Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
TheAbyss

Drives: 2017 SS
Interior plastic chrome replacements??

I've got the '17 2SS and I really don't like how much of the shiny plastics they have in there. They are quite scratch prone and are starting to look bad, IMO.

Those are:

Interior door openers
Volume knob
Vent openings
The trim piece around the gear shifter.

What have you done to yours? Any suggestions?
TheAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
When I bought my 2016 Canyon this was one of the things that really set it off from the Colorado - where Chevy put painted plastic, GMC had actual brushed or polished metal.

I really wish someone would do that for all of the crap plastic chromed pieces and the door trim. It’s much classier and would help with the cheap interior feel of the Camaro.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
The only real option is to have them painted. I considered pulling them all off and have River City Creations do the painting but then you have to be willing to do without all the pieces for that time frame. All of the parts come off relatively easy, the only exception would be the vent controls. I still haven't seen anyone document how to remove those. I have plasti-dipped numerous parts and it looked ok but tends to get dusty quickly. To me, it is one of the worst design features on the car and something I was hoping GM would address on the refresh....but clearly that didn't happen.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote