Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2022, 06:01 PM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Granatelli motorsports wing?

Anybody have this wing on their camaro? Recently saw a Facebook post from a Joey Granatelli about a 10 wing pre-order. $100 down up front and $650 all in. I already called and placed an order because I couldn't resist myself, its such a good looking wing. Anyone have experience with this wing? Here is some screenshots from the post I saw. The phone number calls up Granatelli directly so I know it's legit, but just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this wing.
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.

Last edited by The_bald_eagle_machine; 02-16-2022 at 05:39 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:40 AM   #2
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Anyone? It says if you have the RS package, then it utilizes the factory holes. I don't see how its possible by looking at it. All I could see was the side profile.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:26 AM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Thats a spoiler not a wing.
And the add gave me a used car salesman vibe.
Lastly, not for my particular taste. Kinda looks like something golf clubs should be delivered to my door in.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:22 AM   #4
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Definitely different. I myself prefer the factory look but that's just me. I'd be reluctant to purchase something from a company that doesn't take the time to proof read their ad or correct spelling after it's up.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:13 PM   #5
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
There are a number of guys who used to be on here that begged them to do another run since they quit making them years ago. Looks like a lot of those guys may have moved on. I don't do a lot to my car for looks, so for me, I'm wondering what it would do for downforce. It does not look like it would do much.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:15 PM   #6
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I follow a guy on Instagram that has this spoiler installed. It might actually be the same build as the one photographed with the parachute that you posted. Honestly, spoiler/wing preference is all dependent upon the build intent and whether it compliments or clashes. I think the Granatelli design purpose is more to function/imitate a drag racing style wing. At one point I considered this as a look I wanted for my build but I currently have 5 spoilers in my possession so I have to pass on adding a 6th to the collection piling dust. Also, I’m too skeptical about the validity of that post. 1-grammar, 2-anyone can make a FB profile with their name being Joey Granatelli to give it some sense of validity to the general public and post up any phone number to call claiming to be authentic but it just seems sloppily done, 3-it could be someone that had this particular wing and duplicated a mold to make more so may be subpar quality and fitment compared to the original, 4-there’s nothing showing the actual item in the state you’re purchasing since all the photos are previous installations I’d want to see current photos of the primed polycarbon piece that I’d be buying not someone else’s application of the product, 5-could just be a scam posing to rip people off because exclusivity is a top seller.. Why go through all the trouble of production to only sell just 10 wings? Why would they not make the wing available for official check out through their website, first come first serve? Seems fishy or maybe I just have internet trust issues.. good luck and keep us updated, hope it works out for you!
Attached Images

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
There are a number of guys who used to be on here that begged them to do another run since they quit making them years ago. Looks like a lot of those guys may have moved on. I don't do a lot to my car for looks, so for me, I'm wondering what it would do for downforce. It does not look like it would do much.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522059
Old 02-17-2022, 08:59 AM   #8
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
best looking spoiler for the 10-13 IMO

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 12:33 PM   #9
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Legit

I was skeptical at first as well. But the number listed is the number for Granatelli. I called and spoke to a rep who transferred me and took payment. They also have a post on their company FB and IG that announced a 10 unit run. So that I do not doubt. Just wanted to get feedback and opinions from others. I want the build to stand out a little so I didn't want the zl1 or z28 style sing for my build. This popped up and I got excited.