Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-03-2018, 06:58 AM   #29
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
If you're scared of the A8, then I'd definitely wait and order a 2019 with the A10. A much better transmission with hardly any complaints. This assumes you can get past the horrid looking bumper on the 2019 SS.
The ZL1 has a 10l90, the SS is getting the 10l80...not exactly the same transmission so I wouldn't claim it's a much better transmission yet.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #30
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Mine has been solid so far, including 2 years of tracking it hard. I had to think long and hard on getting an auto for the first time in many, many years, but I dont regret it at all.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #31
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
If you're scared of the A8, then I'd definitely wait and order a 2019 with the A10. A much better transmission with hardly any complaints. This assumes you can get past the horrid looking bumper on the 2019 SS.
not sure if you are aware but the zl1 a10 and the 19 ss a10 are different transmissions.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #32
Gettingood
2016 2SS NPP MRC Glowtie

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I will say this, and it applies to nearly all modern automatic transmissions:

There is quite a bit of adaptive learning these automatics do. Before you start blaming the transmission as being bad, check your driving style: Are you left-foot braking a lot? How aggressive are you with brakes and throttle on average (apply and release)?

If you have aggressive inputs and/or mess with engine load abnormally, the transmission will begin to adapt to those situations and shift seemingly odd. I will tell you, after a single autocross even, it takes my buddy’s A8 some regular driving to feel “normal” again.

In addition, if you have wheels that aren’t balanced that great, you can run into a constructive resonance at certain RPMs and vehicle speed, especially in V4, that will produce a feeling like a “shudder” or “judder”. This is another thing I noticed driving my friends car on the freeway with his race tires and wheels that are not balanced. It threw me off because it didn’t feel like a normal wheel vibration (I know that feeling); it felt like something powertrain/drivetrain related. If I changed my vehicle speed a bit, the issue went away; in and out of V4 the issue was there in either, but slightly more in V4. Engine RPM slight changes didn’t get rid of it. It was definitely a trifecta: small vehicle speed range, RPM and wheel balance, with wheel balance being the culprit (as the factory wheels and tires, that are balanced, do not do this).

I’m not saying there aren’t issues - it’s a mass produced car and there will be. But just be mindful. The A10 seems much more suspect to little driving characteristics causing weird adaptive learning.
If you have driven an A8 car that has the TC shudder you would never think it has anything to do with what you stated above. I have driven 3 different car that had the TC shudder and all of them feel like you are driving over rumble strips.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #33
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Anyone know the correct part number for the new GM Dextron HP ATF?
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote