Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 03-06-2022, 12:31 PM   #1
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Damaged MByte Design 6th Gen Conversion Bumper

I have a 6th Gen conversion fiberglass bumper from MByte Design that has multiple areas of damage from shipping. Absolute nightmare of an experience overseas shipment from China, the parts were roughed up prior to arrival and since they were delivered two months later than expected I was already deployed overseas and couldn’t dispute the condition of the shipment for return. It was poorly packaged and the top piece of wood caved in crushing the contents during transit. The company never allowed me to send for replacement/exchange or refund.

It sucked that Covid impacted shipment delaying delivery and I was already deployed overseas when it arrived. I told MByte that I wasn’t expected home for approximately a year to inspect condition further and cargo damage was noted by the driver who picked it up from the warehouse before it ever even got to my doorstep. The bumper is legit still in the bubble wrap they sent it in. First thing I did when I got home from my deployment was check the parts but just at a glance I saw those four cracks and contacted them about it. I even made a claim through PayPal and Capital One with overwhelming proof, but they both said too much time had elapsed from when it was received to process any claims even though I explained I was serving overseas and couldn’t have filed one sooner than I did. I looked into small claims court but unfortunately because it’s a Chinese company they don’t have any assets in America to sue and it would potentially cost triple the amount I paid for the kit just to win a settlement and collect. So I had to eat costs and now I have it just sitting here with no use for it. Such a shame since it could’ve been a really good looking addition to my build.

Realistically I’ll never use the bumper so I’d rather it go to someone who’s willing to fab it or take on the challenge of restoration, all you have to do as buyer is pay shipping and it’s yours. Estimated freight shipping quote I received from Fastenal based on approximate dimensions and weight was around $400 price range depending how far it’s being sent and final overall weight once it’s all packaged. Otherwise, I’ll probably take a hack saw to it or go to town on it with a bat to help relieve some stress from the whole ordeal. Bumper is still available as long as this thread is listed. Located in NYC for anyone interested about local pickup of this oversized paperweight I have.

These 4 pictures below were all I noticed briefly looking over the fiberglass bumper and it’s still in its original wrapping but I can take and send more photos upon request if you are seriously interested so you know the full extent of the existing damage and whats expected upon delivery.

I’ll go forward with the process of packing it up to get the finalized shipping cost invoiced to you through either PayPal (including PP fees) Venmo, or Zelle, whichever is more comfortable for you to use. I just ask for your verbal commitment that you are willing to pay the total shipping costs before I go through all the trouble of gathering materials and packaging it since that’s no small task. TYIA!

Photo of what it should’ve looked like:
Name:  C6179B88-66A4-42E2-A7DC-6DA85FD28129.jpeg
Views: 191
Size:  84.3 KB

Photos of damaged areas:
Name:  983D2B26-AAF9-4AA2-91FD-ABC8EA9F8125.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  6180629E-4561-44D5-B111-DAA721C04646.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  136.4 KB

Name:  1D6C42B0-6271-4066-825A-8EF454AA9718.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  A360111E-9F50-4A66-8FE4-AABE0250ECC5.jpeg
Views: 199
Size:  287.8 KB

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .

Last edited by BatmaroBeauty; 10-20-2023 at 06:09 PM.
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote