Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-11-2022, 06:49 PM   #15
dma05

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
Nice job I just did the exact same thing except I already had solid subframe bushings and toe ends and trailing arms. I did aFe Featherlight coilovers, Hotchkiss sways with the 2012 outside mounting and Hendrix carrier offset bushings, 4 new wheel berings and UCA bushings plus new bushings for control arms and other bushings. The car drives like a dream but I have a lot of noise from the offset bushings from Hendrix and a lil clunk from the axel bearing on the rear end but the handling is incredible with the aFe Coilovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Dma05 are you noticing a noise from your off set Diff Bushings as tlamb2?

I don't notice any new noise, but my exhaust is basically a straight pipe and my engine has a cam. The car is insanely loud at all times.

I do have a vibration that I'm hoping will be fixed once I install my new axles and get my Differential rebuilt with a TruTrac by JRE.

I also have the clunk noise when making a right turn into driveways.

Hopefully the new Diff and the new Axles will help with those 2 issues.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:45 PM   #16
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...hlight=Hendrix This thread addresses the noise issue it is bad
tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:26 AM   #17
dma05

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...hlight=Hendrix This thread addresses the noise issue it is bad

Yea, I'm willing to deal with it. It's not my DD by any means.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:11 PM   #18
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
Mine is not my DD either so I can take the trade-off for a performance suspension. The Diff bushings and upper Control arm bushings make a huge difference. I already had the solid subframe bushings and those made a huge difference and now the diff and UCA bushings made almost as big of a difference as the sub bushings. I also just upgraded the stock stereo to a high-end system with a Pioneer 8-inch screen with 2 amps and 10-inch subs with the stereo and my Boost-activated cut-outs I can do away with the noise. The only time I hear it is going thru a parking lot at 5mph and especially when turning when the car is cold it sounds like a tractor. But we can't expect the car to drive like stock with all the upgrades we do for performance. So if you are on the fence about swapping bushings be aware there is a lot of noise that comes with them.
tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote