen 5 an 6 s , and lots of nice Classics . Thought I took more pictures, but I didn't.
The Car seen here has about 6 or so weeks and winds to a close , by end of May, It's just to hot , but a short off season will start back up mid September.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2023, 05:28 AM   #13131
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Drove it to work!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 06:03 AM   #13132
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Mounted my old roav dash cam Saturday using the USB in the armrest. The wire is only visible by the passenger seat belt buckle and a couple inches at the base of the A pillar. I didn't want to hardwire because of the roav age. Not sure how much life it has.