Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
RS16

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Talking Rattle Noise V6 3.6L Dual Exhaust. SOLUTION!!!

Two weeks ago I had noticed a rattle noise coming from the rear of the car. I read up on the threads on the forum of rattle, noise, vibrations etc coming from the rear. Some members for their situation said it was one off the four actuators for the NPP valves. I took my car to the dealer, because I was pissed that every time I stepped on the pedal the rattle noise would rattle and it was loud enough to make me want to change the whole exhaust system from cats to axle back. Anyways, the dealer said there was a TSB(See attached picture.) for the NPP for possible rattle noise and it would cost $250 with no guarantee the noise would be solved. I thought it was complete BS. Another option the dealer offered, of course, was to replace the whole exhaust system at the cost of $2,100 .

I asked my cousin for help and we used try to trace the noise with a stethoscope as on person push the pedal and the other traced the rattle noise. We thought it was the NPP valve right after the resonator after a couple bangs with the palm of our hands.

I took it to a muffler shop (CA). The guy had it on the lift and found the problem. THE RESONATOR was the problem with the rattle noise I had. It was some type of through bolt that had carbon build up and underneath the carbon build up was a crack. (see photo.)

For now I decided to go with the resonator delete. Different sound obviously, but problem solved. If anyone want to sell me theirs message me.
Attached Images

RS16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, noise, rattle