Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-03-2023, 05:50 PM   #127
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt View Post
When the gov't decides what your going to drive doesn't seem like things will work out so well. No chance in hell I want an EV charging in my attached garage while I sleep at night. Once they go poof there is no putting out the fire !!

The Green Dream is just exactly that, a dream. Were going to battle scar the earth for minerals , try to deal with millions of lbs of toxic batteries with no place go and end up in a worse place than we started ! Much like the windmills...
Have to keep a truck handy to yank it out if if goes up in flames.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 03:31 PM   #128
TheEnthusiast

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1SS
Laughs in V8 noises.

I'll never own a EV ...ever. The Gov trying to cram it down my throat, trying to outlaw ICE and make it look like I have no other options, turned me off completely. I don't give af how fast your toaster on wheels is.

Watching politicians buy EV stocks and then implementing illegal policy changes deliberately targeting ICE to make a profit on those stocks?

I'll never support the "Globalist RESET" corrupt agenda.

ICE till the day I die.

Last edited by TheEnthusiast; 04-05-2023 at 06:25 PM.
TheEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 10:29 PM   #129
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Keep it on topic and stop the personal attacks…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:48 PM   #130
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Something to look forward to in a possible EV Camaro (and all EVs for that matter).

But in a weird twist, higher-income buyers liked the idea much less than those with lower incomes. For those with incomes above $150,000, 83% said “no” to subs. So GM is betting on younger buyers accepting the practice, while at the same time alienating those who buy the feature-laden models. And that’s where the real profits come from.
ull-hate/
Likely they did the analysis wrong in this part. Those with incomes above $150K were likely middle-aged to older workers, the same ones that didn't want the subscription services.

I can accept the subscription concept for things like movie channel streaming apps, as there's no reason you have to be loyal to a particular streaming service and it creates a lot of flexibility for consumers. But for almost everything else in our marketplace, subscriptions suck and seem to be an attempt to lock-in a continued revenue stream. I couldn't believe when Microsoft started trying to force subscription services for MS Office (365) instead of the one-time software purchase where you own it and can use it for as many years as you like before you decide to update (I would typically hold a version for 7-10 yrs). Way more expensive when you have to pay by the month just to have access to some documents you created a few years ago.

Putting this concept into cars is absolutely rediculous. Maybe in a Tesla for when you are watching a movie instead of actively driving like you should be, but then again you already have your phone or tablet so who needs to coordinate it through the car?
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 07:37 AM   #131

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwired View Post
Yeah - good try. The oils spills are ACCIDENTAL. The filthy pools required for lithium production are PLANNED.

We are simply trading one problem for another.

https://interestingengineering.com/s...ining-business
Oil spills are definitely a bad thing, and they do happen for sure....but that photo of the ship in the oil slick looks phony to me....lol...I'm certainly no photo shop expert or whatever but it just looks made up....No wake, absolutely dead calm waters...The slick doesn't look disturbed at all by the ship....The shadow is just too perfect...Just a guess, but it for sure is a sensational/sensationalized looking photo...If it is fake, no biggie. I get the idea...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote